* It is a deciduous tree growing to 20m in height. * Magnolia officinalis var. This variety does not appear in the wild, and is only known in cultivation. The flowers are fragrant, 10-15 cm wide, with 9-12 (rarely to 17) white tepals, and appear from...
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 6
Common Name: Houpu Magnolia, Magnolia-bark Magnolia
Its leaves are needle-like, dark-green, 2–3 centimeters long with cones from 18 to 25 millimeters in length.2 * The timber is used for construction, poles, vehicles, pit props, railway sleepers, and wood fiber.
* It is native to much of Asia from China to India to Japan . The fruit is made into pickles, fruit tarts, and sour, spicy candy in Nepal. Of Anhui, Fujian, S Gansu, Guangdong, Guangxi, Guizhou, Hubei, Hunan, Jiangxi, Sichuan, Taiwan, SE Xizang, Yunnan,...
* A poultice of the heated leaves has been used in the treatment of earaches. * The fibrous bark is also used for making paper. The tree will not require light because it is in hibernation but it does need some watering every few weeks.
Common Name: Redwood, Coast Redwood, California Redwood
* Native to Korea and Russia, this linden (sometimes commonly called Amur linden) is a medium sized shade tree that typically grows to 50-75' tall. Grows best in a woodland situation, young plants tolerate a reasonable level of side shade.
* It is used in the treatment of malaria and rheumatism. * Creamy white flowers as much as a foot wide, wonderfully fragrant, in May, June or July. * This is perhaps the most strongly scented flower in the world! * Exceptionally large trees recorded include...
Height: 60-90 feet
Botanical Name: Magnolia grandiflora
Common Name: Southern Magnolia, Evergreen Magniolia, Bull Bay
* The wood weighs about 36 lb per cubic foot and takes a beautiful polish. * It is a moderately long-lived tree, with ages of up to 258 years known. Serotina is also used for cooking and smoking foods, where it imparts a unique flavor.
The gummy sap has been used as a stimulant and tonic in the treatment of rundown conditions. Branches can be harvested at any time of the year from logged trees, the bark is cut into useable pieces and soaked in clear water prior to cooking for 6 or more...
Height: 350 feet
Crop Year: 2017
Common Name: Redwood, Coast Redwood, California Redwood
* An evergreen Tree growing to 25 m (82ft) by 4 m (13ft) at a slow rate. Subalpine fir ABLA Summary Duration Perennial Growth Habit Tree Native Status L48 (N), AK (N), CAN (N) Federal T/E Status National Wetland Indicator UPL, FAC Morphology/Physiology...
* The leaves are very similar in shape to those of Paulownia tomentosa, having three lobes (two are abruptly truncated on either edge, with a third, central, slightly acute, pointed lobe forming the leaf apex), and are darkly green.
Common Name: Chinese Catalpa, Yellow Catalpa, Japanese Catalpa
* The crushed fruit pulp can be used as a poultice to heal inflammations or small flesh wounds. * The wood is an excellent fuel. * A very pleasant tea can be made from the leaves. * Native to Europe and southwest Asia.
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 4
Seeds Per Pound: 14,982
Germination Test Type: cut
Common Name: French Crab Apple, European Crab Apple
It occurs throughout the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Mixedwood forest region, the New England-Acadian forest region, and the eastern Canadian boreal forests. * Sorbus decora, commonly known as the showy mountain-ash or "dogberry" is a deciduous shrub or...
* A hot infusion of the bark has been snuffed for treating sinus problems and has been held in the mouth for treating toothache. * It is a medium-sized understory tree 15-20 m tall, distinguished from other magnolias by the large leaf size, 25-80 cm long...
* This plant has gained the Royal Horticultural Society's Award of Garden Merit. Unlike the true larches, it is very tolerant of summer heat and humidity, growing very successfully in the southeastern United States where most larches and firs do not succeed.
It is a beautiful, dense and oval-conical tree when young, with a narrow conical crown atop a bare trunck in maturity. They grow to an average height of 50–85 m (165–280 ft) and 6–8 m (18–24 ft) in diameter.
* Can be grown as a small ornamental tree. * Common in thickets and in thin secondary forests in lowlands and low mountains of central and southern Japan. The red seed pods are brilliant, opening to revel shiny black seeds.
Common Name: Korean Sweetheart Tree, Euscaphis Tree
A rounded to broad spreading tree of uniform outline at maturity. It is near threatened in the wild, but is widely cultivated in China for its bark , highly valued in herbology such as Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM).
* This species has a deeply penetrating root system that firmly anchors the tree against winds. * It is also grown for the cut Christmas tree industry. * The specific epithet pungens means "sharply pointed", referring to the leaves.
Botanical Name: Picea pungens glauca CO San Isabel
* In Britain, it grows best in eastern and south-eastern areas of England probably needing a continental climate in order to thrive. * This species is the state tree of Ohio. * Commonly known as Ohio buckeye , American buckeye , or fetid buckeye.
Height: 20-40 feet
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 3
Quantity: 162.17 lb
Common Name: Ohio Buckeye, Smooth Buckeye, Fetid Buckeye, American Buckeye
The autumn colour can be strikingly varied, from peach and yellow to scarlet. * An essential oil is obtained from the leaves and flowers. The leaves are 3-8 cm long rounded ovals, green with a waxy glaucous sheen.
It does not however grow well in hot climates. Its tolerance of cool summers and cold winters makes it highly valued by palm enthusiasts, landscape designers, and gardeners. * Trachycarpus fortunei is cultivated as an ornamental plant for use in gardens...
* In East Africa it is also known as Muarubaini ( Swahili ), which means the tree of the 40 , as it is said to treat 40 different diseases. * Native to India , Myanmar , Bangladesh , Sri Lanka , Malaysia and Pakistan , growing in tropical and semi-tropical...