* A sprawling plant unless staked, perhaps best for romping through a semi-wild border; small blue flowers in considerable numbers in midsummer; full sun or part shade, persistent once established; native to China.
Quantity: 0.15 lb
Collection Locale: Pennsylvania
Common Name: Tube Clematis, Hyacinth-flower Clematis, Bush Clematis
It prefers sandy, well-drained soil and full sun. It often goes by the common name Foxtail lily. * The plant was introduced from Central Asia in 1874 and is popular in gardens. However some may find the plant to be too tall for normal gardens.
Height: 6-10 feet
Common Name: Desert Candle, Foxtail Lily, Fox Tail Lily, Fox-tail Lily
* A decidious Tree growing to 10 m (32ft) by 10 m (32ft) at a fast rate. * It is in flower from July to August, and the seeds ripen from September to October. * Foot-long clusters of yellow flowers in midsummer, followed by red or brownish "pods" that...
* Callistephus is a monotypic genus of flowering plants in the aster family, Asteraceae, containing the single species Callistephus chinensis. * The large solitary flower head grows at the top of the stem and sometimes on branches.
* Eutrochium fistulosum (Eupatorium fistulosum), also called Joe-Pye weed, Trumpetweed, or Purple thoroughwort, is a flowering plant in the family Asteraceae, native to eastern North America, in southeast Canada and throughout the eastern and central...
Seeds Per Pound: 726,400
Germination Test Type: cut
Common Name: Joe Pye Weed, Trumpetweed, Purple Thoroughwort, Queen Of The Meadow
Plants can be grown as a ground cover when planted about 1.2 metres apart each way. * Spiraea japonica was introduced in North America as an ornamental landscape plant and first cultivated in the northeastern states around 1870.
* The leaves are alternate, bipinnately compound leaves; with a ovate shape and a pinnate venation, they have a green color usually and turns yellow in fall, measuring between 5-10 cm long.The flowers are small and yellow with a touch of red at the base,...
* Perennial wildflower, palm shaped leaves, blooms 2nd and 3rd year and successive seasons from expanding clumps. * Lupinus perennis ( Indian beet , Old maid's bonnets , Blue Lupine, and Sundial lupine ) is a medicinal plant in the Fabaceae family.
St John's Wort Red Fame is the perfect addition to any sunny or somewhat shady garden. A 2 to 3 inch layer of mulch is sufficient but remember to take care not to cover any part of the stem of the plant with mulch.
Eupatorium has recently undergone some revision and has been broken up into smaller genera. * Many people perceive Joe Pye weed to be nothing more than a roadside weed and have never seriously considered its outstanding ornamental attributes.
Seed used by Aztecs as a hallucinogen. * Ipomoea tricolor is a species of morning glory native to the New World tropics , and widely cultivated and naturalised elsewhere. The leaves are spirally arranged, 3-7 cm long with a 1.5-6 cm long petiole.
Collection Locale: Colorado
Common Name: Grannyvine, Heavenly Blue Morning Glory
An improvement on a classic upright sedum with large flat flower heads, this selection holds up much longer into fall than Sedum Autumn Joy. Attracts pollinators and hummingbirds. Remove the old flowers of Sedum Autumn Fire as they become brown and unattractive.
When taken over an extended period it is said to increase mental efficiency and physical performance whilst helping the body adapt to high or low temperatures and stress. * The root is said to be adaptogen, cardiotonic, demulcent, panacea, sedative, sialagogue,...
In the landscape, it is often used in borders and cut flower gardens where there is full sun to partial shade. If plants flop or otherwise depreciate in summer to the point where they look unsightly, consider cutting them back to the basal foliage.
Louisiana Irises are summer dormant and fall, winter, and spring growing. This is followed by fruit production and something of a pause in top growth with rhizome development. Consider fertilizing them if needed during these growing periods if soils are...
Outdoor Light: Full sun, Part sun
Grows To: 30-36''H, space at 12-18"
USDA Cold Hardiness Zones: 7,8,9
Soil & Moisture: Wet, moist, to average moist, moderately fertile soils rich in organic matter.
This is an easy to grow and drought tolerant perennial that readily multiplies from offsets as well as seeds. Apparently there is a small amount of nitrates that fall with the rain which signals the plants to flower.
The Variegated Bleeding Heart Vine may occasionally produce solid green leaved vines which should be cut out as close to their point of origin as possible or the variegated portions may eventually be overtaken by the more vigorous green sports.
Soil & Moisture: Humus rich, fertile, moist but not wet or soggy, well-drained soil.
Rich pink 2" tubular flowers emerge from the dark colored bracts of this free flowering tropical perennial from late spring to fall. We typically see these Justicias growing to 24-36"H but they are known to get as large as 5-7' where winter freezes don't...
Container Size: 3.5 inch / 16 fl.oz. / 473 ml
Native To / Origin: South America
USDA Cold Hardiness Zones: 9,10,11, 8B with protection
Ice plants are one of our favorite ground covers because of their tremendous blooming power and tolerance of harsh conditions. Starburst is probably the most colorful one of all. Plants grow to only 4'' tall.
Why does everybody prefer Belgian Mums? Zones 5 (with heavy mulch) to 9. This Savona Belgian Mum is the best early blooming red mum available! Plant in full sun. We have specially selected all of our varieties to be early flowering (mid-September).
This durable and reliable perennial (where hardy) is moderately drought tolerant, deer resistant, salt tolerant, and is generally pest free. For the best results provide your Lantana with an average to well draining soil with average moisture in an area...
Soil & Moisture: Average moist, well-drained soils. Somewhat drought resistant once well-established.
Salt Tolerance: Moderate soil salt tolerance, low aerosol salt tolerance
Outdoor Light: Full sun, Part sun, Part shade
Native To / Origin: Garden Hybrid - Syngenta - 2015
This vigorous re-blooming Daylily has huge 6½" fragrant blooms that are a peachy cream with plum purple eyes and a yellowish green throat. This stunning premium winter hardy Daylily is heavily budded and attracts hummingbirds and butterflies to the garden.