* It is often found along waterways and in wetlands, leading to the colloquial name "water maple". * A deciduous Tree growing to 30 m (98ft) by 15 m (49ft) at a fast rate. * The seeds are the largest of any native maple and are also a food source for...
Common Name: Silver Maple, Soft Maple, Water Maple
* In Italy the young shoots are eaten, usually boiled briefly in herb infused water, and then cooked with eggs and cheese. * Aruncus, from the Greek aryngos (goat's beard), refers to the showy, finger-like flower clusters, which form feathery masses of...
Landes forest in southwest France is the largest man-made maritime pine forest in Europe. * Maritime pine is closely related to Turkish pine, Canary Island pine and Aleppo pine, which all share many features with it.
The leaves are thick and stiff-textured, broad, palmately lobed, superficially maple-like, the leaf blade 10–20 cm long and 12–25 cm broad, with a petiole 3–10 cm long. City planting spread to America where this hybrid today is common in such distant...
* Maritime pine is closely related to Turkish pine, Canary Island pine and Aleppo pine, which all share many features with it. Landes forest in southwest France is the largest man-made maritime pine forest in Europe.
* Shrub with upright stems; narrow bamboolike leaves, shiny bright green; small whitish flowers; a roughish plant, but extremely tough and vigorous; useful for highways and urban sites; native to China.
Noxious weed in California. This is a very interesting conceptIt is native to California Increases in height of between 1 and 2.5 metres per year have been recorded even in exposed positions, it makes an excellent shelterbelt tree.
Germination Test Type: cut
Seeds Per Pound: 13,799
Common Name: Monterey Pine, Insignis Pine, Radiata Pine
* Tolerates maritime exposure. * A very easily grown plant, succeeding in any ordinary garden soil in sun or partial shade. * A strong fibre is obtained from the stems, it is used for making string, bags, paper etc.
The plant sap and leaves are reputed to be toxic, and decaying leaves from the plant are toxic to other species of plant . The specific epithets sebifera and sebiferum mean "wax-bearing" and refer to the vegetable tallow that coats the seeds.
It is very adaptable to soils and displays excellent salt tolerance. The juiceof the pods is antiseptic. There will be a few seedlings that develop thorns, but not many. Seedpods - the pulp is sweet and can be eaten raw or made into sugar.
* The pods have been made into a tea for the treatment of indigestion, measles, catarrh etc. Seedpods - the pulp is sweet and can be eaten raw or made into sugar. * Honey locusts can reach a height of 20–30 m (66–100 ft), with fast growth, and are...
* The wood, durable, easy to saw, yet resistant to termites, is widely used in Australia for strong durable construction, interior finish, flooring, etc. * The common name is based on the red bark of younger growth.
* Foliage dark green in summer, orange or orange red in fall. * In the low-elevation deserts of Arizona, it is the only tree whose leaves turn scarlet in fall. * Used as a street and shade tree in Florida.
* This deciduous tree has bark that is white and does not exfoliate (peel off). * The parent is a vigorous cultivar said to be more resistant to birch borers and tolerant to heat. * The glossy green foliage turns yellow in the fall.
Crop Year: 2016
Height: 30-40 feet
Botanical Name: Betula platyphylla Japonica White Spire clean seed
* Quercus acutissima lives in deciduous forests at altitudes of up to 2,200 metres (7,200 ft) in South Asia and South East Asia. * Most planting in North America was carried out for wildlife food provision, as the species tends to bear heavier crops of...
* Once an important hardwood timber tree, the American chestnut is highly susceptible to chestnut blight, caused by an Asian bark fungus. * The American Chestnut is a prolific bearer of nuts , usually with three nuts enclosed in each spiny green burr.
* Clematis paniculata (In M?ori: Puawhananga) is one of seven species of clematis that is native to New Zealand. * This vining plant is fast growing and has very fragrant flowers. The fragrance of the flowers is the main reason that people grow the plant.
* 3" yellow-orange flowers in midsummer; native to southern U.S. * Coreopsis grandiflora is a perennial plant species of the tickseed genus, Coreopsis, in Asteraceae. The common name is large-flowered tickseed.
* Usually the common hackberry forms a medium sized tree, thirty to fifty feet in height, with a slender trunk; however, it can rise to the height of one hundred and thirty feet, in the best conditions in the southern Mississippi valley area.
* Poa pratensis forms a valuable pasture plant, characteristic of well-drained, fertile soil. The broad, blunt leaves tend to spread at the base, forming close mats. Poa pratensis is a herbaceous perennial plant 30–70 centimetres (12–28 in) tall.
The stiff-stemmed, upright growth is highly rated for wildlife nesting, brood rearing and winter cover habitat. * Cave-in-Rock switchgrass has valuable adaptations that can be used for range and pasture land, wind barriers, biofuel, and protection for...
* Prefers a sunny position in a rich strong loam with abundant moisture at the roots. Stenoptera is quite similar to P. The wings lie in two different planes.The fruits develop in the summer on 2.5 dm long catkins, hanging from the distinctly differently...