Like most magnolias, it thrives best on acid soils. Its fragrant late flowers, following its stellata parent by a couple of weeks, escape unexpected late spring frosts, but appear on the bare branches, to great effect.
The flowers are produced before the leaves, as with most members of the Magnolia subgenus Yulania. Used for engraving, utensils, matches etc. * The wood is soft and light. It can take many years to produce the white flowers which are slightly fragrant...
Height: 40 feet
Common Name: Kobus Magnolia, Northern Japanese Magnolia
N and W Guangdong, NE and SE Guangxi, Guizhou, S and W Hunan, S Jiangxi, SE Yunnan [N Vietnam]. * Native to evergreen broad-leaved forests; 500-1700 m. * This species is grown as an ornamental and used for timber.
* It has gained the Royal Horticultural Society's Award of Garden Merit. * Silky camellia is a large, open-branched shrub growing up to 10 feet tall. * Silky camellia is an under-story woodland species with rich brown colored bark * It grows best in partial...
Quantity: 0.26 lb
Collection Locale: GA
Common Name: Silky Camellia, Silky Stewartia, Virginia Stewartia
* It is cultivated in Europe and North America as an ornamental tree, valued for its feathery white flowerheads. * Chionanthus retusus (Chinese Fringetree; Chinese: ??? * It is a deciduous shrub or small to medium-sized tree growing to 20 m in height,...
Germination Test Type: cut
Botanical Name: Chionanthus retusus
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 7
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 6
Common Name: Chinese Fringe Tree, Chinese Fringetree
The plant is anodyne and sedative. The leaves are ovate, bright green, 15 cm long and 8 cm wide. Bark is a coarse dark gray. * Lovely white fragrant flowers to 9"; flowers early, before leaves emerge, and blooms may be injured by frost; young plants upright,...
It is probably of hybrid origin between Prunus incisa and Prunus spachiana. * Higan cherry is a medium sized deciduous tree growing to 40-50' tall. * Prunus subhirtella, sometimes also called Spring Cherry, Higan cherry, or Rosebud cherry is a small...
* White flowers, with the seeds ripe from September to October. * This slow-growing deciduous tree grows from 6 to 9 metres high. * Of easy cultivation, it prefers a good moist well-drained soil, preferring a sunny position but tolerating some shade.
Carolina; native to southeast and south-central U.S. * Halesia diptera ( Two-winged Silverbell or Two-winged Snowdrop Tree ) is a species in the family Styracaceae , native to the southeastern United States from South Carolina and Florida west to eastern...
* Native to woodlands in central China, dove tree is a deciduous tree that typically grows 20-40' tall with a broad pyramidal habit. * A splendid sight in flower, a substantial tree covered with white bracts the size of a dove (8" x 4").
Common Name: Dove Tree, Ghost Tree, Laundry Tree, Handkerchief Tree
The resulting seedlings may or may not resemble the mother tree. * The seeds were collected from the cultivar Laciniata which is a cut leaved form. * Lime flowers are a popular domestic remedy for a number of ailments, especially in the treatment of colds...
There's so much you can do with this appealing dogwood . BUT don't dawdle on ideas when there's ONLY a limited supply of this brand new variety. Wait! Did you know that the blooms aren't actually flowers?
It tolerates low temperatures and heavy winds. * Lophozonia alpina, also called rauli or rauli beech (in Mapuche language) is a species of plant in the Fagaceae family. * At Nautesund in Norway where the extreme minimum annual temperature is -14°C, combined...
Libocedrus decurrens Torr.) is a species of conifer native to western North America , with the bulk of the range in the United States , from central western Oregon through most of California and the extreme west of Nevada , and also a short distance into...
Each spring green leaves emerge that come together in a V shape and the multiple short leaves provide the zen of an Asian garden. Simply plant them and be astonished by months of color before you know it.
Order yours today. Setting itself apart in the landscape, reddish-purple leaves are accompanied by clusters of wispy flowers that emerge like purple puffs of smoke. It's a show of color that begins in spring and lasts all summer long.
This involves storing the fruit in a cool dry place until it is almost but not quite going rotten. The fruit will often begin its bletting process whilst still on the tree and we have eaten delicious fruits straight from the tree in mid-September.
Tolerates light shade. It is native to eastern Asia, growing in the mountains of central Taiwan, and locally in southwest China and adjoining Myanmar and northern Vietnam. The tallest individual ever found measures about 65 meters high.
Crop Year: 2017
Common Name: Chinese Coffin Tree, Coffin Tree, Taiwania
* Persea palustris , commonly known as the swampbay , is a tree native to eastern North America, from Texas eastwards to Florida and then extending north to Delaware, mostly on the Gulf Coastal Plain and Atlantic Coastal Plain but extending into the Piedmont...
* Typically used for timber, landscaping and maple syrup production. * Very Similar to Sugar Maple. * Native to the Midwestern United States, portions of the Eastern United States, and the southeast of Canada in southern Ontario.
Pruning large Yoshino Cherry Tree that are well established will enable the plant to have continued vigor, and lead to many more years of supplying beauty to the landscape. We love this product and use it on all plants we install in our own gardens.
The show begins in early April when the Dolgo Crabapple sprouts soft pink buds that open to an explosion of fragrant, self-pollinating, white flowers. Spectacular, Decorative Crabapple Dolgo Crabapple Tree is a large and lovely crabapple variety.
Prices start at : 64.95 USD / 2 GAL (3.5 to 4 Foot Tall)
Not all Nitrogen deficiencies result in stunted growth. The flowers will give way to spherical fruiting clusters that mature in late summer and release red coated seeds. It creates a barrier between the roots of the plant and fungus and pathogens that...