It is widespread particularly in coastal scrub and colonizing land recovering after a fire or reverting to a natural state after being used for agriculture. * Seed - sow spring in a greenhouse and only just cover the seed.
It will however grow in full sun, even though the foliage appears to "bleach" a little. * Sarcococca confusa is a very adaptable and reliable shrub that is easily grown in many situations, including dense shade with very dry soil.
* It was the first magnolia to be scientifically described, and is the type species of the genus Magnolia ; as Magnolia is also the type genus of all flowering plants , this species can be seen to typify all flowering plants.
It can be grown as a hedge or as a specimen or foundation plant in the back of perennial garden. A very free blooming old garden rose which requires little care for the great rewards of color it provides.
* An upright bush with evergreen leaves; five-petaled very fragrant flowers at the tips of branches, throughout the year in hot areas; parents of this strain have pink flowers; doesn't mind wind, salt, poor soil; all parts of the plant are highly toxic;...
The Chinese Buttonbush is tolerant of moist to wet soils as well as light shade and partial shade but will also do quite well in full sun in average soils. Beautiful glossy dark green, fine textured foliage makes this tardily deciduous shrub attractive...
* The foliage is pungently scented, especially when wet. * The species is grown as an ornamental plant, both in its native area and elsewhere in temperate regions around the world * Buxus microphylla ( Japanese Box or Littleleaf Box ) is a species of...
Quantity: 0.55 lb
Height: 6-10 feet
Common Name: Littleleaf Box, Littleleaf Boxwood, Japanese Box
Pikake is Hawiian for Peacock ….So Hawaiian Peacock Jasmine = Pikake = Sambac Jasmine. The fragrant white waxy flower petals are used to flavor Jasmine tea and Jasmine rice. We recommend pruning Sambac Jasmine late winter before growth and flowering...
Outdoor Light: Full sun, Part sun, Part shade, Light shade
Established plants will flower continuously from late spring and into fall. Evergreen Wisteria is a non-invasive species, unlike the common Chinese Wisteria, and can be evergreen in mild winter climates (zones 9-10) but is generally deciduous elsewhere.
Provide your Clear Sky Passionvine with a full to mostly sunny location in a well-drained, fertile soil for the best results. Clear Sky Passion Flower is a complex tetraploid hybrid that was selected not only for its larger flowers and exceptional vigor,...
pH Range: Mildly Acidic, Neutral
Indoor Light: Direct sunlight, High
Grows To: 15-30'H+
USDA Cold Hardiness Zones: 8B,9,10,11
Native To / Origin: German Gardens - Roland Fischer, 2001
They do reseed readily and will happily colonize an area and spread if given the opportunity and so should be given their own area of the garden. The fragrant flowers open late in the afternoon and early evening and remain open until the early morning...
The Buttonbush can be successfully grown in average garden soils provided that it is given extra moisture during dry periods. The nectar rich flowers are followed by dark red round fruits to provide fall color for us to enjoy and decorative brown balls...
Deer Resistance: Occasionally to Frequently Bothered
* The fruit is also used as a hop substitute when making beer and it is added to yeast to make it rise more quickly when making bread. It makes part of the undergrowth of the Mississippi river valley, and is found most frequently on rocky slopes.
There seems to be very little information available about the Coosa Red Florida Anise beyond the fact that it is a compact growing form of this beautiful evergreen native shrub. Medium green leaves have a licorice scent when crushed.
* The flower buds and the seeds are carminative and diaphoretic. The leaves are ovate, bright green, 15 cm long and 8 cm wide. The 10–16 cm white flowers that emerge from early to late spring, while beautiful and thick with a citrus-lemon fragrance,...
The flowers are only open for a short time at night and are typically pollinated by bats and large moths. May be at their best when grown in hanging baskets where the flat arching stems and hanging flowers are held at eye and nose level.
S Gansu (Min Xian, Xigu), E Qinghai (Haiyan Xian, Xining Shi), E Xizang (Sog Xian) [Kazakhstan, Russia (Siberia); SE Europe (Bosnia, Croatia)]. Very worthy of greater use, especially in areas where flowering shrub choices are limited by lack of drought...
We have previously and mistakenly sold this under the name of Black Hoya, Hoya purpureo-fusca . This extremely easy-to-care-for species has long green leaves with silver speckles, and large clusters of waxy, dark pink to purple, fragrant blooms.
* A biennial with pretty four-petaled fragrant flowers in loose clusters, white to purplish and everything in between; the main flowering is in May in New York state; native to Europe, but naturalized and nearly ubiquitous in the open woodlands of the...
Features small pendulous clusters of bell-shaped, mildly fragrant, pale pink, long-stalked flowers (3/4" long) with showy yellow stamens. Typically grows 10-25' tall. * This Japanese snowbell cultivar is a shrubby, broad-topped, small tree or large shrub...
Quantity: 1.99 lb
Collection Locale: Pennsylvania
Germination Test Type: cut
Common Name: Japanese Snowbell, Pink Japanese Snowbell