Gray bark fissures on older trees revealing an attractive orange inner layer and resulting winter interest. * This Japanese snowbell cultivar is a shrubby, broad-topped, small tree or large shrub with wide spreading horizontal branches which tend to weep...
Quantity: 1.99 lb
Collection Locale: Pennsylvania
Common Name: Japanese Snowbell, Pink Japanese Snowbell
* Very similar to Osakazuki * The main difference is the fall color. It works well when planted with Osakazuki so that the leaves in the fall compliment each other. * As with all seed collected from cultivars it is uncertain if the resulting seedlings...
* Resembles Celtis but has winged fruits to 3/4"; dark green foliage; "gray-brown bark exfoliates in patches and is quite handsome...for the plant collector this is a treasure to be unearthed" (Dirr); native to northern and central China.
* Hardier than green-leaved types. * Bright reddish purple color in spring deepening as summer advances, turning to carmine and scarlet in the fall. * Fall color is sensational. * It is upright growing, hardy and sturdy.
* The wood lacks a distinctive odor and so does not impart a flavor to items stored in it. Thus it can be used for making tubs for storing food items. * It is popular as an ornamental landscaping tree and as a Christmas Tree.
Location: AZ, Apache
Botanical Name: Abies concolor concolor AZ, Apache
* The leaves are brick red blended over a deep green color base. * Seeds colected from cultivars such as this may not resemble the mother tree. Unique individuals will most likely result which can be even more interesting than the parent.
* A very desirable color * Makes a delightful upright small tree, maturing at 4 meters. * The foliage is purplish-red holding into the summer then some green tones come in changing to red and scarlet in fall.
* Beautiful peeling cinnamon bark. * Fall color bright red and orange. * A species of maple native to central China , in the provinces of Gansu , Henan , Hubei , Hunan , Shaanxi , Shanxi , and Sichuan.
* A species of maple native to central China , in the provinces of Gansu , Henan , Hubei , Hunan , Shaanxi , Shanxi , and Sichuan. * Fall color bright red and orange. * Beautiful peeling cinnamon bark.
* A species of maple native to central China , in the provinces of Gansu , Henan , Hubei , Hunan , Shaanxi , Shanxi , and Sichuan. * Fresh/Green seed does not require a period of warm stratification to soften the seed coat.
* The flowers are up to 8 cm wide, with five white petals with orange anthers ; they are shaped like Camellia flowers, round and flat to somewhat cupped. * A beautiful tree in every respect; 2-2 1/2" white flowers with orange centers in July; lovely exfoliating...
* Unlike most species of pine. This tree transplants well. * Mountain Pine or Mugo Pine ( Pinus mugo ) is a high-altitude European pine , found in the Pyrenees , Alps , Erzgebirge , Carpathians , northern Apennines and Balkan Peninsula mountains from...