* Hardier than green-leaved types. * Fall color is sensational. * The spring color is bright purple-red, black red or maroon in summer, changing to green red or brown red in late summer and then crimson in the fall.
* The sturdy leaves of this cultivar are a bright green. * Fall coloration develops into a distinct yellow-gold with rosy tones. It becomes blended with light orange and reds. * It is quite a unique Fall color.
During the colder months, they turn maroonish in color. * Shiny dark-green evergreen leaves, "flowers generally stinky" (Dirr); grown mainly for its bright red fruit, to 1/4 inch wide, which may last through winter; native to western China.
* Deeply divided leaves. * It has deep purple leaves in spring and early summer, turning dark green in late season then to red-crimson in the fall. * It would be interesting to see what characteristics are inherited through the seeds that we offer for...
It is brilliant yellow or yellow-orange color while in Osakazuki it is crimson. It works well when planted with Osakazuki so that the leaves in the fall compliment each other. * Very similar to Osakazuki * The main difference is the fall color.
It is a large suckering shrub that can be grown as a small tree. * For the brightest winter bark, young shoots are encouraged by cutting to the ground some older stems at the end of the winter, before leaves are open.
* A species of maple native to central China , in the provinces of Gansu , Henan , Hubei , Hunan , Shaanxi , Shanxi , and Sichuan. * Beautiful peeling cinnamon bark. * Fall color bright red and orange.
* Beautiful peeling cinnamon bark. * Fresh/Green seed does not require a period of warm stratification to soften the seed coat. * A species of maple native to central China , in the provinces of Gansu , Henan , Hubei , Hunan , Shaanxi , Shanxi , and Sichuan.
The wood, after soaking in water, polishes to a brilliant black finish. * Chimonanthus praecox, also known as wintersweet or Japanese allspice, is a species of flowering plant in the genus Chimonanthus of the family Calycanthaceae, native to China.
* The crushed leaves have a strong lemony scent. * The wood lacks a distinctive odor and so does not impart a flavor to items stored in it. Highly recommended for zones 5 and 6. * The New Mexico sources of Abies concolor will be intermediate between the...
* The parent is a vigorous cultivar said to be more resistant to birch borers and tolerant to heat. * This deciduous tree has bark that is white and does not exfoliate (peel off). * The glossy green foliage turns yellow in the fall.
Seeds Per Pound: 5,000,000
Quantity: 43.03 lb
Botanical Name: Betula platyphylla Japonica White Spire broken strobiles
* It is a popular ornamental tree found far beyond its native range. * It is also grown for the cut Christmas tree industry. * The specific epithet pungens means "sharply pointed", referring to the leaves.
Germination Test Type: Actual
Botanical Name: Picea pungens glauca CO Rio Grande