* The leaves are brick red blended over a deep green color base. * They do not appear variegated but as if the red color has been brushed on. Unique individuals will most likely result which can be even more interesting than the parent.
* A decidious Tree growing to 8 m (26ft) by 6 m (19ft). * Japanese Maple has been cultivated in Japan for centuries and in temperate areas around the world since the 1800s * Of easy cultivation, it succeeds in most soils preferring a good moist well-drained...
Collection Locale: California
Crop Year: 2017
Quantity: 0.03 lb
Common Name: Japanese Maple, Small Seeded Japanese Maple
Branchlets reddish brown when old, terete, slender, pubescent when young, soon glabrescent, glabrous when old; buds reddish brown, ovoid; scales villous at margin. * Shrubs or small trees, to 5–7 m tall.
* Flaking dark brown bark; 3" leaves; native to Himalayas. * Betula utilis tends to form forests, growing as a shrub or as a tree reaching up to 20 m (66 ft) tall. They often have very bent growth due to the pressure of the deep winter snow in the Himalaya.
* The fall color is a "beautiful gold with overtones of crimson for which it is famous." * Makes an excellent larger bonsai specimen. * The leaf color is a combination of green and red on the same leaf.
* Very similar to Osakazuki * The main difference is the fall color. It is brilliant yellow or yellow-orange color while in Osakazuki it is crimson. * As with all seed collected from cultivars it is uncertain if the resulting seedlings will resemble the...
The shrub is mid winter flowering with a delightful sweet scent. It will however grow in full sun, even though the foliage appears to "bleach" a little. * Sarcococca confusa is a very adaptable and reliable shrub that is easily grown in many situations,...
* Reaching 4-5 meters high. * The deep red color of this dissected leaf variety also holds well into the summer. * New spring growth that is covered in very fine silvery hairs making it look almost grey.
An oil is extracted from the seeds. * A fibre obtained from the bark is used in the manufacturing of Xuan Paper. The tree has a good quality timber. * Resembles Celtis but has winged fruits to 3/4"; dark green foliage; "gray-brown bark exfoliates in patches...
Uses of its moderately strong, light-colored wood include small-dimension lumber and pulp. In this capacity it differs from many alpine conifers in its tolerance of relatively warm, damp environments, and in such settings remains healthy while growing...
It can be used medicinally, as a food flavouring, as an ingredient in cosmetic shampoos and also to make a wholesome tea. * The wood is very strong, close grained, hard, heavy. * An essential oil is obtained from the bark and twigs, it is distilled in...
* Resembles the species but among the earliest of all crab apples to flower; fruit bright red, to 1/2"; native to Manchuria, China. * The fruit can be eaten raw or cooked. It is often dried for winter use and also makes an excellent jelly.
* Trueness to type can never be guaranteed when seed is grown that has been collected from cultivars. * 'Shojo' is the name of the red-faced orangoutang. * A very deep colored palmatum - almost classed as a "black-red" * In the Fall crimson tones dominate.
* It would be interesting to see what characteristics are inherited through the seeds that we offer for sale. * It has deep purple leaves in spring and early summer, turning dark green in late season then to red-crimson in the fall.
Common Name: Thunder Japanese Maple, Inazuma Japanese Maple
They grow best in a Mediterranean climate. * Pine relatives; cone green when young, 8" long; probably hardier than K. Plants require a hot dry site if they are to flourish, with at least 4 months of temperatures above 25°c.