Sweet and pleasantly flavoured. After being dried they are cooked in water to make a sweet aromatic porridge that is called 'mazamorra' in S. In the vegetative phase, until May to June, the lower part of the hypocotyl, as well as the upper part of the...
* Succeeds in a fertile well-drained soil in a sunny position. This species is cultivatedas a vegetable in China. Plants are not very cold-tolerant, but they can beoverwintered outdoors in areas where winter temperatures do not fall below about -5°c.
Germination Test Type: cut
Seeds Per Pound: 243,356
Common Name: Chinese Violet Cress, February Orchid
* Seed - sow from late winter to late spring in situ. Most parsnip cultivars consist of about 80% water, 5% sugar, 1% protein, 0.3% fat and 5% dietary fiber. It also contains antioxidants and both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber.
* Beets are low in calories (about 45 kcal per 100 g), have zero cholesterol and a minute amount of fat. Betaine lowers the chance of coronary heart disease (CHD), stroke and peripheral vascular diseases.
* Other reports say that they contain 'estevin' a substance that, weight for weight, is 150 times sweeter than sugar. * The leaves have a very sweet liquorice-like flavour. * Stevia has become very popular as a natural sugar substitute with almost zero...
Minimum Hardiness Zone: annual
Height: 12-20 inches
Quantity: 1.7 lb
Common Name: Candyleaf, Sugar Leaf, Stevia, Sugarleaf, Sweet Leaf, Sweetleaf
* Native to shrubby areas, meadows and stream banks from central Europe to Russia and China, solitary clematis is a woody-based, erect-stemmed, non-climbing clematis that typically grows in a dense, somewhat sprawling, shrubby mound to 12-18” tall.
* Trifolium campestre , commonly known as Hop Trefoil and Low Hop Clover , is a species of clover native to Europe and western Asia , growing in most areas, but specifically thriving on dry, sandy grassland habitats, as well as in fields, woodland margins,...
Its effectiveness has never been reliably proven or disproven since controlled studies have not been carried out. * Rheum palmatum , known as Turkey rhubarb , Chinese rhubarb , ornamental rhubarb , and East Indian rhubarb , is a plant in the family Polygonaceae...
* Echinacea angustifolia ( Narrow-leaved purple coneflower , blacksamson echinacea ) is a herbaceous plant species in Asteraceae . * Rose-purple 2"-3 1/2" daisylike flowers; native to central North America.
Among the Navajo, the plant is used to make blankets. The sap can also be tapped by boring a hole into the middle of the plant at the base of the flowering stem. It is generally yellow or yellow-green with bulbous yellow flowers.
When the plant is bruised, this smell becomes more like fine balsam. * The name "Burning-bush" derives from the volatile oils produced by the plant, which can catch fire readily in hot weather, leading to comparisons with the burning bush of the Bible...
The plant blooms in summer to late autumn in reds, pinks, and whites; leaves, appearing after flowers, are often marked with silvery patches. * The plant is dormant during the summer and grows during the cooler half of the year.
It is obtained from the flowers according to other reports. * Linaria vulgaris ( Common Toadflax , Yellow Toadflax , or Butter-and-eggs ) is a species of toadflax ( Linaria ), native to most of Europe and northern Asia , from the United Kingdom south...
Height: 18-24 inches
Common Name: Butter And Eggs, Common Toadflax, Yellow Toadflax
Blooms in the spring to early summer, but is said not to bloom well in very hot climates. * Nigella damascena ( Love-in-a-mist ) is an annual garden flowering plant , belonging to the buttercup family ( Ranunculaceae ).
* Make sure to water during the hot months to keep it from fading, and pick off dead flowers to keep the plant blooming till the first frosts of fall. * The Sweet Pea has long been a favorite of gardeners because of the wonderful fragrance of the large...
* Cynoglossum amabile is a flowering plant native to Asia , which is also called Chinese hound's tongue , or Chinese forget-me-not . * Annual or biennial; parent is dwarfish, dark blue flowers throughout summer; does well in hot, dry sun.
* It grows to a height of 3 metres and has whorls of striking lipped flowers, that are most commonly orange, but can vary to red, white, and purple. * Leonotis nepetifolia, also known as klip dagga, Christmas candlestick, or lion's ear, is a species of...