Low-growing evergreen. Thrives in full sun or partial shade in any well-drained soil, very drought resistant! Plant 3' apart in staggered rows. Spreads to form a dense mat 4-5' wide and only 4-6'' high.
They are an aid to digestion and so are often used with heavy, oily foods. Modern cultivars include leaves with purple, rose, cream, and yellow in many variegated combinations. * A very common herb, the strongly aromatic leaves are used as a flavouring...
* Surface sow the seed in March in a greenhouse. * In the laboratory it is a model organism, for example containing the gene DEFICIENS which provides the letter "D" in the acronym MADS-box for a family of genes which are important in plant development.
* Soapwort's main medicinal use is as an expectorant. Other common names are Bouncing Bet and Sweet William; locally it is simply "the Soapwort" although there are about 20 species of soapworts altogether.
Tecunumanii is equal to or less than P. Pinus oocarpa var. It has been cultivated in several suptropical parts of the world for paper industry. Patula, less than that of P. It occurs in two separated populations in their native habitats.
Seeds Per Pound: 34,958
Common Name: Tecun Uman Pine, Schwerdtfeger's Pine, Pino Ocote, Pinabete, Ocote de Caretilla
It eventually matures to a height of 6' tall and 1' wide making it an ideal choice for smaller gardens where space is limited. This choice evergreen has beautiful blue-green foliage that shimmers in sunny garden areas.
* Aristolochia serpentaria is a species of perennial flowering plant in the Aristolochiaceae (birthwort) family. It is used in a number of proprietary medicines for treating skin, circulatory and kidney disorders.
Common Name: Virginia Snake Root, Virginia Snakeroot
Drought tolerant and deer resistant. This fast growing evergreen develops naturally in the ''rocket'' shape without any pruning or staking and reaches about 15' at maturity. Growing only 2-3' wide, this stately, columnar juniper makes the perfect addition...
The color is a beautiful dark green with fine leaf texture. * It withstands drought and heat very well. * Typically, this species of grass has a long growing season and ranges between 2 to 4 feet (1.2 m) tall in seedhead stage.
* The foxglove is a widely used herbal medicine with a recognised stimulatory effect upon the heart. * The plant is popular as a garden subject, and numerous cultivars have been developed with a range of colours from white through pink to purple.
It is native to East Asia (such as China , Korea , Japan , and East Siberia ) and bears big blue flowers, although varieties with white and pink flowers are in cultivation. This species is known as platycodon or Chinese bellflower .
And National Herbarium, Pakistan Agricultural Research Council, Islamabad, Pakistan. With long flattened ± patent scales. Ex Royle Stout perennial, 40-100(-200) cm high. Leave ternately pinnate or biternate, the lower ones with a long, the upper ones...
Germination Test Type: cut
Common Name: Black Snake Root, Bugbane, Foetid Bugbane
* All parts of these plants are considered toxic to humans, causing severe digestive discomfort if ingested, and also skin irritation. The main flowering stem is erect. * The leaves are deeply lobed with 3 to 7 toothed, pointed lobes in a palmate shape.
* The leaves are very rich in vitamins and minerals, especially iron and the vitamins A and C. * A perennial weed, to most, with long curly leaves; develops a deep taproot; seed turns brown and remains conspicuous in winter; birdfood, native to Europe...
The nodding, blue to reddish-purple flowers are solitary on short branches from the axils of three-parted leaves. * An excellent garden plant for areas east of the Cascades. * A slender-stemmed, sometimes creeping, semi-woody perennial that may attain...
* The large leaves, up to 1 foot long, are interesting. * Does well along woods edges as a background plant in perennial gardens. * Flowering period during the summer is long, attrracting many pollinators.
Taxol has shown exciting potential as an anti-cancer drug, particularly in the treatment of ovarian cancers. Usually of conical form; Hortus says it's the typical species. The habit is pleasingly pyramidal.
It can be trimmed so long as it is not cut back into old wood. The surviving trees from this forest are as old as 2000 years. These two small populations represent what was once a very large forest on the west coast.
Like all the Sarracenia , it is native to the New World and inhabits moist and low-nutrient longleaf pine ( Pinus palustris ) savannas along the United States Gulf Coast , generally west of the Apalachicola River on the Florida Panhandle .