* Liriodendron chinense , the Chinese tulip tree , is Asia's native species in the Liriodendron genus. * It is not as hardy as the American species, but is cultivated in England (where there are many at Kew Gardens Ireland , Belgium , the Netherlands...
The Green Giant Thuja is a large and dense, pyramidal-shaped evergreen. The foliage is rich green in the summer and darkens or bronzes slightly in the winter. The Green Giant is fast-growing and reaches a height of 50 ft.
✓ This large evergreen may grow up to 60 ft. tall and 20 ft. wide
✓ Leaves are a vivid green in summer, darker and bronze in winter
✓ Lush tree for your yard, great for commercial courtyards too
* Our Pennsylvania source is well know as the best for producing Timber for furniture production. * The fruit of Prunus serotina is suitable for making jam and cherry pies, and has some use in flavoring liqueurs.
You can just plant this tree on a weekend and enjoy it for the rest of your life. Everyone wants a piece of nostalgia. The bark of the American Elm is captivating with a bouquet of shapes that meet together in a jigsaw-like fashion.
* It is one of the most common oaks in the southern part of the eastern prairies , such as in the Cross Timbers . * Quercus stellata ( Post oak ) is an oak in the white oak group. It is a small tree , typically 10–15 m tall and 30–60 cm trunk diameter,...
The acorn stalks are thick and pubescent, up to 2 cm long. * The Quercus pubescens acorns are light brown to yellow, 8–20 mm long, usually thin and pointed. The acorns usually occur in groups of 2-5 on the same stalk.
* Typically used for timber, landscaping and maple syrup production. * Can be distinguished by its three-lobed leaves. * Very Similar to Sugar Maple. * Native to the Midwestern United States, portions of the Eastern United States, and the southeast of...
Very adaptable trees hold up to urban pollution. Excellent street tree grows 60-80 feet tall and is fast growing. Red Oak is named after it's fabulous fall leaf color. The mighty oak stands as a favorite in American folklore.
- Colorful, unique foliage - Pest and drought resistant An unusual ornamental tree famous for its interesting shape and vibrant foliage! The Ginkgo tree is sure to make your landscape stand out! You'll be fascinated by its tall, rounded form and delicately...
Plant yours and start looking forward to the change of seasons. You come home that evening and your whole tree is smothered in thousands of blooms. The perfect tree for wildlife lovers! The Tulip Poplar is highly resistant to disease and insects , making...
* Oglethorpe oak is a medium to large deciduous tree with light gray scaly bark that resembles the bark of white oak (Quercus alba) or post oak (Quercus stellata) * Oglethorpe oak inhabits poorly drained alluvial sites with other bottomland hardwoods.
Create a stunning line of trees to charm your guests. Spring brings undeniably appealing features too. The Amur Flame Maple is so adaptable; it's easily pruned and trained to be whatever size you want.
* Native to woodlands in central China, dove tree is a deciduous tree that typically grows 20-40' tall with a broad pyramidal habit. * The genus Davidia is named for Father Armand David (1826–1900), ("Pere David"), a French Vincentian missionary and...
Crop Year: 2014
Botanical Name: DAVIDIA involucrata
Common Name: Dove Tree, Ghost Tree, Laundry Tree, Handkerchief Tree
Full sun, partial shade-even poor soil quality won't faze the growth of the adaptable Corkscrew Willow. The great news is it will top out at a nice height of about 30 feet. As autumn approaches, the Corkscrew Willow's leaves morph to a brilliant yellow...
A graceful evergreen tree with an upright pyramidal habit. Grow in full sun on moist well drained soil. Foliage is soft bluish green. A handsome evergreen tree that makes a nice specimen, group planting or Christmas tree.
✓ Healthy 2-year old plants are 10 to 16 in. tall
✓ No shearing or pruning maintenance required, easy to grow
They quickly become established and can add thousands to a home's value. Typically forming into a thick green wall by the end of the first full growing season. New home builders love to use our Poplars as front yard shade trees.
The American Sycamore is very popular for residential landscaping because of its fast growth (up to 6 ft. You can count on your American Sycamore to quickly grow into a symmetrical shade tree or ornamental tree.
It is hardy to about 5° (Zones 7-10). With enough room to grow, however, Live Oaks give one's yard a sense of establishment and history. Live Oaks can survive for centuries and planting one is a small task that can leave a large gift for future generations.
✓ Fast growing to great heights
✓ Will survive for generations to come
Recommended Space Between Plantings (in.): 25-40 ft.
Order Now Very popular because it's so easy to add color and interest to a garden or landscape with one plant. Plant it by a pond or water feature, or simply put one by a seating bench so you can sit by it and take in its showy beauty.
This tough tree is untroubled by diseases, drought or pollution! Strong and adaptable, it makes a stately, carefree shade tree in your yard, lining a long drive or along a street. This fills in a period when food is scarce, so squirrels, red-headed woodpeckers,...
* American Basswood, the northernmost basswood species, is a handsome shade and street tree. The twigs are smooth, reddish-green, becoming light gray in their second year, finally dark brown or brownish gray, marked with dark wart-like excrescences.
As a perfect companion tree to pines or oaks or as the showpiece in a smaller yard, this tree can fit into any space. Named after the unique characteristics of its bark, the Lacebark presents mesmerizing bark patterns and colors throughout the year.
* Juglans regia is a large deciduous tree attaining heights of 25–35 m, and a trunk up to 2 m diameter, commonly with a short trunk and broad crown, though taller and narrower in dense forest competition.
* Douglas fir seeds are an extremely important food for small mammals. It is also a popular Christmas tree. * The Douglas fir's useful wood and its quick growth make it the crop of choice for many timber companies, which typically replant a clear-cut...