The plant is also known as an introduced species across much of the rest of the world, including Australia . It is a naturalized species and often a weed in parts of North America, but it is probably native in Alaska and Greenland .
* The large solitary flower head grows at the top of the stem and sometimes on branches. * Callistephus is a monotypic genus of flowering plants in the aster family, Asteraceae, containing the single species Callistephus chinensis.
* Best naturalized in moist to wet soils in water gardens, bog gardens, wet meadows, water margins or low spots. * Mimulus ringens is a species of monkeyflower known by the common names Allegheny monkeyflower and square-stemmed monkeyflower.
* It is also grown as an ornamental plant , and numerous cultivars have been developed for flower quality and plant form. * Echinacea purpurea ( Eastern purple coneflower or Purple coneflower ) is a species of flowering plant in the genus Echinacea .
Crop Year: 2016
Quantity: 7.52 lb
Seeds Per Pound: 109,563
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 109
Common Name: Purple Coneflower, Eastern Purple Coneflower
* Papaver orientale ( Oriental poppy ) is a perennial flowering plant native to the Caucasus, northeastern Turkey, and northern Iran. * The young seed heads are used as a condiment, they are hot and acrid.
* Bergenia (also called heart-leaved bergenia) is a clump-forming perennial which is primarily grown as a ground cover. * Foliage turns purplish-bronze in winter. * Leaves are often used in floral arrangements.
* Good tree for striking yellow late summer flowers in upright clusters as large as 2' x 1 1/2'; seed "pods" pinkish, very attractive, good for dried arrangements; bipinnate leaves; upright habit; flowers when young; needs sun; native to China.
* Foot-long clusters of yellow flowers in midsummer, followed by red or brownish "pods" that persist into fall; Dirr calls it a "beautiful dense tree of regular rounded outline, sparingly branched" * It is popularly grown as an ornamental tree in temperate...
* An annual poppy with lovely shiny gray-blue foliage and white, pink, red, or purple flowers, often double; easy to grow; may self-seed prolifically; numerous color forms and cultivars exist; native to southeast Europe and western Asia.
* Hydrangea paniculata , commonly known as the panicled hydrangea , is a species of Hydrangea found in eastern China , Korea , Japan , and Sakhalin . * In late summer parent has much larger flowers, first white, then purplish-pink, then brown; to 12"...
* A fine yellow dye is obtained from the juice of the plant, it is very durable. * Serratula tinctoria , commonly known as Saw-wort , is a species in the genus Serratula . It grows in moist soil, full sun to part shade, and grows up to one meter tall.
Crop Year: 1997
Botanical Name: Serratula tinctoria
Common Name: Sawwort, Centaury, Dyer's Plumeless Saw-wort
Seeds should produce mostly blue flowers, but may show some breaks to colors of reds, yellows and bicolors. Legume species. Plants are hardy to about -25°c. * Perennial wildflower, palm shaped leaves, blooms 2nd and 3rd year and successive seasons from...
Common Name: Sundial Lupine, Wild Perennial Lupine, Wild Lupine
* Common Hogweed ( Heracleum sphondylium ) is an herbaceous biennial plant of the family Apiaceae , which grows in the prairies of Eurasia. It is an umbelliferous plant, in the same group as fennel, cow parsley, elder and giant hogweed.
The flowers are red and scented with numerous yellow stamens in the centre. * Paeonia tenuifolia is sometimes called the fern leaf peony . * The narrow, divided leaves are almost thread-like and grow close together on the stems.
* A shrub with smooth bark, dark green spreading branches and pendulous and pubescent twigs. The seeds are legumes with large numbers of black seeds that contain cytisine (an alkaloid extremely poisonous to humans but also goats and horses, especially...
Common Name: Golden Chain Tree, Laburnum, Golden Rain Tree
* A small tree grown for its ornamental red new growth and its red and yellow fall color. * A deciduous Tree growing to 9 m (29ft 6in). It is in flower in May, and the seeds ripen from Aug to September.
* The whole plant, but especially the root, is analgesic, antirheumatic, galactogogue and rubefacient.The plant was often used medicinally by North American Indian tribes, though modern users should be aware of the plants potential toxicity.
* Grow in fertile, medium to wet soils in full sun to part shade. Consider placing it near bodies of water or in native plant gardens. It can be trained to climb a wall, trellis, fence, arbor, porch, lamppost or other stationary structure.
The uppermost part of the leaf is flared into a lid (the operculum), which prevents excess rain from entering the pitcher and diluting the digestive secretions within. * Sarracenia rubra , also known as the Sweet pitcher plant , is a carnivorous plant...
* The seed remains viable for several years. * Mirabilis jalapa (The four o'clock flower or marvel of Peru ) is the most commonly grown ornamental species of Mirabilis , and is available in a range of colours.
Succeeds in part shade. * Tolerates most soils, but prefers a good loamy soil, abundant moisture and full sunlight. A very ornamental plant. * Spiraea japonica was introduced in North America as an ornamental landscape plant and first cultivated in the...