Angel's Trumpet ‘Tickled Pink' (Brugmansia hybrid) This gorgeous double flower has the flower-within- a-flower form and a very full skirt at the base with fancy, curly tails. By the end of summer when the days are cooler, the color deepens to an even...
* Remove dead flowers to extend the flowering period. * This double flowered variety is more compact than some and flowers thoughout the growing season. It is probably native to the Mediterranean region but its exact range is unknown due to extensive...
* The Sweet Pea has long been a favorite of gardeners because of the wonderful fragrance of the large clusters of colorful blue,pink,purple,red or white flowers. * Sweet pea ( Lathyrus odoratus ) is a flowering plant in the genus Lathyrus in the family...
Endemic to China. * Herbaceous perennial with linear arching leaves to 60 cm. Longibracteata Xiong: 20–35 cm. * The flower buds contain about 43mg vitamin C per 100g, 983 IU vitamin A and 3.1% protein.
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 3
Height: 2-3 ft
Botanical Name: Hemerocallis middendorffii
Collection Locale: Vladivostok, Russia
Common Name: Amur Daylily, Chinese Daylilly, Middendorf Daylilly, Daylily
* Mirabilis jalapa (The four o'clock flower or marvel of Peru ) is the most commonly grown ornamental species of Mirabilis , and is available in a range of colours. * Very fragrant trumpet-shaped flowers, 1-2" red, pink, yellow, white, or variously mottled...
In 2005, based on molecular DNA sequence evidence, Belamcanda chinensis , the sole species in the genus Belamcanda , was transferred to the genus Iris and renamed Iris domestica . * Flowers give way to pear-shaped seed pods which split open when ripe...
Quantity: 1.09 lb
Botanical Name: Belamcanda chinensis
Seeds Per Pound: 16,344
Common Name: Blackberry-lily, Blackberry Lily, Leopard Lily, Leopard flower
* The flower heads dry well and the plant will self seed if the flowers heads are left in the garden. * The flower heads are 8-12 inches in diameter and are very showy. * This bulb forming perennial produces short lived sword shaped leaves followed by...
* Primula denticulata , commonly known as Drumstick primrose or the Himalayan Primrose is a species of primrose that is native to moist alpine regions and Afghanistan to China . However it is commonly cultivated in gardens away from its native range.
Quantity: 0.00442 lb
Common Name: Drumstick Primrose, Drumstick Primula
Late spring and early summer provide a show of sweetly fragrant, star-shaped, white flowers in loose clusters. A very low maintenance vine once well-established with a twining habit, although it is able to climb many of our southern pine species without...
Multiplies readily and often readily reseed. Use rainlilies at the front of the border, as an accent plant, in rock gardens, or along stepping stones and walks. With arching to upright narrow strap-like foliage and excellent durability rainlilies make...
Multiplies readily but not invasively. Most Gingers need 2-4 hours of cool direct sunlight (i.e. early morning sunlight or filtered shade throughout the day). The 4-5' high stems are adorned with large medium green tropical foliage.
Salt Tolerance: Slight to Moderate
Outdoor Light: AM sun, Filtered shade, Part sun, Part shade, Light shade
They also make easy to enjoy container plants that can be overwintered indoors. For a reference using this common name applied to B. Arborea see Success With Flowers, A Floral Magazine, Volumes 9-10 in the section titled " Brugmansia Arborea” on page...
Pruning: Remove dead wood and reshape overwintered plants in spring just before or once new growth begins.
Soil & Moisture: Average moist to moist, well-draining, humus-rich, moderately fertile soils. Never soggy wet.
Grows To: 6-9'H x 3-7'W
Outdoor Light: Full sun(with midday shade in S), Part sun, Part shade
* Hesperis matronalis grows 100 cm or taller, with multiple upright hairy stems. * A biennial with pretty four-petaled fragrant flowers in loose clusters, white to purplish and everything in between; the main flowering is in May in New York state; native...
This is an old garden favorite, easy and reliable. For an excellent article on adding gingers and other tropicals to your Louisiana garden (or other south central or southeastern garden) see " Louisiana Gardeners Enjoy a Taste of the Tropics " by Dan...
Soil & Moisture: Moist, wet, to average moist, moderately fertile soils. Suitable for bog gardens and at water's edge. Somewhat resistant to drought once well-established if mulched.
In full sun they may very well produce a 'near' red orange flower color, under light shade they are still a soft orange, in very low light conditions without even indirect sunlight to activate the pigments the flower color can be a very pale orange.
pH Range: Acidic, Mildly Acidic, Neutral
Soil & Moisture: Average moist, well-drained, moderately fertile soils.
* With its small but abundant flowers it can colour a whole hillside white, almost giving the appearance of snow cover. Plant out in late spring or early summer, after the last expected frosts, and give some protection from the cold for their first winter...
Noxious weed in California. It is the sole species in the genus Spartium , but is closely related to the other brooms in the genera Cytisus and Genista . * Very fragrant pea like bright-yellow flowers in pendulous racemes to 18", in summer; blue-green...
Akebia has the potential to be invasive in some regions, particularly the eastern US, please plant and dispose of plant parts responsibly. For the best fruit production it is best to plant two different varieties or seedlings and some recommend hand pollination...
Soil & Moisture: Average moist, well-drained soils. Moderately drought resistant once well-established.
Outdoor Light: Full sun, Part sun, Part shade, Filtered shade
* Paeonia wittmanniana is up to 1.5 m tall. Above the plant is glabrous and dark green; below it is lighter green, glaucescent , with white hairs especially crowded along the veins, and the lower leaves are biternate .
* A sprawling plant unless staked, perhaps best for romping through a semi-wild border; small blue flowers in considerable numbers in midsummer; full sun or part shade, persistent once established; native to China.
* Excellent as a fresh cut flower and for dried arrangements. * Native to the Mediterranean region, statice (also commonly called notchleaf status) is noted for producing clusters of papery, funnel-shaped flowers in summer.