* The Corkbark Fir Abies lasiocarpa var. Arizonica: Has thickened, 'corky' bark that is white to grey and deeply furrowed, and has very glaucous foliage. * It differs from the species in having thicker, corky bark and more strongly glaucous foliage.
* Cork harvesting is done entirely without machinery, being dependent solely on human labor. Over time the cork cambium layer of bark can develop considerable thickness and can be harvested every 9 to 12 years to produce cork.
Excellent street tree grows 60-80 feet tall and is fast growing. The mighty oak stands as a favorite in American folklore. Red Oak is named after it's fabulous fall leaf color. Produces 3/4'' to 1'' acorns.
* The Subalpine Fir or Rocky Mountain Fir ( Abies lasiocarpa ) is a western North American fir , native to the mountains of Yukon , British Columbia and western Alberta in Canada Conservation Plant Characteristics Abies lasiocarpa (Hook.) Nutt.
* Taiwania (Taiwania cryptomerioides) is a large coniferous tree in the cypress family Cupressaceae, formerly listed in the segregate family Taxodiaceae. * It is endangered by illegal logging for its valuable wood in many areas.
Common Name: Chinese Coffin Tree, Coffin Tree, Taiwania
Contorta and Pinus contorta subsp. * Pinus contorta is cultivated as an ornamental tree by the horticulture industry. Contorta) smaller varieties and cultivars are also used in container gardening, including as large bonsai specimens .
The leaves are arranged alternately and emit a spicy smell when crushed. It has evergreen leaves that are about 3 to 6 inches long with a lance shape. It is one of about 150 species in the evergreen tree genus Persea.
Common Name: Red Bay, Sweet Bay, Swamp Bay, Laurel Tree, Tisswood, Florida Mahogany
Have you ever ridden on a freeway in Dallas or Los Angeles? Order a few of these truly ‘tough as nails' but beautiful Oleanders today and see for yourself! * Profuse summer flowers * Rich evergreen foliage * Super-duper hardy * No fussing required
Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Sun
Foliage Color: Green
Moisture: Water carefully to establish and then let dry between waterings.
Cypress Dwarf-Here's why you'll be proud to be an owner of a Hinoki Dwarf evergreen with a unique look Great choice for front doors, in borders, beds and rock gardens Slow, upright growth makes it perfect for compromised planting locations Thrives in...
Disease-free and low-maintenance. The Virginia Arborvitae does it all. From climates with temperamental winters to hot, humid summers and every clime in-between, the Virginia Arborvitae is highly adaptable but thrives in growing zones 5-9.
Cedar Deodar makes a stunning focal point when three to five trees are clustered in a large, open area. Place your order now and we'll ship it out the next business day. Graceful and Majestic Elegant branches sweep toward the ground and then up.
As long as there's good drainage and 6 to 8 hours of direct sunlight each day, this tree will flourish to 40 feet or taller ! Due to its hardy nature, the Meyer Spruce is the preferred “blue spruce” for those living in humid climates where disease...
, Japan , where it grows at 1500-2000 m altitude. * Wyman calls this "a fine, narrow tree"; 1/2" needles, light green; cones to 4"; conical in outline, with ascending branches, lacking the tiered quality of some spruces; native to Japan.
* Thinleaf Pine ( Pinus maximinoi ) is a species of conifer in the Pinaceae family. Branches horizontal, often whorled, developing into an open pyramidal and, at maturity, a thick, rounded open crown, with typical crown depth about 50% of tree height.
* It is a popular ornamental tree found far beyond its native range. * It is also grown for the cut Christmas tree industry. * This species has a deeply penetrating root system that firmly anchors the tree against winds.
Height: 75-90 feet
Common Name: Blue Spruce
Botanical Name: Picea pungens glauca CO San Isabel
Here's why : Wonderful globe-shaped Evergreen Convenient dwarf size Hardy and adaptable shrub Excellent for use in containers, rock gardens and general garden use The Well Rounded Evergreen The Hetz Midget Thuja takes evergreens to a whole new dimension.
* Fir native to the western Himalaya and adjacent mountains, from northeast Afghanistan east through northern Pakistan and India to central Nepal. * It grows at altitudes of 2,400-3,700 m in forests together with Deodar Cedar, Blue Pine and Morinda Spruce,...
One of the hardiest trees we sell! You will love the golden splendour of Quaking Aspens in fall. One of nature's finest yellow leaves in autumn. 2-3' dormant bareroot trees. Fast grower eventually reaches 40-50 feet tall and 20-30 feet wide.
The Moonglow Juniper is as enchanting as its name. · Totally adaptable - dense growth habit and easily trained branches make it an excellent protective barrier. With just a little attention to the health of the branches, your Moonglow will grow pest-free,...
Virginiana var. Unlike Coastal live oak, acorns are spindle-shaped (fusiform), narrowed at the base. * Leaves are evergreen, firm textured, ovate to elliptic, 1 to 3 inches long; usually without lobes except on young plants and rootsprouts, then with...
However, avoid pruning a tree in late summer or fall, since pruning stimulates new growth, which is tender and easily damaged by dropping temperatures in fall and winter. Loosely tie the Japanese Black Pine with several twist ties to allow for growth.
* It is the state tree of Idaho, and is sometimes known as the Idaho pine. * It is related to the Eastern white pine (Pinus strobus), differing from it in having larger cones, slightly longer-lasting leaves (2–3 years, rather than 1.5–2 years) with...
Oocarpa was introduced for commercial production of wood for the paper industry: in Ecuador, Kenya, Zambia, Colombia, Bolivia, Queensland (Australia), Brazil and South Africa. Ayacahuite (Fernando Tobar email 2008.11.12).