It spreads rapidly by root suckers and stolons . * Anemone sylvestris ( snowdrop anemone ) is a perennial plant flowering in spring, native to meadows and dry deciduous woodlands of central and western Europe .
The Double Rangoon Creeper is a highly sought after vigorous twining climber that flowers profusely throughout the growing summer. The flowers attract hummingbird moths early in the day and bees and other pollinators once the flower color deepens.
Container Size: 4.5 inch / 20 fl.oz. / 591 ml
pH Range: Acidic, Mildly Acidic, Neutral
Fertilizing: Once growth commences in spring until midsummer.
Indoor Light: Direct sunlight
USDA Cold Hardiness Zones: 9,10,11, (8B?)
Soil & Moisture: Well-drained, moderately fertile, average moist soils. Dryer in dormancy.
Carefree Beauty is considered to be moderately fragrant. A very floriferous and disease resistant rose, one of our favorites and also selected as an Earthkind rose. Large, lightly fragrant, double, rich pink flowers, which lighten with age and with a...
It makes part of the undergrowth of the Mississippi river valley, and is found most frequently on rocky slopes. * A small tree but often a shrub of a few spreading stems. * Ptelea trifoliata is the second-northernmost New World representative of the Rue...
Quantity: 3.93 lb
Common Name: Hop Tree, Common Hoptree, Wafer Ash, Stinking Ash
   These consist of four large and four small subgenera. "Rhododendron L., rhododendron and azalea." p. London: L Reeve & Co . Classification of genus Rhododendron . (1 species: Rhododendron albiflorum ) ( Discontinued, moved to section Sciadorhodion,...
Kinmokusei ; also known as Sweet Olive, Tea Olive and Fragrant Olive) is a species of Osmanthus native to Asia , from the Himalaya east through southern China ( Guizhou , Sichuan , Yunnan ) and to Taiwan and to southern Japan .
* Flora of China states: Shrubs to 6 m. Corolla pale purple to purple-red, 1.2-1.8 cm; tube funnel-form, 1-1.4 cm; lobes oblong-ovate to ovate, upright or spreading. Petiole 1-3 cm, glabrous or pubescent; leaf blade elliptic-oblong, elliptic, or obovate-oblong,...
* A good hedging plant, it is very tolerant of trimming. * Syringa josikaea ( Hungarian Lilac ) is a species of Lilac , native to central and eastern Europe , in the Carpathian Mountains in Hungary , Romania , and western Ukraine .
Large, 4-7'', clusters of fragrant brilliant white flowers are borne in spring as the rich green new growth emerges. Durability, toughness, and vigor lend this tree to use as a street tree or practically anywhere in the garden.
* Paeonia wittmanniana , also known as Wittmann's peony , is a perennial peony native to the southern Transcaucasian region, and is closely related to Paeonia mlokosewitschii . Paeonia wittmanniana filaments are red and up to 1 cm long and its anthers...
* Elaeagnus commutata ( American Silverberry or Wolf-willow ), is a species of Elaeagnus native to western North America , from southern Alaska through British Columbia east to Manitoba , and south to Utah and across the upper Midwestern United States...
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 14
Height: 3-12 feet
Botanical Name: Elaeagnus commutata
Seeds Per Pound: 3,348
Common Name: Silverberry, American Silverberry, Wolf-willow, Wolf Willow
* A sprawling plant unless staked, perhaps best for romping through a semi-wild border; small blue flowers in considerable numbers in midsummer; full sun or part shade, persistent once established; native to China.
Collection Locale: Pennsylvania
Common Name: Tube Clematis, Hyacinth-flower Clematis, Bush Clematis
Oleanders are extremely durable and reliable evergreen shrubs for mild winter climates and are especially well adapted to the mild coastal regions of the US. Salt tolerant, drought resistant, deer resistant, and adaptable to a variety of soil types although...
The eastern border of the species range is not quite clear, as the correlation between morphological characters and chromosome numbers are still doubtful from Emura's Papers. 1:30, 1972, Conventry, Wild Flow.
Collection Locale: Russia
Height: 2-3 feet
Common Name: Black Snake Root, Bugbane, Foetid Bugbane
An easily grown cactus-like plant with 1.5-2" wide, flat, scalloped branches to 8'. Like the name implies this Epiphyllum really is Just Beautiful! This hybrid orchid cactus produces 6-8" wide, deep orange flowers than may remain open for 2-3 days.
The White Four O'Clock is perfectly suited for moon or moth gardens as well as the fragrant garden. They do reseed readily and will happily colonize an area and spread if given the opportunity and so should be given their own area of the garden.
Somewhat drought resistant once well-established and is even suitable for coastal plantings as long as it doesn't receive direct salt spray. The Confederate Jasmines can be used to cover an arbor, as a screen on a fence or trellis, or even as a deep ground...
Salt Tolerance: Moderate to High
Native To / Origin: China, Korea, Japan
Outdoor Light: Full sun, Part sun, Part shade, Light shade
* The seed can be sprouted and added to salads. Typically the first year of growth produces a mound of foliage and flowering occurs the second year, plants are normally biennials but a number of races can be short lived perennials .
Silene chalcedonica ) is a flowering plant in the family Caryophyllaceae , native from central and eastern European Russia east to Kazakhstan , Mongolia and northwestern China . * Lychnis chalcedonica ( Burning Love , Dusky Salmon , Flower of Bristol...
Common Name: Jerusalem Cross, Burning Love, Dusky Salmon, Flower of Bristol, Maltese Cross, Nonesuch
Elegantly cupped fragrant rose-pink flowers are produced non-stop throughout the growing season on this floriferous and disease resistant tea rose. Duchesse de Brabant has an upright to vase shaped habit and makes an excellent specimen or use it in mass...
Large clusters of lightly fragrant, bright orange-red trumpet shaped flowers sit atop sturdy stems in spring. 'Naughty Lady' and 'Voodoo' Amaryllis are considered to be the same. One of the very best for use in gardens, Voodoo Amaryllis is equal to the...
This winter hardy, SUB-ZERO ROSE variety requires little care and little to no spraying. It is a vigorous grower and has no mid summer slump. The Maria Stern is a velvety, orange-apricot colored rose with non-fade blooms and a spicy fragrance.
The cultivar 'Water Lily' is considered to be distinct from the 'Waterlily' cultivars. Water Lily has a higher petal count and the flowers open one to a few weeks after most other Star Magnolias but still before the spring foliage emerges making this...