Symptoms of laburnum poisoning may include intense sleepiness, vomiting, convulsive movements, coma, slight frothing at the mouth and unequally dilated pupils. * All parts of the plant are poisonous, although mortality is very rare.
Collection Locale: Massachusetts
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 6
Common Name: Waterer Golden Chain Tree, Waterer Laburnum, Goldenchain Tree
* It is in flower from Jul to August, and the seeds ripen in September. * Species of buckeye endemic to California , and the only buckeye native to the state. * Large shrub or small tree; silvery bark; dark green leaves; flowers fragrant, white to light...
The flowers are golden yellow and sweet scented, are grouped in pendulous racemes upto 25 cm long, and typically bloom in May. It is much in demand among turners,and is used in making instruments and furniture especially where strength and smoothness...
It is called Winged Tobacco , Jasmine Tobacco , tanbaku , and sometimes Persian Tobacco , though the latter name is also used for Nicotiana persica . * All parts of the plant contain nicotine, this has been extracted and used as an insecticide.
It is also used in allopathic medicine in the treatment of heart complaints. The foliage forms a tight rosette at ground level in the first year. Purpurea is easily grown from seed or purchased as potted plants in the spring.
* An easily grown plant, succeeding in ordinary garden soil, especially if it is rich in organic matter. They are often used in the treatment of certain heart complaints. * The leaves are cardiac, stimulant and tonic.
* Flowers, to 5", white, fragrant, borne in profusion. * A species of flowering plant in the family Fabaceae ,native to South China (which includes Hong Kong ) and southeastern Asia * Common names include Hong Kong Orchid Tree, and Hawaiian orchid tree.
* A sprawling plant unless staked, perhaps best for romping through a semi-wild border; small blue flowers in considerable numbers in midsummer; full sun or part shade, persistent once established; native to China.
In July the beautiful Pink Mist Smoke Tree bursts forth with big clusters of light pink panicles resembling clouds of fluffy smoke so dense you can't see through them. The tree looks like one large, soft pink cloud resting on a tree trunk! And then in...
Dwarf Alberta Spruce is a conifer with a pyramidal growth habit. This specimen has soft to the touch dense evergreen needle foliage. Bloom/Features: Deer resistant Dimensions: 6-8' H x 6-8' W USDA Zones: USDA Zones 3-7 Exposure: Sun to part shade Soil:...
Assembled Product Weight: 6 oz
Recommended Use: outdoor Garden Patio
Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H): 20.00 x 7.00 x 7.00 Inches
Cut back on the watering leaving the soil only partly moist. Place in a sunny location while indoors and if outdoors during the summer, find a place that has a sun/shade mix to prevent the plant from getting burned.
The included river rocks help stabilize the stalks of bamboo in the glass container and provide further decoration. The Brussel's Bonsai 12 in. Fence Bamboo in Square Glass Container is said to bring luck to those in its possession and offers an elegantly...
✓ Lucky Bamboo is said to bring luck
✓ 12 in. glass container with 3 layers of river stones for holding the bamboo stalks in place
* The twigs, bark, flowers and leaves all produce a foetid odour if crushed. Conservation Plant Characteristics Aesculus glabra Willd. * In Britain, it grows best in eastern and south-eastern areas of England probably needing a continental climate in...
* Common Soapwort ( Saponaria officinalis ) is a vespertine flower , and a common perennial plant from the carnation family ( Caryophyllaceae ). Other common names are Bouncing Bet and Sweet William; locally it is simply "the Soapwort" although there...
A must have perennial, the iris tolerates wet, boggy areas and is very adaptable to a variety of soil types. Deer resistant.Sensational blooms are a combination of red standards with mahogany and golden yellow falls Iris is a genus of between 200–300...
Each plant will produce hundreds of seeds by the end of the growing season, which can be baked and consumed or used as bird feed. It is recommended to check your sowing area for hard, compacted soil prior to sowing.
Grows 20-30 feet tall. Plant in full sun The Lilac Tree is resistant to mildew, borers and scale. Blooms early to mid-June. One of our favorite lilacs is now available. Possibly the most trouble-free lilac you can grow.
Just water when the soil is dry. The attraction of this plant towards dragons is said to be magnetic.An interesting research program has been done by NASA using a few selected plants (one is Sansevieria) for air purification and to curb "Sick Building...
* Beautiful fragrant pale pink small flowers in clusters to 6"; deciduous; acid soil, although may be more tolerant of lime than most; needs protection from hot sun and late freezes; dark green leaves to 5 1/2" x 3", red, yellow, and orange in fall; native...
Big Blue is deer, air pollution, drought, erosion, and rabbit tolerant. Use a slow release granular fertilizer in spring. It can be planted in the landscape as a mass groundcover or as an edging plant.
✓ Year round interest
✓ Mature size: 1-2'H x 1-2'W
✓ Herbaceous perennial
✓ Lavender blooms
Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H): 20.00 x 6.75 x 6.75 Inches
Originating in western China, garlic chives have been used in Asian cuisine for thousands of years. Unlike the traditional tubular leaves of regular chives, garlic chives have flat, narrow blades; some gardeners blanch their garlic chives, causing them...
With a blue-purple color, Muscari Blue Hyacinths are hardy and easy to grow. They love full to moderate sun to moderate shade and provide long lasting, fragrant blooms. These easy going tulips require little care.