* The parents of these seeds were selected for their superior qualities relating to timber production and grown in a seed orchard in Denmark. * The hard, reddish-brown wood (cherry wood) is valued as a hardwood for woodturning, and making cabinets and...
* The trunk is typically gnarled and twisted. * Makes a good ornamental. * Extremely drought resistant. Its deadwood is full of character and can sometimes flower and fruit. * An evergreen Tree growing to 10 m (32ft) by 8 m (26ft) at a slow rate.
* The boughs and twigs have been used to make brooms. Libocedrus decurrens Torr.) is a species of conifer native to western North America , with the bulk of the range in the United States , from central western Oregon through most of California and the...
* Pinus elliottii , commonly known as the Slash Pine , is a pine native to the southeastern United States , from southern South Carolina west to southeastern Louisiana , and south to the Florida Keys .
* The wood weighs about 36 lb per cubic foot and takes a beautiful polish. * The wood of P. * It is a moderately long-lived tree, with ages of up to 258 years known. Serotina is also used for cooking and smoking foods, where it imparts a unique flavor.
* The Manchurian walnut ( Juglans mandshurica Maxim. It grows to about 25 m. * Nuts about 2" ) is a deciduous tree of the genus Juglans (section Cardiocaryon ), native to the Eastern Asiatic Region ( China , Russian Far East , North Korea and South Korea...
* Grows well in heavy clay soils, requiring a cool position in a good moist but not water-logged soil. * Prefers growing on a north-facing slope. * It is a large evergreen tree typically up to 40-60 m tall and 2 m trunk diameter.
The main toxin in the plant is cytisine, a nicotinic receptor agonist. Anagyroides; it also has the benefit of low seed production. Alpinum with the denser flowers of L. Laburnum seed can poison anyone who mistakes the seeds for peas.
The acorns usually occur in groups of 2-5 on the same stalk. Forest-grown trees grow tall, while open-growing trees develop a very broad and irregular crown. The acorn stalks are thick and pubescent, up to 2 cm long.
* Often planted as a shelterbelt along exposed coasts and also to stabilize sandy soils. Landes forest in southwest France is the largest man-made maritime pine forest in Europe. * In addition to industrial uses, maritime pine is also a popular ornamental...
* It is a large evergreen tree growing to 40-60 m tall, and with a trunk diameter of up to 2-2.5 m. * It grows at altitudes of 2,400-3,700 m in forests together with Deodar Cedar, Blue Pine and Morinda Spruce, typically occupying cooler, moister north-facing...
* Liquidambar formosana grow mostly in woodland in warm temperate zones. Formosana turns a very attractive red color in autumn.Leaves grow in an alternate arrangement, and are simple, palmately-veined, with serrated margins.
Seeds Per Pound: 93,070
Common Name: Formosan Sweetgum, Chinese Sweet Gum, Formosan Gum
* Abies sachalinensis (Sakhalin fir) is a species of conifer in the family Pinaceae. Altitude" and were up to 250 cm girth (about 80 cm dbh) and 30 m tall. * Native to Northern Japan, Sachalin,Kurile Isles.
Thus it can be used for making tubs for storing food items. * It is popular as an ornamental landscaping tree and as a Christmas Tree. They exhibit a blue/green color and do their best in zones 4 and 5.
Botanical Name: Abies concolor concolor CO, San Isabel
* The seeds, similar to large pine nuts, are edible, and are extensively harvested in southern Brazil. * The cones disintegrate at maturity to release the approximately 5 cm (2 in) long nut-like seeds, which are then dispersed by animals, notably the...
* It grows at altitudes of 700-2,200 m, often in temperate rain forest with high rainfall and cool, humid summers, and heavy winter snowfall. * Found in cool, wet mountainsides. * Native to Eastern China and Southern Japan * An evergreen Tree growing...
Giant chinkapin (Castanopsis chrysophylla), also called golden chinkapin, giant evergreen-chinkapin, and goldenleaf chestnut, is an interesting hardwood species in a landscape dominated by coniferous forests.
* The Chinese White Pine ( Pinus armandii ; family Pinaceae ) is a species of pine native to China , occurring from southern Shanxi west to southern Gansu and south to Yunnan , with outlying populations in Anhui and Taiwan ; it also extends a short distance...
Seeds Per Pound: 1,513
Crop Year: 2016
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 11
Common Name: David's Pine, Armand Pine, Chinese White Pine