Succeeds in dry soils and in poor soils. * An attractive garden flower, blooms in May or June, 1 1/2" flowers, several per stem. * Plants can be grown on walls. * Prefers a neutral to slightly alkaline soil in a sunny well-drained position.
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 88
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 4
Quantity: 0.71 lb
Common Name: Spring Beauty Carnation, Feathered Pink
Aralia japonica Thunb., A. The leaves are spirally-arranged, large, 20–50 cm (7.9–20 in) in width and on a petiole up to 50 cm (20 in) long, leathery, palmately lobed, with 7–9 broad lobes, divided to half or two-thirds of the way to the base of...
* It is still used medicinally in the present day; however, there are adverse effects that limit its use. * Lobelia inflata is an annual or biennial herbaceous plant growing to 15–100 cm (5.9–39.4 in) tall, with stems covered in tiny hairs.
It has been introduced into North America , New Zealand and Australia . * Dactylis glomerata , Orchard Grass , Cocksfoot or Cocksfoot Grass , is a common grass , native to Europe , Asia , and North Africa .
Seeds Per Pound: 344,940
Common Name: Orchardgrass, Orchard Grass, Cocksfoot Grass, Cock's Foot
* In their great first voyage to the New World, Christopher Columbus and his expedition were introduced to a plant whose smoke was called tobacco by the natives of Hispaniola. Temperatures of 20–30 °C (68–86 °F) are best for adequate growth; an...
Succeeds in dense shade. * Insubstantial purplish or yellow flowers in early to mid summer; more impressive are the large pods that split open to reveal clusters of scarlet or orange-red seeds that remain until midwinter; likes lime; native to western...
Common Name: Gladwin Iris, Gladdon, Roast Beef Plant, Stinking Iris
* Very amenable to trimming, this species is often grown as a hedge in N. * Ilex crenata ( Japanese Holly or Box-leaved Holly ; Japanese : inutsuge ) is a species of holly native to eastern China , Japan , Korea , Taiwan , and Sakhalin .
They are an aid to digestion and so are often used with heavy, oily foods. They impart a sausage-like flavour to savoury dishes. * A very common herb, the strongly aromatic leaves are used as a flavouring in cooked foods.
Botanical Name: Salvia officinalis
Common Name: Common Sage, Kitchen Sage, Sage, Garden Sage, Broadleaf Sage
They should be harvested in the spring before the plant comes into flower. It is native throughout the cooler regions of the Northern Hemisphere in Europe , northern Asia , and northern North America .
* Something like a 6" wide daisy, with this difference: it is stemless, growing prostrate on the ground; blooms in May or June; coarse, deeply lobed leaves; likes a scree soil; a rock garden plant or curiosity native to the Mediterranean.
* This plant is an anti-infective herb that lowers fevers and reduces pain. * This species of bugbane is an upright perennial that features ferny, deeply-cut, deep green, 2-3 ternate leaves on branched stems which form a foliage clump typically growing...
In the author's opinion a recognition above the rank of subspecies does not seem to be justified. 1972, Qureshi & Chaudhri, l.c. (Fig. In Bhutan and Tibet, the tetraploid cytotype seems to r eplace the diploid one as described here.
Crop Year: 2008
Common Name: Black Snake Root, Bugbane, Foetid Bugbane
Associated understory plants include swordfern, vanilla leaf, violets, redwood sorrel and salal. * Near California shores, it is common under coast redwood. * It occurs in parts of the western United States and western Canada, usually in rich forest.
They are taken both internally and externally in the treatment of syphilitic, cancerous and other foul ulcers. Growing usually on the margins of woodland areas, it is native to Eastern, Southern and Central Europe .
* Edelweiss (pronounced /?e?d?lva?s/ ; Leontopodium alpinum ), is one of the best-known European mountain flowers , belonging to the sunflower family (Asteraceae). The name comes from German edel (meaning noble ) and weiss (meaning white ).
* This Heirloom variety has been around over 100 years , has long deep green leaves high in iron, vitamins and antioxidants. It is native to central and southwestern Asia . It is great fresh in salads or steamed.
Quantity: 0.8 lb
Botanical Name: Spinacia oleracea Bloomsdale Long Standing
A very ornamental plant. The plants are very cold tolerant, but they can be damaged when dormant if the soil is too moist. * The species, from central Europe and Russia, has blue-purple, lavender, or white flowers, but there are dozens of cultivars, in...
Common names include Strelitzia , Crane Flower or Bird of Paradise , though these names are also collectively applied to other species in the genus Strelitzia . * Strelitzia reginae is a monocotyledonous flowering plant indigenous to South Africa .
Common Name: Queen's Bird-of-Paradise, Bird-of-paradise, Queen's Bird-of Paradise
* Cupressus pigmaea ( Mendocino Cypress ) is a taxon of disputed status in the genus Cupressus endemic to certain coastal terraces and coastal mountain ranges of Mendocino and Sonoma Counties in northwestern California .
* The leaves lose their flavour if the are cooked for any length of time and so are best used raw or added to cooked dishes only a few minutes before the cooking is complete. * The leaves are eaten raw or cooked, used as a flavouring in salads etc.
* Curled Dock ( Rumex crispus ), also known as Curly Dock, Yellow Dock, Sour Dock, Narrow Dock , sometimes as "narrow-leaved dock" (which properly refers to a variant of Sorrel ), and ambiguously as " garden patience " , is a perennial flowering plant...
Plants normally grow with one unbranched stem in the wild, but often produce multi-stemmed clumps in gardens. Pallida is similar to E. Angustifolia , but plants often grow taller, ranging from 1.5 to 2.5 ft (45 to 75 cm) tall, with some growing 3 feet...
While you're there, from 1500-2500 m the forest is mixed with Pinus tecunumanii and Pinus pseudostrobus var. Oocarpa was introduced for commercial production of wood for the paper industry: in Ecuador, Kenya, Zambia, Colombia, Bolivia, Queensland (Australia),...
Germination Test Type: cut
Seeds Per Pound: 24,516
Common Name: Oocarpa Pine, Ocote Chino, Mexican Yellow Pine, Hazelnut Pine