* Deep green needles, 5"+; 6" cones; a source of pulp, timber, rosin, and turpentine; native to the southeast U.S. It is fast-growing, but not very long-lived by pine standards (to 200 years), and prefers humid climates and moist soil.
(Leguminosae) have been used in traditional medicine for the treatment of inflammatory diseases including swelling, suppuration, carbuncle and skin diseases. * It is one of the alleged "50 fundamental herbs" used in traditional Chinese medicine.
The green, ovate leaves grow in opposite pairs. * A low shrub with dark green evergreen leaves, shiny on the undersides; 2-3" flowers, bright yellow, throughout summer; easy to grow--tolerates dry soil; said to grow best in shade; grows quickly; native...
* A wax on the fruit is obtained by simmering the fruit in hot water and skimming off the wax as it rises to the surface. * Juniperus osteosperma ( Utah Juniper ; syn. The wax can be used to make aromatic candles.
* It is also widely planted in gardens, and has spread as a garden escape in many areas outside its native range. Since Butcher's broom tightens blood vessels and capillaries, it is used to treat varicose veins.
A somewhat astringent taste raw, it improves considerably when cooked and is delicious baked with a floury texture and a flavour rather like sweet potatoes. * The use as food and an ornamental tree caused it to be introduced throughout western Europe,...
* A delicious tea is made by steeping the green or dried twigs inboiling water until they turn an amber or pink colour. * Ephedra nevadensis ( Nevada ephedra ) is a species of Ephedra native to dry areas of western North America.
* Unlike most species of pine. Pinus mugo mughus is an outdoor tree and with protection from extreme heat and cold, it can stay outdoor all year long. This Bonsai is a good one for beginners because it is low-maintenance, a slow grower, and has a burly...
* Nandina domestica (pronounced /naen?di?n? It is a monotypic genus, with this species as its only member. D??m?st?k?/ ) commonly known as heavenly bamboo or sacred bamboo , is a suckering shrub in the Barberry family, Berberidaceae .
Some of this nitrogen is utilized by the growing plant but some can also be used by other plants growing nearby. * This tree is remarkable for the number and length of the spines growing on its trunk, which makes it the most formidably armed of temperate...
It is widely cultivated throughout Armenia , Azerbaijan , Iran , Afghanistan , Pakistan , Turkey , India , the drier parts of southeast Asia , Indonesia , peninsular Malaysia , the Mediterranean and Southern Europe and tropical Africa .
The flowers are small, greenish-yellow, with 5–6 sepals and no petals. * Jojoba grows to 1–2 metres (3.3–6.6 ft) tall, with a broad, dense crown. Each plant is single-sex , either male or female, with hermaphrodites being extremely rare.
* Natural stands of cork oak can support diverse ecosystems. * The harvesting of cork does not harm the tree, in fact, no trees are cut down during the harvesting process. Wine corks represent 15% of cork usage by weight but 66% of revenues.
Though often known by the common name of king sago palm , or just sago palm , it is not a palm at all, but a cycad . * Substances extracted from theseeds are used to inhibit the growth of malignant tumours.
Common Name: Sago Palm, King Sago Palm, Sago Cycad, Japanese Sago Palm, Funeral Palm
It will tolerate as low as minus 20 degrees Celcius for brief periods. The essential oil is a common ingredient in many over-the-counter cold remedies. The essential oil found in the leaves is a powerful antiseptic and is used all over the world for relieving...
* Dracaena draco is cultivated and widely available as an ornamental tree for parks, gardens, and drought tolerant water conserving sustainable landscape projects. Each branch grows for about 10–15 years and re-branches, so a mature plant has an umbrella-like...
* Penstemon grandiflorus is a perennial plant of the genus Penstemon. * A decoction of the roots has been used in the treatment of chest pains and stomach aches. * A very ornamental plant! * Succeeds in ordinary rich garden soils so long as they are well-drained.
Botanical Name: Penstemon grandiflorus
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 332
Common Name: Shell Leaf Penstemon, Large Beard-tongue, Large Beardtongue, Large Beard Tongue
The stiff-stemmed, upright growth is highly rated for wildlife nesting, brood rearing and winter cover habitat. * Cave-in-Rock switchgrass has valuable adaptations that can be used for range and pasture land, wind barriers, biofuel, and protection for...
* The seed is used in pinole or ground into a meal and used as a thickener in making bread or mixed with flour in making bread. * The leaves are cooked and used as greens. * Shadscale fruits and leaves provide important winter browse for both domestic...
* Its natural habitats are dry forests and low shrublands. * Canavalia pubescens, commonly known as ʻawikiwiki or Lavafield Jack-bean, is a species of flowering plant in the legume family, Fabaceae, that is endemic to Hawaii.
* Shrub with upright stems; narrow bamboolike leaves, shiny bright green; small whitish flowers; a roughish plant, but extremely tough and vigorous; useful for highways and urban sites; native to China.
* Peruvian Torch ( Trichocereus peruvianus ) is found high in the Andean mountain deserts of Peru and Ecuador and is similar to the San Pedro cactus ( Trichocereus pachanoi ) which is found in the same region.
Germination Test Type: estimate
Seeds Per Pound: 342,680
Common Name: Matucana Peruvian Torch Cactus, Matucana Peruvian Torch
* In Israel , the tree has been very successful in Yatir Forest in the northern Negev , where foresters had not expected it to survive. * It is widely planted for timber in its native area, being one of the most important trees in forestry in Algeria...