* Liriope muscari is a species of low, herbaceous flowering plants from East Asia . Hardy to at least -15°c. Requires a sunny position. Common names in English include lilyturf, big blue lilyturf, border grass, and monkey grass.
The flowers are small, white, borne in dense terminal compound umbels in late autumn or early winter, followed by small black fruit. Japonica have been shown to effectively remove gaseous formaldehyde from indoor air.
Common Name: Japanese Fatsia, Paperplant, Japanese Aralia
As an evergreen hedge, plant 2-4 feet apart, as individual specimens plant 6-8' apart. However, you need a male plant for pollination. NOTE: Female plants produce berries. Planting instructions with order.
* Prefers a neutral to slightly alkaline soil in a sunny well-drained position. Succeeds in dry soils and in poor soils. * An attractive garden flower, blooms in May or June, 1 1/2" flowers, several per stem.
Height: 12-16 inches
Cultivar: Spring Beauty
Common Name: Spring Beauty Carnation, Feathered Pink
* In their great first voyage to the New World, Christopher Columbus and his expedition were introduced to a plant whose smoke was called tobacco by the natives of Hispaniola. The dried leaves can also be used, they remain effective for 6 months after...
Quantity: 0.01 lb
Seeds Per Pound: 6,400,000
Common Name: Cultivated Tobacco, Little Crittenden Tobacco
It is easy to grow in average garden soil, and is tolerant of heat and cold. It can also be planted along a fence or utilized as an edger along a property line. This choice evergreen has beautiful blue-green foliage that shimmers in sunny garden areas.
The tree is up to 14 m (46 ft) tall and wide and bushy when cultivated. * Taxus chinensis is a species of yew. The leaves are up to 4 centimeters (11?2 inches) long—broader than those of most other yews—and often end in a very small, sharp point.
* Linaria maroccana is a species of flowering plant in the plantain family known by the common name Moroccan toadflax . It is native to Morocco , but it can be found elsewhere growing wild as an introduced species , such as California .
Order plenty to fill your landscaping needs. You receive well-rooted, hand-selected 8-12'', 3-year-old trees. Douglas Firs are very dark and can grow very tall. These trees are carefully inspected to insure their safe arrival to you.
* The common name of bugbane is in reference to the odoriferous insect repellant properties of this plant. The root is analgesic, antibacterial, antiviral, depurative, diaphoretic, diuretic, febrifuge, sedative, tonic.
* This species provides one of the most important and sought-after softwoods of Mexico. Its temperature needs fluctuate between 19 to 10°C on average a year. This tree accepts from subtropical to cool climate.
* A very ornamental plant, it should be planted into its permanent position as soon as possible because it dislikes root disturbance. Its leaves resemble those of an Ash tree. When the plant is bruised, this smell becomes more like fine balsam.
It is a fairly short variety, growing only to 3 feet high. Integrifolia bears nodding, urn-shaped blue flowers in summer that are 1.5 inches wide. * Native to shrubby areas, meadows and stream banks from central Europe to Russia and China, solitary clematis...
A very safe herb to use, it is suitable for the old and the young and especially useful when the patient is debilitated. A gently warming and tonic herb, it is especially effective in treating coughs, consumption, bronchitis and many other complaints...
* The fruit is not at all insipid, it has a very strong spicy taste of germolene, just like being in a hospital waiting room. * An evergreen groundcover, a source of wintergreen oil; 1/4" very light pink or pinkish white flowers in summer, scarlet fruit;...
* Requires an acid humus-rich soil, succeeding in part shade or in full sun in cooler areas. * The narrow evergreen leaves, pale on the underside, have a tendency to form groups of threes, standing upright when newly put forth, but bent downward with...
It has been introduced into North America , New Zealand and Australia . * The plant can be grown for biomass, annual productivity ranges from 2 to 37 tonnes per hectare. If soil fertility is low, a large portion of the total production occurs in the spring,...
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 671
Botanical Name: Dactylis glomerata Potomac
Height: 8-48 inches
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 5
Common Name: Orchardgrass, Orchard Grass, Cocksfoot Grass, Cock's Foot
The flowers have a strong clove-like scent. * Dianthus barbatus ( Sweet William ) is a species of Dianthus native to the mountains of southern Europe from the Pyrenees east to the Carpathians and the Balkans , with a variety disjunct in northeastern China...
* It is a perennial which grows between 30 and 120 cm (47 in), flowering from June until July. Rather slow to establish. Adapted to cool climates as a cool seasons turfgrass. It has a short ligule compared to other grasses, and is an important forage...
When pureed it is said to rival the best spinach purees. The leaves should be used before the plant starts to flower. The cooked young shoots, harvested when about 5cm long, have a flavour similar to green peas but with a slight bitterness.
The aromatic leaves have a very nice flavour that is somewhat liquorice-like. * The leaves can also be harvested in late summer and dried for later use. The young shoots can also be cooked and used as a potherb.
* The plant is part of a North American formula called essiac which is a popular treatment for cancer. * Rheum palmatum , known as Turkey rhubarb , Chinese rhubarb , ornamental rhubarb , and East Indian rhubarb , is a plant in the family Polygonaceae...
* Compound leaves with leaflets in threes grow on fleshy green to pink stems up to 3 feet (0.9 m). Flowers are heart-shaped and 1–2 inches (3–5 cm) long, with pink outer petals and white inner petals , hanging in a horizontal raceme .
* Seeds are started after all danger of frost is past and the soil is warm or within 3–4 weeks before the predicted last frost date in the area. * It is a winter squash with distinctive longitudinal ridges and sweet, yellow-orange flesh.