* Eucommia ( Eucommia ulmoides ) is a small tree native to China . It is native to central China where its bark is used in a tonic. The shiny dark green leaves are shaped like elm leaves; reported to be tolerant of urban conditions and easy to transplant.
It is used for making tools. * This species is closely related to C. * The fruit is a source of oil. * The tree itself is planted as a street tree. The wood is hard. * An easily grown plant, it succeeds in any soil of good or moderate fertility, ranging...
* It needs acid soil and doesn't mind wet or shade. * The leaves or bark have been placed in cupped hands over the nose and inhaled as a mild hallucinogen. * Dirr describes this as a really beautiful plant.
* It was the first magnolia to be scientifically described, and is the type species of the genus Magnolia ; as Magnolia is also the type genus of all flowering plants , this species can be seen to typify all flowering plants.
In literature, it is closely associated with the Mullai (forest) region of Sangam landscape * It is the national tree of Thailand, and its flower is Thailand's national flower. * The golden shower tree is a medium-sized tree, growing to 10–20 m (33–66...
* Paulownia fortunei is a fast-growing tree that is grown commercially for the production of hardwood timber. * The wood is also important in China, Korea, and Japan for making the soundboards of stringed musical instruments such as the guqin, pipa, koto,...
Seeds Per Pound: 1,522,600
Quantity: 5.58 lb
Germination Test Type: estimate
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 189
Common Name: Dragon Tree, Fortunes Empress Tree, Sapphire Tree, Phoenix Tree
* Some proponents claim that P. Leaves are very large and pubescent. * Paulownia elongata is a species of plant in the Paulowniaceae family. Elongata plantations can reach a harvestable size in five to seven years.
* Paulownia is extremely fast growing; up to 20 feet in one year when young. * Recently, Paulownia has received a great deal of interest for its environmental properties and has been put forward as a potential solution to the global deforestation problem...
* Native to China, common pearlbush is a loose, upright, early-blooming, deciduous shrub with a broad rounded shape. * Although floriferous and attractive in early spring, it basically plods though the rest of the growing season as a somewhat nondescript...
Height: 10-15 feet
Collection Locale: China
Crop Year: 1996
Common Name: Pearl Bush, Common Pearlbrush, Pearlbush
In habit it perhaps most resembles the native hazelnut (Corylus avellana). * Distinguishing bearded maple from other similar species is quite easy if you look at the undersides of the leaves, where you'll see a sparse hairiness along the veins throughout...
* A coniferous evergreen tree native to the taiga east of the Volga River and south of 67°40' North latitude through Turkestan, northeast Xinjiang, Mongolia and Heilongjiang. It is used in construction, furniture, and wood pulp.
* A small tree but often a shrub of a few spreading stems. * Ptelea trifoliata is the second-northernmost New World representative of the Rue (Citrus) family after American prickly-ash (Zanthoxylum americanum).
* Species of buckeye endemic to California , and the only buckeye native to the state. * It is in flower from Jul to August, and the seeds ripen in September. * Large shrub or small tree; silvery bark; dark green leaves; flowers fragrant, white to light...
* Jacaranda mimosifolia is a sub-tropical tree native to South America that has been widely planted elsewhere because of its beautiful and long-lasting blue flowers. * Water extract of Jacaranda mimosifolia shows higher antimicrobial action against Bacillus...
Collection Locale: India
Crop Year: 2016
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 96
Germination Test Type: cut
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 9
Common Name: Black Poui, Jacaranda, Blue Jacaranda, Green Ebony Tree, The Fern Tree
Prinophyllum) are also found within the range of this species. * Pinxterbloom azalea is a deciduous shrub that is native to moist woods, swamp margins and open areas from Massachusetts to South Carolina and Tennessee.
* It is used in the treatment of malaria and rheumatism. * Creamy white flowers as much as a foot wide, wonderfully fragrant, in May, June or July. * This is perhaps the most strongly scented flower in the world! * Exceptionally large trees recorded include...
* Grown for its masses of glorious, delicate, white, slightly fragrant flowers in May; of open, spreading habit; native to the southeastern United States but hardy nearly everywhere; dark green leaf sometimes a golden yellow in fall.
* Native to India , Myanmar , Bangladesh , Sri Lanka , Malaysia and Pakistan , growing in tropical and semi-tropical regions. * In East Africa it is also known as Muarubaini ( Swahili ), which means the tree of the 40 , as it is said to treat 40 different...
Botanical Name: AZADIRACHTA indica
Quantity: 20.6 lb
Crop Year: 2018
Common Name: Neem, Village Pharmacy, Nature's Drugstore, Heal All, Divine Tree
An upright, rounded shrub which typically grows 4-8' tall (less frequently to 15' tall) and as wide. * This deciduous azalea (commonly called early azalea or roseshell azalea) is a Missouri native shrub which typically occurs on wooded, north-facing slopes...
* In Neotropical gardens and parks, their nectar is popular with many hummingbirds, such as the black-throated mango (Anthracothorax nigricollis), the black jacobin (Florisuga fusca), or the gilded hummingbird(Hylocharis chrysura).
* The Canary Island Pine ( Pinus canariensis ) is a species in the genus Pinus , family Pinaceae , native and endemic to the outer Canary Islands ( Gran Canaria , Tenerife , Hierro and La Palma ) in the Atlantic Ocean .
* Picea omorika ( Serbian Spruce ) is a rare, local spruce , endemic to the Drina River valley in western Serbia and eastern Bosnia and Herzegovina near Visegrad , with a total range of only about 60 ha , between 800–1,600 m altitude.
* A decidious Shrub growing to 5 m. * Fine plant for naturalizing in moist soils and where there is some shade. * It is in flower in June, and the seeds ripen in September. * When grouped or massed in light shade provided by pines the effect can be spectacular.