A nice ground cover for dry shade. Slowly spreading, 10 in. Herbaceous ground cover, producing bright blue, phlox like flowers from late summer to fall. Tall ground cover with green foliage, turning a rich red color in autumn.
* The flower heads dry well and the plant will self seed if the flowers heads are left in the garden. * This bulb forming perennial produces short lived sword shaped leaves followed by flower spikes having huge umbels of fushia colored flowers at the...
* This late summer blooming Japanese anemone is a native of China that grows up to 2' tall and features 2-3" diameter, slightly-cupped flowers which have 5 (infrequently 6-7) rose-pink, sepal-like petals and a prominent center ring of yellow stamens.
Common Name: Chinese Anemone, Japanese Thimbleweed
It thrives well in heavy loam in England (Bowley, l.c.). According to Bowley (l.c. 176) it is disturbing that it is only known to be growing wild in the valley of Kashmir, for, with so limited a location there must be some anxiety that it might disappear...
Best massed as a ground cover or as an edging for paths and other walkways. The blooms are held on erect, showy spikes above the leaves. Deep purple flowers adorn the deep green, grass like foliage in late summer.
Hardiness Zone: 6 (-10 to 0 F),7 (0 to 10 F),8 (10 to 20 F),9 (20 to 30 F)
Flower scapes 20–90 cm. Longibracteata Xiong: 20–35 cm. Middendorfii: To 90 cm. Flowers 5–6, golden yellow to clear orange, large in a terminal head. Flowers in July for 2–3 weeks and often reblooms in September.Two varieties are recognized: var.
Common Name: Amur Daylily, Chinese Daylilly, Middendorf Daylilly, Daylily
* Gentian root has a long history of use as a herbal bitter in the treatment of digestive disorders and is an ingredient of many proprietary medicines. Other names include 'Yellow Gentian', 'Bitter Root', 'Bitterwort', 'Centiyane', and 'Genciana'.
* Often grown in the flower garden, feverfew is a short lived perennial but usually self-sows prolifically. Thrives in any kind of soil, plants can even be grown in walls. * It is also commonly seen in the literature by its synonyms, Chrysanthemum parthenium...
* Prefers well-drained soil. * Performs better than Campanula in Southern gardens. * Many Adenophora species have been used in traditional Chinese medicine. * Adenophora (Lilyleaf Ladybell) is a genus of flowering plant within the family Campanulaceae.
They bloom from late spring to early summer . * The plant most of us think of as Bleeding Heart; extremely popular, and for good reason; each arching spike, often held horizontally, is lined with an elegant row of pink and white "hearts"; flowers in May...
* The narrow, divided leaves are almost thread-like and grow close together on the stems. The flowers are red and scented with numerous yellow stamens in the centre. * This peony can reach between 30 and 60 centimeters in height.
Members of this genus are rarely if ever troubled by browsing deer or rabbits. Plant the roots out very shallowly. Grows well in heavy clay soils. * The species, from central Europe and Russia, has blue-purple, lavender, or white flowers, but there are...
Belamcanda chinensis , Belamcanda punctata Moench , Gemmingia chinensis ( L. The seed germinates in 2 - 8 weeks at 20°c. ) is an ornamental plant in the Iridaceae family. * Easily grown in average, medium, well-drained soils in full sun.
* Eremurus robustus is a plant native to the Tien Shan and Pamir Mountains in central Asia that is often used as an ornamental plant. * The plant was introduced from Central Asia in 1874 and is popular in gardens.
* An herbaceous perennial, erect; with 3/4"white or pinkish fragrant flowers in terminal clusters and in the leaf axils; blooms throughout summer; spreads by creeping rhizomes; roots used as a soap substitute; grows on roadsides; native to Europe, but...
Karma Dahlias were bred for the cut flower market and produce straight, dark green, strong stems and flowers that open together on a branch. Growing dahlias is very easy when grown from our tubers (bulbs) and we guarantee them to grow and bloom.
✓ Exceptional color
✓ Excellent vase life
Sun Tolerance: Part Sun
Best Time to Plant: Spring
Annual / Perennial: Annual
Hardiness Zone: 10 (30 to 40 F),11 (40 to 50 F),9 (20 to 30 F)
Flowers on 38 in. It reliably produces up to 8 long-lasting, huge 10 in. Though they may need staking in windy locations, they make excellent cut flowers for indoor enjoyment. Stems in late July through early August.
Wildlife Attracted: Butterflies
Botanical name: lilium oriental casa blanca: Yes
Hardiness Zone: 3 (-40 to -30 F),4 (-30 to -20 F),5 (-20 to -10 F),6 (-10 to 0 F),7 (0 to 10 F),8 (10 to 20 F)
Collection consists of: 3 sedum Herbstfreude, 5 Asclepias Milkweed, 5 Tritoma Red Hot Poker, 5 Eryngium planum Sea Holly, 5 Monarda Beauty Of Cobham and 5 Purple Coneflowers. Please do your part and help sustain the pollinator populations.
Lilies are one of the truly great garden plants, as they are beloved by gardeners everywhere. Stargazer lilies are very fragrant and are probably the best known of all lilies. The lilium family is so large, varied, and complex that it is challenging to...
✓ Lilies are deer and critter resistant
✓ Lilies prefer cool soil, which argues for shade at their feet from low growing companions, when cutting the flowers for bouquets, remove no more than 1/3 of the stem so sufficient leaves remain to renew the bulb for the coming year
✓ Excellent cut flower
✓ Plant in well-drained soil where they will receive 6 to 8 hours of sun a day, they are winter hardy and considered a strong perennial that can be left in the ground and will re-bloom year after year if the conditions are right, keep them mulched well
Elephant Ear bulbs are among the most eye catching of all bulbs and are grown for their foliage, which is reminiscent of an elephant's ears Not only are they one of the largest flowering bulbs, but they are also very versatile and can grow with little...
✓ Plants love water so much that you can even plant them in ponds, never let the soil dry out
✓ Plant outdoors only after soil and night temperatures have warmed up above 60°F
One cannot help but feel energized and happy when entering a colorful spring garden, ready to explore the smells, sounds, and colors. Collection consists of: 12 Tulips Praestans Unicum, 25 Ranunculus Double Red, and 6 Radiata Lycoris.
✓ Bulb size 8/12 cm
✓ Flower bulbs are the indispensable blooms of the spring garden, as they bring it to life
Common Name: Assorted Mix
Blossom Color Family: Reds / Pinks
Growth Habit: Variety
Hardiness Zone: 4 (-30 to -20 F),5 (-20 to -10 F),6 (-10 to 0 F),7 (0 to 10 F)
Papaver croceum, P. In particular, P. Macounii ) is a boreal flowering plant. Miyabeanum , and P. * A perennial poppy with 2-3" pink, red, orange, greenish, or yellow fragrant flowers; most of the leaves are basal; native to Eurasia and to North America...