* 'Silky Camellia' has been cultivated in the US since 1752. * Silky camellia is a large, open-branched shrub growing up to 10 feet tall. * It has gained the Royal Horticultural Society's Award of Garden Merit.
* Native to the southern and eastern parts of the United States , found from Illinois to Virginia in the north and from Texas to Florida in the south. * Fine plant for naturalizing in moist soils and where there is some shade.
It is frequently planted as an ornamental tree in parks, or as a shade tree or a lawn tree. It has been introduced in the US (New England). Cordata; varies a good deal, and several cultivars are grown; often used in Europe, where it is native, but not...
* The tree's vivid red/vermilion/orange/yellow flowers and bright green foliage make it an exceptionally striking sight. * The Royal Poinciana is endemic to Madagascar , where it is found in the Madagascar dry deciduous forests .
Over much of its range, giant chinkapin shows several growth forms; it grows in a wide variety of habitats but is rarely a dominant component of any stand. Giant chinkapin (Castanopsis chrysophylla), also called golden chinkapin, giant evergreen-chinkapin,...
* Lilium distichum is a herbaceous plant of the lily family which is native to northeastern China and Korea where it flourishes among shrubs and in forests. (50–120cm) tall. * The flowers are yellow–orange or orange–vermillion with the petals spotted...
* This plant has gained the Royal Horticultural Society's Award of Garden Merit. * It is grown as an ornamental plant in gardens, where its August flowering attracts butterflies. * Plants can be used as a tall ground cover for large areas of land.
Synonymous with and formerly known as R. Oblong to elliptic green leaves. It is relatively tolerant of dry sites and can be transplanted into wild shrub gardens. Prinophyllum) are also found within the range of this species.
* A fast-growing tree with an extensive root system, it has been planted on land that is subject to landslips or erosion in order to stabilize the soil. The tree is fairly free from fungal diseases and has few insect enemies.
* American Beautyberry ( Callicarpa americana ) is an open-habit, native shrub of the Southern United States which is often grown as an ornamental in gardens and yards . * American beautyberries produce large clusters of purple berries, which birds and...
* Paulownia fortunei is a fast-growing tree that is grown commercially for the production of hardwood timber. * It is popular in its native China for reforestation, roadside planting and as an ornamental tree.
* In the wild, eastern redbud is a frequent native understory tree in mixed forests and hedgerows. It is also much planted as a landscape ornamental plant. Prefers a deep sandy loam and a very sunny position.
* It is a medium-sized understory tree 15-20 m tall, distinguished from other magnolias by the large leaf size, 25-80 cm long and 11-30 cm broad. * This species boasts the largest simple leaf and single flower of any native plant in North America.
* It is in flower from May to June, and the seeds ripen in September. * A decidious Tree growing to 9 m. * Native to central and southeastern Europe and southwestern Asia , from Austria east to southwestern Russia and the Caucasus , and south to Turkey.
Height: 15-40 feet
Germination Test Type: cut
Common Name: Tatarian Maple, Tatar Maple, Tartar Maple
* Ficus religiosa is used in traditional medicine for about 50 types of disorders including asthma, diabetes, diarrhea, epilepsy, gastric problems, inflammatory disorders, infectious and sexual disorders.
Under optimal conditions it can grow 3' or more per year! Intense, long lasting orange-red fall color. Grows 50' tall and 40' wide. 1 1/2 - 2' trees. This hybrid combines the best features of both parents: the vigor and adaptability of the Silver Maple...
* It is grown as an ornamental plant in gardens, where its August flowering attracts butterflies. * Plants can be used as a tall ground cover for large areas of land. * This beautiful large flowering shrub deserves much wider use in the landscape.
* The Subalpine Fir or Rocky Mountain Fir ( Abies lasiocarpa ) is a western North American fir , native to the mountains of Yukon , British Columbia and western Alberta in Canada Conservation Plant Characteristics Abies lasiocarpa (Hook.) Nutt.
Their lower limbs often sweep down towards the ground before curving up again. * Depending on the growing conditions, live oaks vary from the shrubby to large and spreading: typical open-grown trees reach 15 meters (50 feet) in height, but may span nearly...
* The leaves are used as a condiment in gravies etc. * It was the first magnolia to be scientifically described, and is the type species of the genus Magnolia ; as Magnolia is also the type genus of all flowering plants , this species can be seen to typify...
* Sourwood or sorrel tree (Oxydendrum arboreum, /??ks??d?ndr?m ?r?b??ri?m/) is the sole species in the genus Oxydendrum, in the family Ericaceae. The tree is frequently seen as a component of oak-heath forests.
Common Name: Sourwood, Lily Of The Valley Tree, Sorrel Tree
* Ulmus minor, the Field Elm, is by far the most polymorphic of the European species, although its taxonomy remains a matter of contention. Its natural range is predominantly south European, extending to Asia Minor.
* It can grow in very alkaline soils, but not in the shade. * A small ash native to China with 1 1/2" leaflets on compound leaves and 1" seeds. The bark also contains fraxetin.This has an inhibitory effect on the central nervous system, is a stronger...
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 33
Common Name: Bunge's Ash, Xiao Ye Qin, Hardy Chinese Ash, Beakleaf Chinese Ash
Succeeds in full sun or light shade. A very ornamental tree. Native to Himalayas, east Asia, Japan. Grows well in heavy clay soils. * An easily grown plant, it succeeds in any soil of good or moderate fertility, ranging from acid to shallow chalk.