* It is considered an aggressive invasive plant in natural areas (both woods and fields). * The flowers appear from late spring to summer in umbelliform cymes of about 4 flowers.The seeds are small and black, borne in a long capsule .
* The name "naked lady" comes from the fact that the flowers emerge from the ground long after the leaves have died back. * Contrary to what the name suggests, neither a crocus nor the source of saffron; foliage emerges in spring, fades in early summer;...
Common Name: Meadow Saffron, Common Autumn Crocus, Naked Lady
The roasted roots are used with dandelion and chicory roots for making coffee. A tea is made from the dried leaves and roots. * The peeled roots are cut up and added to soups. However, internal consumption, such as in the form of herbal tea , is discouraged,...
* Tarragon or dragon's-wort ( Artemisia dracunculus ) is a perennial herb in the family Asteraceae related to wormwood . The North American populations may, however, be naturalised from early human introduction.
The plants are very cold tolerant, but they can be damaged when dormant if the soil is too moist. Plant the roots out very shallowly. * Iris sibirica , the Siberian Iris , is a flowering plant in the genus Iris , native to eastern and central Europe and...
They are also used to give colour and flavour to glutinous-rice dumplings (Mochi). Their addition to the diet aids the digestion and so they are often used in small quantities as a flavouring, especially with fatty foods.
The large flowers clusters open a a rich orangey yellow, darken to bright orange, and finally to a deep cherry pink with a red eye. The Bandana series of Lantana are compact mounding plants growing to 18-24"H x 18-24"W with excellent flower power producing...
SHIPS IN FALL This deep wisteria blue self is well known for its consistent reblooming habit even in the colder climates. Blooms mid-late season. As another bonus, Sugar Bues has a pronounced sweet fragrance.
* Centaurea montana ( Perennial Cornflower, Mountain Cornflower, Bachelor's Button, Montane Knapweed or Mountain Bluet ) is a species of Centaurea endemic to Europe . * Mountain cornflower is seldom used in modern herbalism, though it does still have...
Common Milkweed is native to the eastern 2/3's of the US as well as occurring in WA, MT, and Canada and is considered by many to be one of the most important milkweed species for the regal Monarch butterfly.
Recommended for planting in partial-shade, but can take more sun in the north. The first foxglove to have upward reaching flowers! Beautiful rose colored flowers are speckled inside and make quite the show when they bloom in late spring to early summer.
Winner of multiple awards, this rebloomer produces fragrant 3.5” sparkling light pink flowers that start opening early in the daylily season and later in the summer as well. Grows 19” tall and 18” wide.
This vigorous tropical climber flowers on new growth so keep it healthy in a moderately moist, humus rich, fertile, well-drained soil. The White Bleeding Heart Vine may freeze to the ground in the coldest portions of its range but established plants typically...
Indoor Light: High, Direct cool sunlight
Salt Tolerance: Slight
Container Size: 4.5 inch / 20 fl.oz. / 591 ml
pH Range: Mildly Acidic
Outdoor Light: Part shade, Light shade, Cool Morning or Late Afternoon sunlight
The large flowers clusters open a sunny yellow and fade to a deep cherry pink. The Bandana series of Lantana are compact mounding plants growing to 18-24"H x 18-24"W with excellent flower power producing a heavy display of nectar rich flowers from spring...
Grows To: 18-24"H x 18-24"W
Container Size: 3.5 inch / 16 fl.oz. / 473 ml
Native To / Origin: Pan American Seed
Soil & Moisture: Average moist, well-drained soils. Somewhat drought resistant once well-established.
Salt Tolerance: Moderate soil salt tolerance, low aerosol salt tolerance
* Valerian ( Valeriana officinalis , Valerianaceae ) is a hardy perennial flowering plant , with heads of sweetly scented pink or white flowers. * A perennial herb with fragrant white, pink, or lavender flowers in loose, flat-topped clusters, smelling...
Violet falls have a white pattern surrounding the white beards. Honorable Mention 2003! Vibrant colors and intense ruffling bestow an exuberant spirit on this violet rebloomer. Blooms early-mid season.