* An essential oil obtained from the flowers is used in perfumery. * The Sweet Pea has long been a favorite of gardeners because of the wonderful fragrance of the large clusters of colorful blue,pink,purple,red or white flowers.
* A sprawling plant unless staked, perhaps best for romping through a semi-wild border; small blue flowers in considerable numbers in midsummer; full sun or part shade, persistent once established; native to China.
Pre-chill stored seed for 7 days and sow spring in a cold frame. * Easily grown in average, medium, well-drained soils in full sun. May self-seed in optimum growing conditions which helps keep these somewhat short-lived perennials in the garden.
* Flowers, to 5", white, fragrant, borne in profusion. * A species of flowering plant in the family Fabaceae ,native to South China (which includes Hong Kong ) and southeastern Asia * Common names include Hong Kong Orchid Tree, and Hawaiian orchid tree.
* All parts of these plants are considered toxic to humans, causing severe digestive discomfort if ingested, and also skin irritation. * The plants flower from late spring to late summer, and are pollinated by butterflies and bumble bees.
The flowers have a scent of apricots. Kinmokusei ; also known as Sweet Olive, Tea Olive and Fragrant Olive) is a species of Osmanthus native to Asia , from the Himalaya east through southern China ( Guizhou , Sichuan , Yunnan ) and to Taiwan and to southern...
* The flowers are very fragrant, diffusing a powerful clove-like scent. * Prefers a neutral to slightly alkaline soil in a sunny well-drained position. * An attractive garden flower, blooms in May or June, 1 1/2" flowers, several per stem.
Collection Locale: Holland
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 88
Botanical Name: Dianthus plumarius Spring Beauty
Common Name: Spring Beauty Carnation, Feathered Pink
They are late to sprout in spring but quickly reqrow and begin flowering in just a few weeks once they do. The fragrant flowers open late in the afternoon and early evening and remain open until the early morning attracting a variety of pollinators including...
USDA Cold Hardiness Zones: 7B,8,9,10,11
Outdoor Light: Full sun, Part sun, Part shade
Native To / Origin: Peru, Americas
Soil & Moisture: Average moisture, well-drained soils. Does well under average garden conditions. Moderate drought resistance once well-established.
Angel's Trumpets are fast growing tropical shrubs that act-like dieback perennials in the northern parts of their range but readily return from the roots in spring. A wonderfully fragrant Angel's Trumpet, Charles Grimaldi releases a fantastic perfume...
Outdoor Light: Full sun(with midday shade in S), Part sun, Part shade
Pruning: Remove dead wood and reshape overwintered plants in spring just before or once new growth begins.
pH Range: Mildly Acidic, Neutral, Mildly Alkaline
Grows To: 6-9'H x 3-7'W
Indoor Light: Direct sunlight, High
Fertilizing: Heavy feeders but do not like excessive amounts of phosphorous, feed often when in growth.
However it is commonly cultivated in gardens away from its native range. * Primula denticulata , commonly known as Drumstick primrose or the Himalayan Primrose is a species of primrose that is native to moist alpine regions and Afghanistan to China .
Plants flower the second year from seed, so the wait isn't too long. It mixes well with other bulbs. * Sky blue to deep blue flowers in April, native to Greece, forms tubers, self sows to form mass plantings.
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 32
Common Name: Windflower, Greek Thimbleweed, Grecian Windflower, Grecian Wind Flower
The spicy scented white flowers are born in early spring on this vigorous, semi-evergreen to deciduous vine. This woody twining vine is adaptable to a variety of site conditions and is pest and disease resistant.
Outdoor Light: Full sun, Part sun, Part shade, Filtered shade
USDA Cold Hardiness Zones: 5,6,7,8,9
Native To / Origin: China, Korea, Japan
Container Size: 4.5 inch / 20 fl.oz. / 591 ml
Soil & Moisture: Average moist, well-drained soils. Moderately drought resistant once well-established.
* Penstemon grandiflorus is a perennial plant of the genus Penstemon. * A decoction of the leaves has been used in the treatment of chills and fevers. * A very ornamental plant! * Succeeds in ordinary rich garden soils so long as they are well-drained.
Germination Test Type: cut
Common Name: Shell Leaf Penstemon, Large Beard-tongue, Large Beardtongue, Large Beard Tongue
Chinese Fringe is moderately drought tolerant once well established. Rich dark glossy green foliage. Large, 4-7'', clusters of fragrant brilliant white flowers are borne in spring as the rich green new growth emerges.
It can have its trunks submerged along the edges or is generally growing close enough to get its roots directly in the water source. A moderate to severe annual pruning of established plants in late winter helps to promote fuller plants and the most flowers.
Deer Resistance: Occasionally to Frequently Bothered
Bungei and they are similar in many regards. Clerodendrum phillipinum (now C. In full sun their foliage is generally smaller and leans toward olive green and the plants are generally shorter and more compact.
Soil & Moisture: Moist to average moist, moderately fertile soils.
pH Range: Acidic, Mildly Acidic, Neutral
Outdoor Light: Part shade, AM sun, Filtered shade, Light shade
* The flower heads are 8-12 inches in diameter and are very showy. * This bulb forming perennial produces short lived sword shaped leaves followed by flower spikes having huge umbels of fushia colored flowers at the top.
Other names include 'Yellow Gentian', 'Bitter Root', 'Bitterwort', 'Centiyane', and 'Genciana'. It is especially useful in states of exhaustion from chronic disease and in all cases of debility, weakness of the digestive system and lack of appetite.
* This vining plant is fast growing and has very fragrant flowers. Paniculata is the most common of these, and is widespread in forest throughout the country. * Clematis paniculata (In M?ori: Puawhananga) is one of seven species of clematis that is native...
Flowers are borne almost continuously from fall to spring. Flowers of the Sweet Olive are used in Asian dishes to impart their fragrance into food and teas. Sweet Olive is a 2009 Georgia Gold Medal Plant selection.
Outdoor Light: Full sun, Part sun, Part shade
Deer Resistance: Rarely Bothered
Soil & Moisture: Average moist, well-drained, moderately fertile soils.