* The flower heads are 8-12 inches in diameter and are very showy. * This bulb forming perennial produces short lived sword shaped leaves followed by flower spikes having huge umbels of fushia colored flowers at the top.
It is cultivated as an ornamental plant in temperate regions – growing to 60 centimetres (24 in) (less in poor soils), and producing pale lilac and white flowers in spring. * Iris magnifica is a bulbous flowering plant in the genus Iris, native to the...
* The flower buds are large and round, opening into large flowers 8-16 cm diameter, with 5-10 white, pink, or crimson petals and yellow stamens . This species is lime tolerant. * Paeonia lactiflora , also Chinese Peony ( ?
* These plants thrive best in shady areas and under protection of larger plants, and in all but the hottest and the driest conditions in the United States. * Pale pink flowers. * This late summer blooming Japanese anemone is a native of China that grows...
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 5
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 195
Collection Locale: Germany
Germination Test Type: estimate
Common Name: Chinese Anemone, Japanese Thimbleweed
* The inflorescence is generally a large, solitary flower head which may exceed 8 centimeters in diameter. It has a fringe of 20 to 30 white ray florets around a center of many densely packed yellow disc florets.
The plant can reach 5-6' tall and has rough 4" long lance-shaped leaves. * The plant is often cultivated for its showy flowers, and can sometimes be found outside its native range as an escape from cultivation.
* The narrow, divided leaves are almost thread-like and grow close together on the stems. * Paeonia tenuifolia is sometimes called the fern leaf peony . It is native to the Caucasus Mountains of Ukraine , as well as areas north of the Black Sea and westward...
* Deeply lobed glossy green leaves (2-3' long) form an ornamental mound which usually remains attractive throughout the growing season. * Easily grown from seed. * Acanthus balcanicus, is an endemic herbaceous perennial plant in the genus Acanthus, native...
However, its phytochemistry remains predominatly unstudied. * The Nepal poppy ( Meconopsis napaulensis ) is a plant of the family Papaveraceae . The plant contains beta-carbolines, which (in doses high enough) act as a psychedelic drug .
It is one of a number of plants to be called by the common name daisy . * The oxeye daisy ( Leucanthemum vulgare , syn. Chrysanthemum leucanthemum ), also known as the marguerite , is a widespread flowering plant native to Europe and the temperate regions...
Collection Locale: Oregon
Seeds Per Pound: 900,000
Crop Year: 2017
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 3
Common Name: Marguerite, Daisy, Moon Daisy, Dog Daisy, Ox-eye Daisy
* A good butterfly plant. * Prefers a rich moist soil with ample moisture in the summer. * Phlox paniculata (garden phlox or perennial phlox) is a species of flowering plant in the family Polemoniaceae, native to the eastern United States, but extensively...
Each leaf has 6 to 9 narrow leaflets. * Perennial with characteristic palmate leaves. * Pre-soak the seed for 24 hours in warm water and then sow in early spring in a greenhouse. Grown in gardens, fields and roadsides.
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 46
Common Name: Bigleaf Lupine, Common Lupine , Blue-pod Lupine, Blue Bonnet, Large-leaved Lupine, Big-leaved Lupine, Garden Lupine, Meadow Lupine, Bog Lupine, Lupin
* A sprawling plant unless staked, perhaps best for romping through a semi-wild border; small blue flowers in considerable numbers in midsummer; full sun or part shade, persistent once established; native to China.
Its natural habitat is semi-forest, on soil cool and non-arid. * This species is native to China: Gansu, Guizhou, Hubei, Jiangxi, Shaanxi, Sichuan and Yunnan. It is currently widespread in temperate countries.
* The seed is very agreeable to the taste. * The Iceland Poppy ( Papaver nudicaule syn. In particular, P. Miyabeanum , and P. All parts of this plant are likely to be poisonous , containing (like all poppies) toxic alkaloids .
Blooms late summer to early fall. * If all the flowers are removed early in the season, the plant will often produce a second flush of bloom later in the summer. * The flowers are often used for dried flower displays.
* t is one of the best strengtheners of the human system, stimulating the liver, gall bladder and digestive system, and is an excellent tonic to combine with a purgative in order to prevent its debilitating effects.
* Clematis integrifolia is a flowering vine of the genus Clematis. Solitary, violet to blue, nodding, bell-shaped flowers with recurved and often twisted sepals and creamy white anthers bloom from May to July, with continued sporadic bloom sometimes occurring...
American Indian herbal remedies. Plants in this genus were probably the most frequently used of N. Its use has also been adopted by Ayurvedic medicine. * Echinacea purpurea ( Eastern purple coneflower or Purple coneflower ) is a species of flowering plant...
Crop Year: 2016
Seeds Per Pound: 109,563
Common Name: Purple Coneflower, Eastern Purple Coneflower