It is typically found in altitudes of 100 to 1500 meters. The species is endemic to the Korean Peninsula and the north of China. It is hardy to zone 5. * Celtis koraiensis, commonly known as the Korean hackberry is a deciduous tree in the Celtis genus.
* Dipteronia sinensis is a plant species in the genus Dipteronia , endemic to mainland China , and regarded in the soapberry family Sapindaceae sensu lato after Angiosperm Phylogeny Group ( APG I 1998, APG II 2003) and more recently (Harrington et al.
In forests or among bushes on mountain slope, ravines by streams and woodland slopes at elevations of 800 - 1400 metres. * Dalbergia hupeana is a TREE growing to 15 m (49ft 3in). It is used to make oil presses, spokes, tool handles etc.
* "One of the most graceful and beautiful spruces", says Dirr, who says it might be a good evergreen street tree and is excellent for the U.S. Northeast. It was originally discovered near the village of Zaovine on the Tara Mountain in 1875, and named...
* Closely resembles O. * Ostrya japonica (Japanese Hop-hornbeam) is a species of tree in the Betulaceae family growing to 25 m tall. It is native to Japan , Korea and China . Virginiana except in a few minor details.
* Used to make the strong, springy curved "enju wood" handle used on the traditional Japanese woodworking adze, called the chouna. * This species is commonly used in Chinese medicine and is considered to be one of the 50 fundamental herbs.
* The London Plane is a large deciduous tree growing to 20–35 m (exceptionally over 40 m) tall, with a trunk up to 3 m or more in circumference. The original cross may have occurred as early as the 1640s, after which this tree became widely planted...
It is a trifoliate maple, related to such other species as Threeflower Maple (Acer triflorum) and Paperbark Maple (Acer griseum) but has dark gray to blackish bark dissimilar to the exfoliating bark of either.
The leaves are obovate and have serrated margins. It grows single pink flowers on 1 inch pedicels, which result in purple-black fruit in summer. * Prunus sargentii is a deciduous tree that grows 20–40 feet in height.
It tends to develop a somewhat flattened and spreading crown with age, hence the specific epithet of tabuliformis. Oval, brown cones to 3.5” long. * Chinese pine is a conical tree that will grow to 50-70' tall in its native habitat, but is usually seen...
It tolerates low temperatures and heavy winds. It is relatively easy to work and of medium weight. * Lophozonia alpina, also called rauli or rauli beech (in Mapuche language) is a species of plant in the Fagaceae family.
* Prunus maackii (syn. (ban ye chou li), is a species of cherry native to Korea and both banks of the Amur River , in Manchuria in northeastern China , and Amur Oblast and Primorye in southeastern Russia .
* The plant is medium-sized understory tree 15-20 m tall, distinguished from other magnolias by the large leaf size, 25-80 cm long and 11-30 cm broad. Many of the tree's branches bend under the weight of the large foliage.
This maple needs full sun but should be given partial shade in the summer. The trunk thickens fast and develops some rust colored peeling appearance. * It is a small to medium-sized deciduous tree reaching a height of 5-20 m with a trunk up to 50 cm diameter.
* An unusual tree in that it has a high content of latex in the leaves and stems. It is near threatened in the wild, but is widely cultivated in China for its bark , highly valued in herbology such as Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM).
Botanical Name: EUCOMMIA ulmoides
Quantity: 23.73 lb
Common Name: Hardy Rubber Tree, Gutta-percha, Du Zhong
Sinensis has been known to achieve a maximum height of 20 m (66 ft) tall by 7 m (23 ft) broad but it generally does not achieve these proportions in cultivation, where competition for sunlight is less of a concern.
* Compound leaves, dark yellow green, yellow in fall; greenish flowers in clusters; black fruit; the sexes occur on different trees; Wyman notes that it is as good an ornamental as the other species; native to central and western China.
* The Canary Island Pine ( Pinus canariensis ) is a species in the genus Pinus , family Pinaceae , native and endemic to the outer Canary Islands ( Gran Canaria , Tenerife , Hierro and La Palma ) in the Atlantic Ocean .