Color-mad perennial groundcover rolls out a carpet of large, high-definition-color purple blooms on floriferous spikes. A favorite with birds, bees, and insects. Flowering the first year, perennial thrives in heat and drought and thirsty soil.
Planting Convallaria pips, or rhizomes, is one of the best ways to cover larger shaded areas. They are lovely, have a slight scent and are deer resistant. They will thrive in shady and moist areas where they can be combined with hellebores, dicentras...
* Yellowish flowers marked with rusty red, particularly on the inside; in spikes; biennial or short-lived perennial; full or part sun, dry, well-drained soil; flowering in summer; native to southern Europe and Turkey.
Violet-blue spikes top this low grower, lending a soft, muted feel to the garden. This low-maintenance catmint keeps its blue-green, aromatic leaves neat through the summer. Awarded 2007 Perennial Plant of the Year by the Perennial Plant Association.
* St. John's wort has a long history of herbal use. In clinical trials about 67% of patients with mild to moderate depression improved when taking this plant. * St John's wort (traditionally pronounced /se?nt?d??nz ?w?rt/ , now sometimes the spelling...
* The use of this plant is subject to legal restrictions in some countries. * The leaves can be used as a very powerful mind-altering drug, they contain hyoscyamine and atropine. * The thornapple is a bitter narcotic plant that relieves pain and encourages...
* A beautiful yellow dye is obtained from the flowers. It is brown otherwise. * Iris pseudacorus is a species of Iris , native to Europe , western Asia and northwest Africa . The root is a source of tannin and has been used in making ink.
SHIPS IN FALL This prolific bloomer features garnet-rose flowers. Lady Friend is part of the Pink to Red Iris Collection. Fast grower is quick to divide letting youget more iris from your initial purchase.
Flowers all summer! Prolific bloomer that begins in late spring, continues until mid-autumn and is smother in intense, violet-blue flowers. Perfect as a groundcover or border. Grows only 6-8” tall and spreads quickly to 8-10”.
This stunning rebloomer produces 5-6" flowers with ruffled raspberry and rose petals. Grows 24" tall. Berrylicious starts blooming early in the season with all summer reblooming. They are contrasted with a blackberry eyezone and edges, plus an apricot...
The stems grow 24-30'' tall, and the plant is 24'' wide. This showy perennial is relatively new to America and is prized in Europe for its soft frilly pink flowers that sway on tall wiry stems from early to mid-summer above a rosette of blue-green foliage.
The Bandana Lantanas are a 2013 Louisiana Super Plant selection and have received high marks in trials across the US. The Bandana series of Lantana are compact mounding plants growing to 18-24"H x 18-24"W with excellent flower power producing a heavy...
Grows 19” tall and 18” wide. Winner of multiple awards, this rebloomer produces fragrant 3.5” sparkling light pink flowers that start opening early in the daylily season and later in the summer as well.
Glossy green leaves turn wine-red in autumn. With bright ornamental berries, this native plant is very attractive to birds. Clusters of pretty white flowers in spring form an eye-catching mix of pink and powder blue fruits in the fall.
* Veratrum album , commonly known as the False Helleborine (also known as White Hellebore , European White Hellebore , White Veratrum ; syn. * Upright stems topped by 1/2-1" flowers in a branched flower head, white, green, or yellowish; grows in wet,...
Consistency in reblooming as well as strong growth are its stand-out qualities. Deep golden yellow with exquisite ruffling graces the edges of this reliable rebloomer. Honorable Mention 1995, Award of Merit 1999.
Color in the Shade Perennial Shade Garden combines shade-loving plants for under trees and they come back year after year without replanting! We're offering 6 varieties of plants that just love shady areas, the areas where even grass won't grow.
Simply provide a porous, fast-draining soil; plenty of sunlight, good air circulation and plenty of water and watch them take off! During the winter they must go dormant in a cool, dry environment to bloom the following season.
We have customers that still have blooming plants that are 20 years old! Use for borders or groupings anywhere in your yard. Field grown plants. Fresh, sweet scent from fancy double blooms that measure almost 8 inches across.
Early-mid season bloomer. SHIPS IN FALL Multiple award winner! Excellent color contrast with vigorous growth and strong stems that support large, ruffled flowers. Honorable Mention 1999, Award of Merit 2001, Wister Medal 2003, Dykes Medal 2004.
Sassy Summer Sunset starts blooming in early summer in sunny garden areas with reblooms throughout the summer. Deer and pest resistant. This showy perennial provides large flowering heads of orange and yellow flowers that gradually change to all yellow.