* Leaves emerge silvery gray-green in spring. Coppery-brown bark exfoliates on mature trees. Flowers are followed by elliptic seed pods (2-3” long). * Genus name honors Richard Karlovich Maack, 19th century Siberian explorer.
Always be sure to look on the fertilizer label on the back of the bag to see exactly what is included in the fertilizer. The amount of chemical fertilizer used per plant will vary with the size of the plant and it's root system.
* A small tree, or sometimes a shrub; white flowers with pale pink anthers in clusters to 4", followed by oblong 1/2" orange-red or red-brown fruit; tolerant of pollution; dense rounded crown; native to northern Europe, where it is planted in streets...
Each spring green leaves emerge that come together in a V shape and the multiple short leaves provide the zen of an Asian garden. The dark foliage will pop against the other green trees, and bright blooming plants in your landscape.
The show isn't over in the fall. Thousands of pink blooms emerge early every spring while other trees are still dormant. Guess and neighbors will swear that your Lavender Redbud is doing something beautiful and different every time they see it! Landscapers...
Dwarf Red Buckeye has just what the Gardener ordered: Lovely early spring foliage Hardy plant that works well as either a tree or shrub Excellent color contrast great for sunny planting sites A Small Tree that will Dwarf all others For eye-catching, visual...
The brilliant crimson fruit ripens in August and are about the size of small plums. Sweeter and larger than other crabapples, the fruit is excellent for eating fresh, making pies, butter, jams, jellies, ciders and sauces.
* The tree species Maackia amurensis is commonly known as the Amur maackia. The species epithet and common names are from the Amur River region, where the tree originated. Buergeri coming from further north is likely hardier than the species.
It can grow almost anywhere. But what makes this tree so unique is that its flowers appear again in the fall (when other trees are losing their leaves) and during warm winters (when trees are usually dormant).
The pure white blooms will explode in brilliance against the tree's deep green leafy canopy. A Natchez Crape Myrtle also gives you the unusual bark coloring of cinnamon on the trunk and stems , along with its smooth, sleek distinctive texture.
* A tree with 4" leaves; branches usually have 2 corky wings; native to northern China . Americana in all but ultimate size. The perfect wind-pollinated apetalous flowers are produced on second-year shoots in March, followed by obovate samarae < 19 mm...
Prefers Growing Zones 6-9. This blizzard of bright blooms appears in late winter or early spring. However, they make great ornamental trees as well, being able to command attention with their showy purple-red flowers.
Extremely attractive when used as a focal point in the mixed border, mass planting, or a specimen planting . Small enough for a large containers on the patio. Features dark green foliage turning reddish orange in fall, mottled tan bark which exfoliates...
* The flowers and fruits are more dainty than the species we are accustomed to. * This is a rare Styrax to western gardners. Well worth growing as a garden novelty. The tree can grow larger than Styrax japonicus and Styrax obassia.
The Robinson Crabapple is one of our most popular flowering trees, so be sure to get yours now while we have them in stock. You get huge, soft pink blooms in the spring, decorative fruit in the fall and textured bark.
This is one of the most pest-resistant magnolia trees you can find. It can tolerate very moist soils, and can even survive standing water. They are considered to be very showy in nature, and have been praised by many horticultural experts.
* Juglans hindsi has only one confirmed native stand remaining. It is listed as Seriously Endangered on the California Native Plant Society Rare Plant Inventory. * The wood of Juglans hindsi is commonly called Claro walnut by the lumber industry and woodworkers.
When you have selected your fertilizer and are ready to apply it, be sure to rake your mulch back to the drip line of each plant. “Fertilizer burn” can occur when too much fertilizer is applied, resulting in a drying out of the roots and damage or...
Grows in many soils and climates. Mildew resistant! Perfect for Growing Zones 5-9. This tree offers color all year... - Pretty pink and red blossoms in spring - Gorgeous fall foliage Easy to plant, and fun to watch! You'll find yourself anticipating springtime,...
Pendula, which is a weeping form that features single or double white to pink flowers in spring. Subhirtella bears white to pink flowers which may emerge intermittently from autumn through to spring, and small black fruit.
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 12
Common Name: Winter Flowering Cherry, Higan Cherry, Spring Cherry, Rosebud Cherry