Plant on hillsides and forget mowing or plant in a garden where you can see the changing color from a window. Contains over 52,000 seeds including: Evening Primrose, Black-Eyed Susan, Scarlet Flax, Bachelor Button, Chinese Forget-Me-Not, Shasta Daisy,...
It spreads rapidly by root suckers and stolons . * This spring-blooming anemone features cup-shaped, 1.5-2" diameter, fragrant, 5-sepaled, often nodding, white flowers with yellow anthers in the center.
* Grown for its beautiful red flowers in mid summer. * A very ornamental plant. Hybridizes freely with other members of this genus. It grows to about a meter tall (when in flower) and has bright red flowers.
Leaves are glabrous above and hairy below. Coarse, aromatic, triangular, doubly-serrate, long-petioled, basal leaves (to 12" long) with cordate bases. Blooms appear in late summer to early fall on branching-at-the-top stems rising to 4-6' tall.
* A good butterfly and moth plant. * The inflorescence is generally a large, solitary flower head which may exceed 8 centimeters in diameter. * It is a rhizomatous perennial herb growing 30 to 70 centimeters tall with many large serrated leaves around...
* The plant is said to be extremely efficacious when used as a local application in the treatment of sore throats and gonorrhoea. It thrives in full sun in ordinary garden soil. It is also used in treating kidney diseases.
The fruits are used as a tooth cleaner. The seed can take 4 weeks or more to germinate. * Sow seed early spring in a greenhouse. Fragaria virginiana is octoploid, having eight sets of these chromosomes for a total of 56.
They can be used in flower bed arrangements with other spring blooming perennial bulbs for long lasting color and forced in containers indoor as well. Bulb size: 17 cm. Nothing is more fragrant in early spring than Hyacinths; they are easy to plant, require...
Solitary, violet to blue, nodding, bell-shaped flowers with recurved and often twisted sepals and creamy white anthers bloom from May to July, with continued sporadic bloom sometimes occurring throughout the rest of the summer.
The disc flowers are green to yellowish green, while the rays are pale yellow. Note that several other plant species are known as Thimbleweed . * The young stems are cooked and eaten in the spring for 'good health'.
* The leaves are mucilaginous and fairly bland, we use them in bulk in summer salads. They make a very good perennial substitute for lettuce in a salad, producing fresh leaves from spring until the middle of summer, or until the autumn from spring germinating...
* It is a herbaceous perennial plant growing twenty-three to twenty-seven inches (60–70 cm) tall, with biternate, glaucous leaves with obovate lobes. * It was discovered by the Polish botanist Ludwik Mlokosiewicz in 1897, after whom it was named by...
Common Name: Golden Peony, Caucasian Peony, Molly The Witch Peony
* A refreshing tea is made from the fresh or dried leaves, flowers and stems. It can be drunk hot or cold. It was formerly very popular either on its own or added to China tea, having a peculiar delicacy and aroma.
* The plants flower from late spring to late summer, and are pollinated by butterflies and bumble bees. * All parts of these plants are considered toxic to humans, causing severe digestive discomfort if ingested, and also skin irritation.
Plants have fine-cut foliage and produce vibrant flowers with fine papery petals that resemble poppies. Known as Persian Buttercups, Ranunculus asiaticus is a tuberous-rooted plant native to southeastern Europe and Asia Minor.
The dried leaves and flowers are used to scent and add colour to pot-pourri. * Crimson beebalm is extensively grown as an ornamental plant, both within and outside its native range; it is naturalized further west in the United States and also in parts...
The price is $95.00/lb. Testshould be completed by 01/01/04 Asclepias seed for sale around 1000-1500lbs seed being tested for germ and purity. Asclepias tuberosa seed for sale around 1000-1500lbs seed being tested for germ and purity.
* The roots themselves are branched and deep, which helps the plant withstand periods of drought. Australis is an herbaceous perennial that reproduces both sexually and asexually by means of its spreading rhizomes .
Quantity: 0.07 lb
Seeds Per Pound: 31,780
Crop Year: 2017
Common Name: Blue Wild Indigo, Rattleweed, Blue False Indigo, Indigo Weed, Rattlebush, Horse Fly Weed
According to Bowley (l.c. 176) it is disturbing that it is only known to be growing wild in the valley of Kashmir, for, with so limited a location there must be some anxiety that it might disappear in the course of agriculture and other developments.
The leaves are spirally arranged, lanceolate, 5-12 cm long and 2-3 cm broad. It is a perennial plant growing to 0.6-2 m (1 -2 feet) tall, with clustered orange or yellow flowers from early summer to early fall.
The plant has a general stimulatory effect on the immune system and is widely used in modern herbal treatments. * Echinacea is one of the world's most important medicinal herbs. Research shows that it has the ability to raise the body's resistance to...