It appears that it was the progenitor (original) species that served as the ancestor for some of the other pines of Mexico. Apulcensis, and above 2000 m it is easy to find pure and mixed forests of Pinus ayacahuite var.
Collection Locale: La Esperanza, Honduras
Germination Test Type: cut
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 9
Quantity: 2.16 lb
Common Name: Oocarpa Pine, Ocote Chino, Mexican Yellow Pine, Hazelnut Pine
On the Pacific coast of Mexico, throughout Central America and the Caribbean, to the lowlands and foothills of most of South America up to 1,200 metres (3,900 ft) altitude, finding its southern limit at about latitude 28°S in Argentina.
Quantity: 1.43 lb
Germination Test Type: Actual
Common Name: Spanish Cedar, Mexican Cedar, Cigar-box Cedar, West Indian Cedar, Red Cedar, Cedro Hembra, Cedro
It grows at high altitudes in mountain valleys at altitudes of 1800–4300 m (rarely as low as 1200 m), and is a tree from 30–50 m in height. In recent times it has extended its range as competing broadleaf forests are logged (Farjon 1984, Li 1997,...
The cones remain closed for many years until a fire opens them( in excess of 350 degrees F) and allows reseeding. * Keep out of hands of small children * Natural from forest, no chemicals or preservatives applied.
* Thin 8" needles; 4" cones; native to Mexico. * It occurs within a rainfalls regime mostly in summer. It grows between 1300-3250 m. It has been introduced in New Zealand near sea level and has done well.
It grows at altitudes of 1,300-3,600 metres, usually in pure forests, sometimes mixed with the Tien Shan variety of Siberian Fir ( Abies sibirica var. * Schrenk's Spruce ( Picea schrenkiana ) is a spruce native to the Tian Shan mountains of central Asia...
The sharp Jeffrey pine cone scale barbs point inward, so the cone feels smooth to the palm of one's hand when rubbed down the cone. It has gained the Royal Horticultural Society's Award of Garden Merit.
At maturity, it is often 40 metres tall, though the largest specimens can exceed 80 metres tall. * Flooded gum is an attractive, straight-trunked tree much in demand outside Australia for its timber and fibre.
Quantity: 7.76 lb
Common Name: Rose Gum, Grand Eucalyptus, Flooded Gum
* A species of maple native to the hardwood forests of northeastern North America, from Nova Scotia west to southern Ontario, and south to Georgia and Texas. * Better adapted to growing in zones 7-8 than the seeds collected further north.
Its range extends from Mexico south to Peru and Brazil, but it has been widely introduced to South and Southeast Asia, as well as the Pacific Islands, including Hawaii. * During the production of the 1960 film Swiss Family Robinson, a tall albizia saman...
* It is planted as a specimen tree or in mass screenings. Menziesii in the coastal forests of NW North America) and larger by far than the other species in the genus. It is also a popular Christmas tree.
It tends to develop a somewhat flattened and spreading crown with age, hence the specific epithet of tabuliformis. Yous?ng in Mandarin) is a pine native to northern China from Liaoning west to Inner Mongolia and Gansu , and south to Shandong , Henan and...
* The sugar pine is the tallest and largest Pinus species, commonly growing to 40–60 meters (130–195 ft) tall, exceptionally to 82 m (269 ft) tall, with a trunk diameter of 1.5–2.5 m (4 ft 11 in–8 ft 2 in), exceptionally 3.5 m (11 ft 6 in).
* It is in flower in April, and the seeds ripen in October. Conservation Plant Characteristics Acer macrophyllum Pursh bigleaf maple ACMA3 Summary Duration Perennial Growth Habit Tree Native Status L48 (N), CAN (N) Federal T/E Status National Wetland...
* The germinating seed produces an underground 'earth nut' which has a coconut-like flavour. * Produces fruit that look like pineapples when mature. * Starchy and delicious, it has the texture of a waxy boiled potato with the flavour of chestnuts.
* The fruit is readily eaten by birds. * It is a moderately long-lived tree, with ages of up to 258 years known. * Native Americans prepared decoctions of the inner bark for cough medicines and tea-like cold remedies.
* Plants are very shade tolerant but growth is slower in dense shade. They are recommended to be grown only in temperate regions of the world. * The wood lacks a distinctive odor and so does not impart a flavor to items stored in it.
It is fast-growing, but not very long-lived by pine standards (to 200 years), and prefers humid climates and moist soil. * Pinus elliottii , commonly known as the Slash Pine , is a pine native to the southeastern United States , from southern South Carolina...
The first of these three numbers refers to Nitrogen, which is the primary element necessary for good, balanced growth within the Satsuma Tangerine Tree. Citrus will look fuller with occasional pruning to shape leggy branches, and can be shaped as desired.