The fruit is sweet and fragrant with a pear-like flavour. The fruit is up to 3cm long, it contains 11.4% glucose, 4.7% fructose and 12.6% sucrose. * The seeds are diuretic and are used in the treatment of alcohol overdose.
Germination Test Type: cut
Botanical Name: Hovenia dulcis
Common Name: Japanese Raisin Tree, Oriental Raisin Tree
It is a light-demanding species, requiring full sun to grow well. * The wood is heavy, hard, durable, close grained, seasons and polishes well. * Methyl palmitate, which has been extracted from green husks of J.
The scientific name was assigned by David Douglas in honor of Aylmer Bourke Lambert. The tallest recorded specimen is 83.45 metres (273 ft 9 in) tall, is located in Yosemite National Park, and was discovered in 2015.
* This tree is native to the Caucasus region where it is nearly threatened by habitat loss and cutting for firewood. * The fruits are 1.5 to 3 centimeters in diameter and are somewhat sweet yet sour, bitter and astringent.
It is native to Japan where it is widespread and often one of the dominant trees of Japan's deciduous forests. South to the ?sumi Peninsula in Ky?sh? In north-east Honsh? It grows in well-drained, loamy or sandy soils.
Height: 100 feet
Common Name: Japanese Beech, Siebold's Beech, Buna
* It is in flower in April, and the seeds ripen from June to July. * The plants are covered with one inch wide white flowers in spring, followed by edible black berries. This form is presumed to be of hybrid origin ( A.
It is a light-demanding species, requiring full sun to grow well. * The wood is heavy, hard, durable, close grained, seasons and polishes well. * Native to Europe and Asia, long a source of valued timber and thin-shelled, edible nuts; compound leaves,...
* White flowers in May in loose clusters to 4", followed by 1/2" brown fruits, edible when overripe, formerly used in medicine; leaves resemble maple leaves; round, sometimes irregular crown; native to Europe, North Africa, Asia Minor.
* The wood of P. * The fruit of Prunus serotina is suitable for making jam and cherry pies, and has some use in flavoring liqueurs. * Native Americans prepared decoctions of the inner bark for cough medicines and tea-like cold remedies.
Extremely hardy --- down to 20º below zero! The English Carpathian Walnut tree is a truly beautiful lawn tree with attractive, lacy foliage. Provides cool, dense shade and bushels of large, thin-shelled walnuts just like the ones you buy in the store.
* The dried leaves are used as a tea substitute. * During World War II in the United States Rosa canina was planted in victory gardens. * In Bulgaria, where it grows in abundance, the hips are used to make a sweet wine.
It usually grows to only 3-5' tall and features 5-petaled, showy, white flowers in drooping clusters which appear before the leaves emerge in early spring. * The fruit is sweet and juicy with a good flavour that has a hint of apple.
* The fruits are the sweetest when soft and orange. * Loquats are unusual among fruit trees in that the flowers appear in the autumn or early winter, and the fruits are ripe in late winter or early spring.
* The seed is used in the treatment of coughs, dysentery, fever, jaundice, malaria and rheumatism. The infestation by Chinese sumac aphids (Melaphis chinensis Bell) can lead to a gall which is valued as a commercial product.
Grows 25-40 feet tall. 1-1 1/2' trees sent. Provides cool, dense shade and bushels of large, thin-shelled walnuts just like the ones you buy in the store. Extremely hardy, down to 20 degrees below zero! A truly beautiful lawn tree with attractive, lacy...
* Actinidia kolomikta is an ornamental plant for gardens and a houseplant. * This kiwi is a relatively fast-growing, deciduous, woody vine which typically grows 15-20' and features tiny, slightly fragrant, greenish-white flowers in early summer and attractive,...
It has a single trunk and reaches a height of 15–38 feet (4.6–12 m). * Bigtree or Mexican plum is a single-trunked, non-suckering tree, 15-35 ft. This species has served as a stock for grafting cultivated varieties of plums.
* An infusion of the leaves has been used as a spring tonic. It is native to North America including much of Canada and Alaska and the western and central United States. The deciduous leaves are each made up of several widely-spaced sharp-toothed leaflets...
This bonsai plant should receive excellent air circulation always. The pomegranate is native to the Iranian Plateau , and has been cultivated in the Caucasus since ancient times. The glossy green leaves are narrow and like full sun in the summer and indoors...
It is native to eastern North America, but is very uncommon north of the Ohio River. * Dwarf hackberry is shade intolerant, drought tolerant and slow-growing. In Canada, dwarf hackberry is designated as threatened and protected under Canada's Species...
It is native to the Mediterranean Basin and it is grown there and elsewhere as an ornamental tree and for its fruit. * n the Arabic-speaking countries it is the commonest of the hawthorn species; in the Arabic language the term "common hawthorn" means...