Its strongly scented pendent flowers, produced in winter on bare stems, have 15-21 yellow tepals, the inner ones usually with purplish red pigments. * This plant is cultivated in gardens, producing valued flower colour in the dormant season.
Features small pendulous clusters of bell-shaped, mildly fragrant, pale pink, long-stalked flowers (3/4" long) with showy yellow stamens. Flowers appear in May-June (somewhat late for trees) and give way to grayish-brown drupes which persist into late...
Germination Test Type: cut
Crop Year: 2015
Common Name: Japanese Snowbell, Pink Japanese Snowbell
Vernalis is valued in cultivation for its strongly scented flowers appearing in late winter, when little else is growing. * The flowers are deep to bright red, rarely yellow, with four ribbon-shaped petals 7-10 mm long and four short stamens, and grow...
The shrub is mid winter flowering with a delightful sweet scent. It will however grow in full sun, even though the foliage appears to "bleach" a little. * Sarcococca confusa is a very adaptable and reliable shrub that is easily grown in many situations,...
It is noted for its pendulous clusters of bell-shaped, mildly fragrant, 5-petaled, waxy white flowers (each to 3/4” diameter) that bloom in May-June. Flowers give way to greenish-brown, olive-shaped drupes that often persist into late autumn.
Branchlets reddish brown when old, terete, slender, pubescent when young, soon glabrescent, glabrous when old; buds reddish brown, ovoid; scales villous at margin. * Shrubs or small trees, to 5–7 m tall.
Young shoots are short, palely pubescent and bright orange to red-brown in colour. Diversifolia is an evergreen tree that attains heights of 25 m (80 feet). * Grow in moist, well-drained soils in part shade to full shade.
* The fruit is a good wildlife food source, especially for birds. * It can grow in heavy clay soil, in semi-shade (light woodland) or no shade, but must be moist soil. * The smallest crab; fragrant half-inch white flowers; dark red fruit "about the size...
Common Name: Sargent's Apple, Sargent's Crab Apple, Sargent's Crabapple
It frequently grows with scattered conifers and an undergrowth of shrubs, typically evergreen Rhododendron . They often have very bent growth due to the pressure of the deep winter snow in the Himalaya.
* Clematis terniflora is a PERENNIAL CLIMBER growing to 5 m (16ft 5in). It is hardy to zone 6. Without support, it will sprawl along the ground as a dense, tangled ground cover (to 6-12" tall and 10' wide) which typically chokes out most weeds.
* Very fragrant yellow flowers in early spring. * Shiny leathery leaves, coarse, evergreen, dark green or blue green. * Fruit - raw or cooked. A pleasant acid flavour, it is nice when added to muesli or porridge.
* Japanese Maple has been cultivated in Japan for centuries and in temperate areas around the world since the 1800s * Of easy cultivation, it succeeds in most soils preferring a good moist well-drained soil on the acid side and partial shade * Grown for...
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 5
Botanical Name: ACER palmatum small seeded, dewinged
This is an easily grown heat and sun loving small tropical tree that makes a great addition to tropical gardens or containers. Checkout our new Grows To: 6-10'H x 4-6'W in containers, 15-30'H and wide in tropical climates
* Puawhananga, the M?ori name translates as "flower of the skies", and traditionally its flowering meant the start of spring. The fragrance of the flowers is the main reason that people grow the plant.
* Big leaves, to 10", roughly heart-shaped, dark green; grows quickly; fragrant yellow-green flowers in small panicles in June; appealing small red berries in pendulous clusters; native to Japan and China.
'Elongata' is a selection of 'Belle of India' that has larger flowers more starry flowers and appears to be a much more free flowering selection of Sambac Jasmine. Pikake is Hawiian for Peacock So Hawaiian Peacock Jasmine = Pikake = Sambac Jasmine.