* Golden Summer Crookneck is a bush type plant that yields of buttery-yellow squash with narrow curved neck that are very easy to grow. They are best harvested when 8" long. It is one of the earliest producing crookneck squash on the market that produces...
* Trees, small, or shrubs, to 10 m tall. Hu Genus: Eleutherococcus Family: Araliaceae subfamily: Aralioideae. Branches glabrous, unarmed or with scattered recurved prickles, slightly flattened at base.
* The fruit is 1–1.2 cm diameter, red to reddish-purple at first, turning dark purple to nearly black when ripe. * The fruit is the basis of Blue raspberry flavor, a popular flavor for candy, syrups and other sweets.
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 95
Common Name: Whitebark Raspberry, Blackcap Raspberry
* semi-evergreen to deciduous, large foliage shrub maturing at up to 12' tall by 15' wide, but often smaller upright oval to radiating rounded growth habit in youth, maturing to an arching vase growth habit with age (if left unpruned, but frequently pruned...
Rich in vitamin C. * Erect stalks topped with one or several blue 1 1/2" flowers; parent of many cultivars with white, blue, or double flowers; popular and easy to grow. * Campanula persicifolia (peach-leaved bellflower) is a flowering plant species in...
Most people love to grow and eat big, luscious, juiicy extra sweet melons and that is exactly what you'll get with Magnifisweet. These delicious oval-shaped fruit weigh 5-6 pounds with sweet, moist salmon-colored flesh.
The shoots are rich in vitamin C. Can be grown in a woodland garden though it is less likely to fruit well in such a position. * However, the wild thimbleberries can be eaten raw or dried and can be made into a jam which is sold as a local delicacy in...
* Celery (Apium graveolens var. * Celery is used around the world as a vegetable for the crisp petiole (leaf stalk). The leaves are pinnate to bipinnate with rhombic leaflets 3–6 cm long and 2–4 cm broad.
Tetragonioides was the only cultivated vegetable to have originated from Australia and New Zealand. For two centuries, T. The plant has a trailing habit, and will form a thick carpet on the ground or climb though other vegetation and hang downwards.
It is native to the Mediterranean region. * Glebionis coronaria is used as a leaf vegetable. * Seed - surface-sow in spring to early autumn in situ. English language common names include garland chrysanthemum, chrysanthemum greens, edible chrysanthemum,...
Normally in the 20 to 50 pound size, but it is not uncommon to see pumpkins over 100 lbs. * Big Max is a large variety of squash that can exceed 100 pounds and 20 in (510 mm) in diameter under ideal growing conditions.
They are used like spinach. They have a flavour similar to mushrooms when sauteed. 60-75 days to maturity. Mature seeds are eaten cooked. They are very nutritious, being rich in oil (up to 17%), protein, vitamin E and calcium.
They fruit best with a temperature range of 16 - 22°c in the growing season. It is not winter hardy in Britain, though it can be pot grown outdoors in the summer and brought into a warmer place for the winter.
Pyrus serrulata is a deciduous Tree growing to 10 m (32ft 10in). Tolerates atmospheric pollution, excessive moisture and a range of soil types if they are moderately fertile. Established plants are drought tolerant.
* This heirloom variety was created by Rutgers University in the 1930's. It was the main commercial tomato grown in New Jersey for many years. It produces an abundance of medium sized round bright crimson tomatoes.
* The fruit is delicious when eaten out of hand, the fruit is also used in pies, preserves etc. * A herb tea is made from the dried leaves. * The plant from which cultivated red raspberries were derived.
Crop Year: 2018
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 4
Common Name: Red Raspberry, European Raspberry, Framboise
* Shiny leathery leaves, coarse, evergreen, dark green or blue green. * Very fragrant yellow flowers in early spring. * Fruit - raw or cooked. A pleasant acid flavour, it is nice when added to muesli or porridge.
* Once an important hardwood timber tree, the American chestnut is highly susceptible to chestnut blight, caused by an Asian bark fungus. * These are the sweetest seeds of any species in this genus * A delicious oil can be extracted from the seed by crushing...
* Actinidia arguta ( hardy kiwi ) is a perennial vine native to Korea , Northern China , and Russian Siberia , producing a small fruit resembling the kiwifruit . * A very hardy plant, tolerating temperatures down to -30°c or more, but the young spring...
Common Name: Hardy Kiwi, Bower Actinidia, Tara Vine, Kiwi Berry
* Sanguisorba officinalis ( Great Burnet ) is a plant in the family Rosaceae , subfamily Rosoideae . It is native throughout the cooler regions of the Northern Hemisphere in Europe , northern Asia , and northern North America .