Scattered stands of the trees have been cut down for firewood . The trees grow on saline soils that do not allow for other trees. This bushy tree apparently grows without the benefit of rainfall, and obtains some water from dew .
The seed cones are globose to oblong, 15-33 mm long, with 6 or 8 (rarely 4 or 10) scales, green at first, maturing gray or gray-brown about 20–24 months after pollination. The leaves are scale-like, 2-5 mm long, and produced on rounded (not flattened)...
Individual flowers are short-lived, lasting only a day. * Hibiscus syriacus is the national flower of South Korea. Common names include Rose of Sharon (especially in North America), rose mallow (United Kingdom) and St Joseph's rod (Italy).
* This is an excellent plant to use for cut flowers and dried flowers. * It is very cold hardy, coming from Siberia, and will also tolerate drought and saline conditions. They keep their blue color well after drying.
Prune in early spring. Blooms on new growth. Tolerates wide range of soils, including dry rocky or sandy soils. Also tolerates some drought. Can be grown as a hedge. * Easily grown in average, medium, well-drained soil in full sun to part shade.
* Dracaena draco, the Canary Islands dragon tree or drago, is a subtropical tree-like plant in the genus Dracaena, native to the Canary Islands, Cape Verde, Madeira, and locally in western Morocco, and introduced to the Azores.
* Pinus clausa ( Sand Pine , Sandhill Pine ) is a small, often shrubby tree from 5–10 m (16–33 ft), exceptionally to 21 m (69 ft) tall, found in two separate locations, one across central peninsular Florida , and the other in the western Florida panhandle...
Leaves are obovate with bristle at the rounded tip. It typically matures to 15-20' tall and 8-10' wide, but occasionally rises to as much as 35' tall. Quercus myrtifolia is an evergreen tree that can reach 12 meters (40 feet) tall or shrub in drier sites.
* Improved for Timber production. * This improved shortleaf has gone through a complete round of testing, so all of the selections are good for form, straightness wood quality and disease resistance in addition to being faster growth.
The roots contain tannin. They quite probably also apply to this species. The trunk reaches 12–15 m (39–49 ft) in length and 30 cm (12 in) in diameter. The drupes are black when ripe and 12 mm (0.47 in) in diameter.
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 14
Germination Test Type: cut
Quantity: 1.22 lb
Crop Year: 2012
Common Name: Texas Palmetto, Rio Grande Palmetto, Mexican Palmeto
* A majestic sturdy tree when mature, flat topped and wide spreading with a horizontal branching habit; likes dry air and full sun; dark green needles; native to Asia Minor. * The Lebanon Cedar is an evergreen coniferous tree growing up to 40 m (130 ft)...
* Eucalyptus cloeziana, Gympie Messmate, is a small to tall tree with rough bark on most or the whole of the trunk and larger branches. * The tree reaches its best development in the Gympie region, where some magnificent forest trees attain heights near...
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 1968
Quantity: 0.85 lb
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 9
Common Name: Cloeziana Gum, Queensland Messmate, Gympie Messmate, Yellow Messmate, Dead Finish
Ruscus aculeatus occurs in woodlands and hedgerows, where it is tolerant of deep shade, and also on coastal cliffs. Small greenish flowers appear in spring, and are borne singly in the centre of the cladodes.
Height: 2-3 feet
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 7
Collection Locale: Spain
Common Name: Butcher's Broom, Knee Holly, Jew's Myrtle
* Fraxinus velutina ( Velvet Ash or Arizona Ash or Modesto Ash ) is a species of Fraxinus native to southwestern North America , in the United States from southern California east to Texas , and in Mexico from northern Baja California east to Coahuila...
The shoots are orange-brown, with scattered pubescence. * Light blue to light green foliage, 3/4" needles; in habit a broad column, narrowing toward the top; Wyman notes that it is very dense because it holds its foliage for as long as 7 years, and that...
The fruit is a long narrow capsule 5–23 cm (2.0–9.1 in) long, which splits open at maturity to release numerous downy seeds .In the past, scented plants were sometimes treated as the distinct species N.
* Pinus brutia, the Turkish pine, is a pine native to the eastern Mediterranean region. The bulk of its range is in Turkey, but it also extends to the East Aegean Islands of Greece, the Crimea, Iran, Georgia, Azerbaijan, northern Iraq, western Syria,...
Common Name: Calabrian Pine, Turkish Pine, Brutia Pine, East Mediterranean Pine
* Jacktree is a small spreading deciduous tree or large shrub that typically grows to 15-20' tall. * The plant species is endemic to Southeast China in forest thicket habitats at 500–800 metres (1,600–2,600 ft) of elevation.
* The human use of the cactus dates back thousands of years to the northern coast of Peru and the monks of a pre-Inca culture known as Chavin . Besides mescaline, it also contains varying phenethylamines and other substances in minimal proportions * Today...
Quantity: 0.01 lb
Common Name: Matucana Peruvian Torch Cactus, Matucana Peruvian Torch
The Mugo Pine has small dark green evergreen needles helping it to look great all year. Plant seeds in the fall and deep soil evenly moist in deep well-drained soil. This Bonsai is a good one for beginners because it is low-maintenance, a slow grower,...
The wax can be used to make aromatic candles. * A wax on the fruit is obtained by simmering the fruit in hot water and skimming off the wax as it rises to the surface. It is native to the southwestern United States , in Utah , Nevada , Arizona , western...