* The "blue" refers to a substance secreted by the inner bark when exposed to air, not to the leaves, which are dark green, pale yellow in fall, or to the bark, which is gray, platelike, and sometimes shaggy; tolerant of drought and lime, perhaps a good...
It is found only in Mexico. * It grows with various species of Quercus and a variety of other pines . * Climate is warm-temperate to temperate with 600-1500 mm annual precipitation and a November to May dry season.
* A decidious Tree growing to 12 m. * It is in flower from Jul to August, and the seeds ripen in September. * Large shrub or small tree; silvery bark; dark green leaves; flowers fragrant, white to light pink.
Height: 40 feet
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 7
Botanical Name: Aesculus californica
Common Name: California Horse Chestnut, California Buckeye
Fall color is a respectable yellow. * Jacktree is a small spreading deciduous tree or large shrub that typically grows to 15-20' tall. Sinojackia rehderiana are deciduous shrubs or small multi-trunked trees growing up to 5 metres (16 ft) in height.
* Catalpa speciosa , commonly known as the Northern Catalpa , is a species of Catalpa that is native to the midwestern United States in Arkansas , Illinois , Indiana , Missouri , Kentucky , Pennsylvania , and Tennessee .
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 5
Germination Test Type: cut
Common Name: Northern Catalpa, Western Catalpa, Northern Cigar Tree, Catawba Tree, Hardy Catalpa
* It is found on the Black Hills and on foothills and mid-height peaks of the northern, central and southern Rocky Mountains. * Ponderosa pine was employed medicinally by several native North American Indian tribes, who valued it especially for its antiseptic...
Height: 120 feet
Common Name: Western Yellow Pine, Ponderosa Pine, Rocky Mountain Ponderosa Pine
* The Bishop Pine ( Pinus muricata ) is a pine with a very restricted range: mostly California , USA , including some offshore islands, and a few locations in Baja California , Mexico , and always on or near the coast, from Trinidad Head in Humboldt County,...
* A Beautiful, inflorescence Flowering tree with white, pink, red, or lavender flowers that bloom beginning in mid-June and last up to 120 days. * A decoction of the flowers is used in the treatment of colds.
* Calia secundiflora is a species of flowering shrub or small tree in the pea family, Fabaceae , that is native to the southwestern United States ( Texas , New Mexico ) and Mexico ( Chihuahua and Coahuila south to Hidalgo , Puebla and Queretaro ).
* The Canary Island Pine ( Pinus canariensis ) is a species in the genus Pinus , family Pinaceae , native and endemic to the outer Canary Islands ( Gran Canaria , Tenerife , Hierro and La Palma ) in the Atlantic Ocean .
Pyrifolia culta in Korea, it is very frost resistant. * This makes a beautiful flowering tree all on its own even though it is primarily grown as an extremely cold hardy rootstock for grafting edible pear varieties.
Germination Test Type: cut
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 42
Common Name: Chinese Pear, Sand Pear, Harbin Pear, Ussurian Pear
Leaves with 3–9 leaflets; leaflets with white hairs on the lower half of the midribs. Oxycarpa M.Bieb. Ex Willd.) Franco & Rocha Afonso (syn. Eastern Europe north to the Czech Republic, southwest Asia east to northern Iran.
* An evergreen Tree growing to 10 m (32ft) by 10 m (32ft) at a medium rate. * Creamy white flowers as much as a foot wide, wonderfully fragrant, in May, June or July. * This is perhaps the most strongly scented flower in the world! * Exceptionally large...
* They are commonly served raw and peeled. * The fruit tends to be quite large and fragrant, and when carefully wrapped (it has a tendency to bruise because of its juiciness), it can last for several weeks or more in a cold, dry place.
* This species boasts the largest simple leaf and single flower of any native plant in North America. * It is a medium-sized understory tree 15-20 m tall, distinguished from other magnolias by the large leaf size, 25-80 cm long and 11-30 cm broad.
* Many botanists believe that this is merely a southern outlier of the typical North Plateau race of ponderosa pine. Washoensis populations do not warrant distinction as a variety or even a subspecies of P.
Unripe fruits are sometimes pickled.The fruit is about 4cm in diameter. In the wild, Carolina silverbell typically does not exceed 35' in height (though specimens have been found in the 80-100' range), and is frequently shrubby in habit.
* The tree reaches its best development in the Gympie region, where some magnificent forest trees attain heights near 60 metres. * Eucalyptus cloeziana, Gympie Messmate, is a small to tall tree with rough bark on most or the whole of the trunk and larger...
Collection Locale: Guatemala
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 9
Germination Test Type: Actual
Common Name: Cloeziana Gum, Queensland Messmate, Gympie Messmate, Yellow Messmate, Dead Finish