Cowpeas are great for drying and canning. Tends to stay off the ground and cluster making for easy picking. Try with for maximum Nitrogen fixation. Bush type cowpea producing heavy yields of purple pods.
The long tap roots loosen soils and mine phosphorus and other nutrients from deep in the soil. A fast growing clover that can be sowed in spring, summer or fall! Mammoth Red is a popular biennial clover used for Nitrogen addition and hay crops.
Prune in early spring. * Garden Uses Mass or group in the shrub border or native plant garden. * Easily grown in average, medium, well-drained soil in full sun to part shade. Also useful for stabilizing embankments.
A good nitrogen fixer (70-150 lbs per acre per year). Showy crimson blooms in late spring are an excellent source of nectar for bees. A great way to ready your vegetable garden for the spring or beautify a landscape! Also a great way to attract bees!...
Cool wheat grain is quick to germinate and cold tolerant! Adaptable to a wide range of soils, Winter Wheat is sown in late summer for erosion control and tilled under in early spring to add organic matter.
Cowpeas are great for drying and canning. Hulls are purple, cowpeas are green with pinkeyes when freshly picked turning cream with dark maroon when dry. If using for Nitrogen fixation we highly recommend using a cowpea inoculant.
It is native to the southeastern United States , occurring on the coastal plain from Delaware south to central Florida , and west to southeast Louisiana . * The American Turkey Oak ( Quercus laevis ) is a member of the red oak group of oaks .
Once established, it is extremely drought tolerant and tough. It can be used as a xeriscape lawn grass for water conservation, and it is a common component in range mixtures. Plants are stoloniferous and can invade flower beds if an edging or barrier...
* Cotoneaster horizontalis is a species of Cotoneaster that is a short shrub. The flowers can range from pink to white. * A low-growing, spreading shrub with shiny dark green leaves, reddish purple in fall; pink flowers followed by bright red fruit beginning...
Seeds Per Pound: 9,080
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 36
Germination Test Type: cut
Common Name: Rock Cotoneaster, Rockspray Cotoneaster
As an annual green manure, “Summer” alfalfa can produce up to 10 tons of organic matter per acre. Long taproots break up compacted soil and bring up subsurface minerals. Alfalfa is basically good at everything! Just look at all it's uses below! Alfalfa...
Black Crowder cowpea is a high yielding variety of long pods. The green pods are easy to shell. Try with for maximum Nitrogen fixation. The peas themselves have a deep purple color when first shelled which then turn black when dried.
This cool-season bunchgrass can be found throughout Canada and the U.S. except in the southeastern states. It tends to be short-lived but provides quick stabilization for erosion control seedings, and it makes a good, early successional component of prairie...
* Big bluestem is tolerant of a wide range of soils and moisture. * Big Bluestem is a perennial grass. * Seed germination appears to be dependent on about a 2-week period of moistened seed at a time when soil temperatures have reached 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
The fruit is a white drupe containing two nutlets, each of which contains a seed. * This plant is common in many types of habitat in western North America, and it may dominate some ecosystems, such as sagebrush.
The bark of the trunk is rough, furrowed lightly in older trees to form a block pattern. Young branchlets occasionally have corky wings. * Ulmus minor, the Field Elm, is by far the most polymorphic of the European species, although its taxonomy remains...
Certified organic spray for fruit trees and more! Intended for use during growing season to control common garden pests like aphids, mites, scale, leafhoppers, tent caterpillars, thrips, fungus gnats, grasshoppers, crickets, hornworms, ants and others.
Protection for a wide range of trees and plants. Controls caterpillars, worms, moths, leafrollers, and other common pests on contact. Natural control. Application varies by plant and pest, so follow the label for specific instructions.
The flowers are small, greenish-yellow, with 5–6 sepals and no petals. The fruit is an acorn-shaped ovoid, three-angled capsule 1–2 centimetres (0.39–0.79 in) long, partly enclosed at the base by the sepals.
Common Name: Jojoba, Pignut, Goat Nut, Deer Nut, Wild Hazel, Quinine Nut, Coffeeberry, Grey Box Bush
Contains 210,000 seeds/lb. Broadcast at 25 lbs. Ladino is the most popular white clover in the USA! Ladino clover has a high nutritive value and palatability make it a popular choice in pasture mixtures.
* Paspalum floridanum is a species of grass known by the common name Florida paspalum. The paired spikelets are generally oval in shape and measure a few millimeters long. The inflorescence is a panicle with up to 6 branches.
* This tree species is tolerant of wet soils but grows best on well draining soils near rivers and other water ways. * Compound leaves yellowish when young; found on coastal plain along rivers and swamps; native region from Virginia to Florida and Texas.
Piper Sudan grass is a great catch crop for excess nitrogen. It grows quickly at heights up to 7 feet. Uses: Erosion Control, Green Manure, Nitrogen Scavenger, No Till, Organic Matter (Biomass), Weed Suppression
Over seeds well at higher rates. Can scavenge as much as 200 pounds of nitrogen per acre. A very fast grower that is a great cover crop. Ryegrass (Lolium sp.) Uses: Erosion Control, Green Manure, Nitrogen Scavenger, No Till, Organic Matter (Biomass),...
* Cenchrus ciliaris has become naturalised and often an invasive species in Australia, the southwestern United States, Hawaii, Mexico, Central America, South America, and Macaronesia * In the Sonoran Desert it was introduced for erosion control.
* Its fast rate of growth means that it quickly provides sheltered conditions to allow more permanent woodland trees to become established. In addition, bacteria on the roots fix atmospheric nitrogen - whilst this enables the tree to grow well in quite...
Effective, mineral-based dormant- and growing-season defense for roses, vegetables, small fruits, nut trees, fruit trees, and more. Controls overwintering eggs, larvae, and nymphs of common garden pests (mites, scale, leafhoppers, aphids, psyllids, thrips,...