* Although very hardy, the plant flowers in early spring and it is best grown against a sunny wall in order to give some protection to the flowers. * It originates from China. * The flowers are pale pink or white , and the fruit are red and "pubescent",...
* Variable; many 1-2" pink, creamy white, or yellow single flowers, in May or early June; 1/2" purple-black hips; low, tangled, dense habit; spreads by suckers; easy to grow; native to Europe and western Asia, where it grows on dunes and dry heath and...
Fruits are sometimes used to make tasty jams and jellies. It also has more intense fall color, glossier leaves and more abundant fruit production. * The variety Brilliantissima tends to be more compact than the species.
* Pinus coulteri is a substantial coniferous evergreen tree in the genus Pinus. Coulter pines produce the largest cones of any pine tree species (people are actually advised to wear hardhats when working in Coulter pine groves), although the slender cones...
* The fruit can be eaten raw or cooked. It is about the size of a pea, up to 14mm long, and is produced in fairly large bunches making it easy to harvest. * "One of my favorite all around trees" (Dirr); has beechy gray bark, shiny dark green leaves, yellow,...
* The fruit turns sweeter and so tastes best after a frost. Prick out the seedlings into individual pots when they are large enough to handle. An infusion of the branches has been used in the treatment of weak kidneys in order to stop the frequent urination.
The plant prefers light (sandy), medium (loamy) and heavy (clay) soils and can grow in nutritionally poor soil.The plant prefers acid, neutral and basic (alkaline) soils..It can grow in semi-shade (light woodland) or no shade.It requires moist soil.
In current herbalism it is considered to be a gallbladderremedy with laxative and diuretic properties. * Wahoo was used in various ways by the North American Indians, for example as an eye lotion, as apoultice for facial sores and for gynaecological conditions.
It has small flowers and pink fruits with a yellow shading. It grows to 6 meters (20 ft) tall and 4.5 meters (15 ft) wide. * Euonymus bungeanus , also called winterberry euonymus , is a large deciduous shrub, or a small semi-evergreen tree native to China...
National Arboretum. * Cornus elliptica is an evergreen to semi-evergreen dogwood that is native to China. The showy parts of the dogwood “flower” are the four, pointed, petal-like, white bracts (1.5-2” across) that surround a center cluster of insignificant,...
To open the package, remove staples and unfold. The shipping on our orders also includes the processing and handling charges which is also less or equal to most seed companies. My contact info is inside.
Container Planting: no
USDA Zones: 7 to
Diameter: 25 ft
Propagation / Germination: easy -plant in spring after danger of frost is past .
It grows on the edges of the woods, moist slopes, fence rows, in thickets and in streambanks. * Clematis virginiana (also known as Devil's Darning Needles , Devil's Hair , Love Vine , Traveller's Joy , Virgin's Bower , Virginia Virgin's Bower , Wild Hops...
Common Name: Virgin's Bower, Devil's Darning Needles
* A perennial grown for its 2" bright red-orange inflated husk in fall, which encloses an edible red berry; the plant itself is rather lax and weedy, spreading by underground stems; nodding white flowers; native from southeast Europe to Japan.
Common Name: Winter Cherry, Chinese Lantern, Strawberry Groundcherry
Beautiful grass all year round. Little Bluestem is a warm season grass; it actively grows during the summer when soil temperatures are warm. It can do well in moist situations. A beautiful coppery pink all winter.
Mas but is more tree-like in its habit. * Cornus officinalis is a species of dogwood known also as Japanese cornel or Japanese cornelian cherry or Cornelian cherries. Flowers in early spring; edible fruit.
Excellent flavor perfect for desserts and fresh eating. Tall with soft blue-green foliage that turns orange and crimson in the fall. My family started as farmers in Chester, NJ (Now Moorestown) to long ago to remember, and, ever since that time, have...
The fruit's flesh is not overly juicy but still very flavorful and tart. Kumquat trees are normally grown through grafting, though seed germination is possible. In fact they are often simply referred to as the sweet kumquat.
Northern highbush blueberries require 800 to 1000 chill hours to set fruit. Foliage turns crimson in cold winters. It keeps many of its leaves through mild winters, offering a very different look in the landscape.
* During World War II in the United States Rosa canina was planted in victory gardens. * It can be used in making delicious jams, syrups etc. * The dog rose was the stylized rose of medieval European heraldry, and is still used today.
Flowers axillary. * Flora of China states: Shrubs or trees, to 10 m tall, deciduous. Sepals 5, persistent, similar to bracteoles, ovate, obovate, or orbicular, 1.2-1.8 × 0.7-1 cm, basally connate, margin irregularly undulating, apex acute to rounded.
Germination Test Type: cut
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 36
Height: 30 feet
Common Name: Chinese Stewartia, Upright Stewartia, Beaked Stewartia
This native American variety ripens in July, and the harvest of large, firm fruits with delicious sweet flavor goes on for weeks. Plant with at least two other blueberry varieties to ensure adequate cross-pollination.