Occasional Trillium ovatum plants have petals that are maroon rather than the typical white. Other trees which frequently shade this trillium include grand fir, western red cedar, and western hemlock; bigleaf maple, red alder and Sitka spruce join in...
* It is said to be of great use when applied externally to stimulate hair growth and is an ingredient of many hair lotions and ointments. * Bearsfoot root was used by the North American Indians as a stimulant and laxative remedy.
* Cephalotaxus fortunei, commonly called the Chinese Plum Yew, simply Plum Yew, Chinese Cowtail Pine or in Chinese as San Jian Shan (Chinese: ???; pinyin: s?nji?nsh?n), is a coniferous shrub or small tree in the plum yew family.
* Veratrum album , commonly known as the False Helleborine (also known as White Hellebore , European White Hellebore , White Veratrum ; syn. ), is a medicinal plant of the Liliaceae (lily family) or Melanthiaceae which is native to Europe .
* Siberia (southern regions), Central Asia (Dzungaro-Tarbagatay), Far East (Ussuriskiy Kray), northern China and Mongolia. V - from early spring to late autumn. Leaves falcate, 3-5, in rosette, as tall as stem.
When prescribed internally it is always used dried and in conjunction with fresh ginger root. * Tian Nan Xing has been used in Chinese herbal medicine for thousands of years and is valued especially for its beneficial affect upon the chest.
* A tuberous herb with vine like leaves. Thrives in the light shade of trees. The plant blooms in summer to late autumn in reds, pinks, and whites; leaves, appearing after flowers, are often marked with silvery patches.
Flowers are very attractive to butterflies and bees. Easy to grow in full sun, spirea tolerates a wide range of soils and is deer resistant. ‘Double Play Pink' was selected for its dark red foliage in spring and bold, intense pure-pink flowers.
* A lovely evergreen plant for cool, acid, woodsy conditions such as rhododendrons like; 1" flowers in rounded clusters at branch tips, each flower hexagonal, generally pink, sometimes white, red, or purplish; the tips of the stamens are tucked into little...
It grows wild in cracks in old walls where drainage is excellent. Leaves are finely divided and yellow-green to gray-green, often remaining over winter. * Yellow corydalis grows to 30–38 cm (12–15 in) tall.
With lovely pewter mottling on each heart-shaped leaf, this rarity is perfect for illuminating shadowy, difficult sites. In midsummer, large, lacy heads of hydrangea-like flowers form along this cultivar's self-adhering stems, offering a moonlit display.
Plant the roots out very shallowly. Grows well in heavy clay soils. * Prefers a humus-rich soil, succeeding in a moist border or by water. * Iris sibirica , the Siberian Iris , is a flowering plant in the genus Iris , native to eastern and central Europe...
The leaves area safe and effective cathartic. They are best used with Foeniculum vulgare seeds in order to counteract a tendency to cause gripe. * Senna marilandica , or Maryland Wild Senna , is a flowering plant in the United States .
* The wood dries without difficulty and is often used in its green or wet state for turnery and bowl carving. * Pretoria, the administrative capital of South Africa is popularly and poetically known as Jacaranda City or Jakarandastad in Afrikaans.
They are very attractive to bees whilst the fruit is a good winter food source for many species of birds. Branchlets dark purplish brown to grayish brown, cylindric, initially densely yellow tomentose, glabrous when old.
Seeds Per Pound: 40,000
Common Name: Parney Cotoneaster, Milkflower Cotoneaster
* The flowers are often used for dried flower displays. * Unusual perennials with 2" spherical blue flowers in mid to late summer; the plant itself is rather rough and thistly with dark green leaves; good for middle or back of border; wants full sun and...
Known for its showy, fragrant flowers and vigorous growth. 'Leading Lady Plum' Monarda - This compact, low-growing flower blooms earlier in the summer than other bee balms, and offers two successions of aromatic purple flowers.