* Holodiscus discolor is a shrub of western North America that is commonly known as ocean spray , creambush or ironwood . A fast-growing plant, it thrives in thin woodland. * A decoction of the leaves has been used in the treatment of influenza.
* It is a fast growing and popular garden tree in South Africa and is easily propagated. This Hackberry produces a pale trunk and branches with green leaves . * This is a common and widespread forest tree from South Africa to Ethiopia .
* Purpletop ( Tridens flavus ), also Red Top and Greasegrass , is a large, robust perennial bunchgrass, native to North America. Tall perennial grass with drooping branches bearing widely spaced reddish-purple spikelets.
Seeds Per Pound: 399,400
Common Name: Purpletop Tridens, Greasegrass, Tall Redtop, Sandgrass
Choice one-year-old field-grown plants. It is an easy to grow perennial that spreads fast. Giant Alaska Shasta Daisies make excellent cut flowers. Enjoy astonishing numbers of snowy, gold-centered blooms every June and July.
* The flowers are pink to white. The fruit provides food for wild life. * The berries are bitter and are unfit for culinary use. * Lavender flowers from June until August, followed by violet fruits in October; extremely attractive, smaller than C.
, ( Firmiana simplex , syn. Hibiscus collinus Roxb. , Hibiscus simplex L. * A fibre is obtained by retting the bark. The wood is used for making furniture and coffins. , Firmiana platanifolia , or Sterculia platanifolia L.f. ) is an ornamental plant or...
Collection Locale: Louisiana
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 11
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 7
Common Name: Chinese Parasol Tree, Chinese Parasoltree, Wutong
Butterfly Bush is a must for every late summer perennial garden. Grows 4-8' tall. Great cut flower. Aptly named, the butterfly bush attracts loads of butterflies and is also a favorite of hummingbirds.
Firefly's intensely colored tiny evergreen leaves that cover the stems of the plant are a brilliant combination of yellow and chartreuse in the summer. Grows in sunny warm areas where it will tolerate heat and drought very well.
* Poa pratensis forms a valuable pasture plant, characteristic of well-drained, fertile soil. The rootstock is creeping, with runners. The leaves have boat-shaped tips, narrowly-linear, up to 20 centimetres (8 in) long and 3–5 millimetres (0.12–0.20...
Quantity: 13.2 lb
Common Name: Kentucky Blue-grass , Kentucky Bluegrass
* The bark and the leaves are mildly diuretic, expectorant and stimulant. The plant is seldom used medicinally, but is sometimes included in propriety medicines for chronic prostate and bladder disorders.
* The leaves are alternate, 50–100 mm long, with a 15–20 mm petiole ; they are of two types, with palmately five-lobed juvenile leaves on creeping and climbing stems, and unlobed cordate adult leaves on fertile flowering stems exposed to full sun,...
Profusion of blooms from June through September. An excellent source for cut flowers. You'll enjoy this old-fashioned favorite that bears an abundance of large, hibiscus blossoms in three different colors: red, white and blue.
Each mat is generously preseeded on recycled paper that promotes germination. Mats are 20"x5'.Attracts natues's hardest workers to the garden. Our Conservation Garden Assortment attracts and helps protect nature's hardest workers.
You can't beat this radiant pink Honeysuckle for a tall screen of background hedge. The flowers have same fragrance as honeysuckle vines. Later, brilliant red berries appear that last all summer and throughout the winter.
The flowers are monoecious (individual flowers are either male or female, but both sexes can be found on the same plant) and are pollinated by Insects. The plant prefers light (sandy), medium (loamy) and heavy (clay) soils and can grow in nutritionally...
It is widely grown in regions of the world where the growing season is long enough to allow the fruit to mature. It requires a minimum of 140 days from planting to harvest. * Gossypium hirsutum , known as Upland Cotton or Mexican Cotton , is the most...
Common Name: Upland Cotton, Mexican Cotton, American Upland Cotton, Wild Cotton
* Pinus echinata ( Shortleaf Pine ) is a species of pine native to the eastern United States from southern New York south to northern Florida , west to the extreme southeast of Kansas , and southwest to eastern Texas .
Immature flowering stems - cooked in much the same way as broccoli. It also makes and excellent cover crop. Added to salads or used as a potherb. * Bonar Forage rape has large leaves, is resistant to powdery mildew, is late maturing, and is very high...
* It has been introduced as ornamental in the British Isles and also in the North Pacific Coast of the United States. * It can become a large tree, up to 45 m (148 ft) high and 1.9 m (6.2 ft) in diameter.
Each mat is generously preseeded on recycled paper that promotes germination. Mats are 20"x5'.Attracts Monarchs and all other butterflies to the garden. Our Conservation Garden Assortment attracts and helps protect nature's hardest workers.