* Compound leaves, dark yellow green, yellow in fall; greenish flowers in clusters; black fruit; the sexes occur on different trees; Wyman notes that it is as good an ornamental as the other species; native to central and western China.
* Chinese maackia is a small, rounded, shrubby, deciduous tree that typically grows in cultivation to 20-30' tall. This tree is very similar to M. * This tree is most closely related to the slightly larger yellowwood (see Cladrastis).
Tall with a 4 ft. Variegated green and yellow leaves deepen to red in the fall, and in the winter, its bright yellow stems add a pop of color to the landscape. Yellow Twig Dogwood is a beautiful, showy flowering shrub that grows quickly with multiple...
Wildlife Deterred: Deer
Sun Tolerance: Full Sun
Best Time to Plant: Fall to Spring
Hardiness Zone: 3 (-40 to -30 F),4 (-30 to -20 F),5 (-20 to -10 F),6 (-10 to 0 F),7 (0 to 10 F)
Vivid yellow blooms bring butterflies and pollinators to the area: Yes
Foliage is soft bluish green. Non-coastal strain to insure hardiness. A graceful evergreen tree with an upright pyramidal habit. Grow in full sun on moist well drained soil. A handsome evergreen tree that makes a nice specimen, group planting or Christmas...
✓ Container grown plants provide virtually no transplant shock compared to bare root plants
✓ Provides beautiful winter color interest when deciduous trees are bare
Hardiness Zone: 4 (-30 to -20 F),5 (-20 to -10 F),6 (-10 to 0 F)
And the Sky Tower Ginkgo gives you all of these benefits in a compact and dense tree that only grows to 15-20 ft. The fan-shaped leaves grow in a tight formation around this conical tree… with a stunning deep green in the spring and an outstanding fall...
* Pterocarya rhoifolia is a species of tree in the Juglandaceae family that grows in moist areas along riverbanks and mountain streams in Laoshan District , China . * Compound dark green leaves to 1'; fruit in racemes to 1' long; wood used in Japan to...
If you are a beginner at growing plants Chinese Pistache Tree is very easy to grow however it may be helpful to know that a very small plant which is planted in the ground will take about 1/8 – 1/4 cup of fertilizer.
* It is threatened by habitat loss. The IUCN considers Arkansas oak rare in Arkansas, endangered in Florida, and vulnerable in Alabama, Georgia, and Louisiana. * Medium sized tree with a narrow crown, growing to 95 feet (28.9 m).
The molting feature of the bark, with its distinct colors make this tree the perfect specimen for your wintery landscape. From its adaptability to every landscape to its ornamental features, this tree has it all.
If you have severe ice storms, this is the tree for you. It is easy to understand why the 'Heritage' River Birch is such a popular tree. Made so popular in many states because it is adaptable to almost all growing zones across the country.
An improved cultivar over all other Red Maple Trees ... Showy red fruit attracts birds. Always popular - order your trees soon because supplies are limited! October Glories will even grow in warmer climates - areas not typically suited for trees that...
* The plant is medium-sized understory tree 15-20 m tall, distinguished from other magnolias by the large leaf size, 25-80 cm long and 11-30 cm broad. Many of the tree's branches bend under the weight of the large foliage.
Regular maple trees can only give you brilliant color in fall, while the Crimson King shows off its beautiful purple leaves all summer long. They keep their purple foliage from spring until fall! Matures to a height of 40-50 ft., the perfect height for...
Adding compost or topsoil will help the young feeder roots of Heritage River Birch to spread through the loose, nutrient rich soil, much easier than if you used solely the existing soil which more times than not will be hard and compacted.
No Limits on Location The Newport Flowering Plum looks amazing when planted as a centerpiece in a garden or flower bed, but this tree requires no accompanying plants, bushes or shrubs to make a statement.