Young branchlets green, becoming gray, glabrous or pubescent. Panicles erect, terminal, 5-30 × 3-18 cm; rachis, pedicel, and calyx villous or pubescent, occasionally subglabrous. * Flora of China states: Shrubs to 6 m.
The white flowers bloom in spring and summer and are highly fragrant. * It has been in cultivation in China for at least a thousand years, and was introduced to English gardens in the mid 18th century.
It has been mixed with other medicines in order to give added potency. * The root-bark is anthelmintic, antibacterial, antiperiodic, stomachic and tonic. * A small tree but often a shrub of a few spreading stems.
Can be planted in full sun or partial shade. Sensation is smaller than most lilacs growing to a mature height of 10-15' with a spread of 10-12'. Create a sensation in your yard with the Sensation Lilac.
* Unlike Carolina allspice, its flowers have no fragrance. Camellia-like flowers (to 4” diameter) with blush-pink to white outer tepals, yellow inner tepals with maroon markings and a mounded ring of yellow stamens bloom near the shoot ends for a month...
* Can be treated as an annual in colder areas. * It is a mound-forming evergreen shrub growing to 50 cm (20 in) tall by 2 m (6 ft 7 in) or more, with woolly grey-green leaves and dull white flowerheads in late summer.
* This is an interesting species rose due to it's abundant musky smelling yellow flowers and interesting red hips in autumn. * Wild roses often have better resistance to diseases and insects than many of the hybrid roses sold in commerce today.
* Clump-forming tree or shrub, stems extremely prickly, lacy white flower panicles; leaves to 2-6' (that's feet, not inches)!! * The leaves usually have a number of slender prickles, they must be gathered before the prickles harden and are then chopped...
* A refreshing tea can be made from the young shoot tips. It is widespread particularly in coastal scrub and colonizing land recovering after a fire or reverting to a natural state after being used for agriculture.
The 3" late summer fragrant flowers are white with yellow centers. Flowers appear mid-summer to early fall, and may last as the tree's leaves change color. Dirr notes that it does better in the northern U.S. than the South.
Grows 4-5' tall and wide in full to partial sun. Drought tolerant once established and resistant to most pests. Hardy below 0° F! An exciting gardenia that can survive even in cold areas! Enjoy the intoxicating fragrance of gardenia May through June...
Gray bark fissures on older trees revealing an attractive orange inner layer and resulting winter interest. Flowers appear in May-June (somewhat late for trees) and give way to grayish-brown drupes which persist into late autumn.
Officinalis ) is a flowering plant in the family Lamiaceae , native to the western Mediterranean region , primarily in the Pyrenees and other mountains in northern Spain . * The essential oil that is obtained from the flowers is exquisitely scented and...
Germination Test Type: cut
Common Name: English Lavender, Common Lavender, True Lavender
Tolerates poor soils. Grows well in heavy clay soils. * A very easily grown plant, succeeding in any moderately fertile soil, and also in thin soils over chalk. Succeeds in semi-shade but prefers a position in full sun where it will flower more freely.
Single, white, fragrant flowers are produced in late winter, and this large shrub or small tree will reach a height of 20 feet with thin, upright, multiple trunks and branches. * This species looks much similar to Camellia sasanqua except the dark green,...
* Rubus odoratus ( Purple-flowering Raspberry , Flowering Raspberry , or Virginia raspberry ) is a species of Rubus , native to eastern North America , from Nova Scotia west to Ontario , and south to Georgia and Alabama .
Botanical Name: Rubus odoratus
Crop Year: 2017
Common Name: Purple-flowering Raspberry, Purpleflowering Raspberry
* Calycanthus were used as a traditional medicinal plant by Native Americans. * Calycanthus oil, distilled from the flowers, is an essential oil used in some quality perfumes. * The bark has a strong camphor smell that is released when stems are scraped.
Blooms mid-late season. Polar Night blooms mid-late season and is a compact 3' tall by 6' wide. We are pleased to offer you a very unusual find in rhododendrons. When just beginning to show color the flowerbuds on Polar Night Rhododendron are so dark...
The most common cause of plant death after transplanting is planting the new plant to deep. Pruning has been described as a “combination of art and science.” I find pruning to be one of the most relaxing yet rewarding chores in the garden.
Flower scapes 20–90 cm. Flowers yellow, fragrant with lanceolate tepals. Flowers 5–6, golden yellow to clear orange, large in a terminal head. Flowers in July for 2–3 weeks and often reblooms in September.Two varieties are recognized: var.
* A good hedging plant, it is very tolerant of trimming. * Syringa josikaea ( Hungarian Lilac ) is a species of Lilac , native to central and eastern Europe , in the Carpathian Mountains in Hungary , Romania , and western Ukraine .
* Mezereum has been used in the past for treating rheumatism and indolent ulcers, but because of its toxic nature it is no longer considered to be safe. * Lilac or rosy-purple wonderfully fragrant 1/2" flowers in early spring; red fruit in June; may be...
Quantity: 1.22 lb
Common Name: February Daphne, Paradise Plant, Mezereon
Devil's walkingstick ARSP2 Summary Duration Perennial Growth Habit Tree, Shrub Native Status L48 (N) Federal T/E Status National Wetland Indicator FAC, FACW- Morphology/Physiology Active Growth Period Spring and Summer After Harvest Regrowth Rate Bloat...
* Sarcococca confusa is a very adaptable and reliable shrub that is easily grown in many situations, including dense shade with very dry soil. It will however grow in full sun, even though the foliage appears to "bleach" a little.