Rose of Sharon grows 5-10' tall. Profusion of blooms from June through September. You'll enjoy this old-fashioned favorite that bears an abundance of large, hibiscus blossoms in three different colors: red, white and blue.
Josee can rebloom up to four times in a season with the most spectacular show in late spring. Enjoy the beauty and fragrance of Josee's lavender-pink flowers from May until frost! This highly unusual and desirable reblooming lilac is low maintenance and...
It weighs about 28lb per cubic foot. * Many people grow this tree in the Southern USA just so they can gather the Catalpa worms to use as fishing bait. It is highly valued for posts and fencing rails, and is also used for interior finishes, cabinet work...
The leaves are spirally arranged but twisted at the base to lie in two horizontal ranks, 1–2 cm (0.39–0.79 in) long and 1–2 mm (0.039–0.079 in) broad. * It occurs from 300 to 2,500 m (980 to 8,200 ft), in Mexico mainly in highlands at 1,600 m...
* It is in flower in March, and the seeds ripen from Oct to January. * A decidious Tree growing to 12 m at a fast rate. Conservation Plant Characteristics Alnus rhombifolia Nutt. White alder ALRH2 Summary Duration Perennial Growth Habit Tree Native Status...
* Fontanesia is a genus of flowering plants in the family Oleaceae , usually treated as comprising a single species Fontanesia philliraeoides , though some authors split this into two species (see below).
It is a native plant of the Himalaya. * It has small fruit which look like grapes and are dark blue, almost black when ripe. It is propagated from seeds or cuttings. * P.semicordata can grow in pots or on slopes.
* Dirr notes that this is the most widely distributed of any North American tree. * A tall, fast growing tree, usually 20–25 metres (66–82 ft) at maturity, with a trunk 20–80 centimetres (7.9–31 in) in diameter; records are 36.5 meters (120 ft)...
The glandular leaves are up to 8 centimeters long and are divided shallowly into a few dully toothed lobes. * Ribes nevadense is an erect shrub growing 1 to 2 meters tall. The fruit is an edible blue-black berry under a centimeter wide.
Common Name: Sierra Currant, Pink Mountain Currant, Sierran Currant
* Succeeds in a good loamy soil that does not become too dry in summer, in full sun or light shade. * Holodiscus discolor is a shrub of western North America that is commonly known as ocean spray , creambush or ironwood .
Several cultivar groups have been selected for agricultural use, mostly derived from T. * It is a perennial plant to USDA Zone 6. * It is widely grown as a fodder crop, valued for its nitrogen fixation, which increases soil fertility.
As well as some other species and hybrids in the genus, it is a popular ornamental plant in temperate regions with a large number of named cultivars, valued for its profuse sweetly scented white blossom in early summer.
* This plant can be found in moist woodland, often at higher altitudes, throughout temperate areas of Europe, Asia, and eastern and western North America, and is also found in cultivation, where it has gained the Royal Horticultural Society's Award of...
The leaves are deciduous in cold areas, but semi-evergreen in warmer climates, < 7 cm long and < 3 cm broad, with an oblique base and a coarsely serrated margin, changing from dark green to yellow in autumn.
* Tolerates maritime exposure. * A strong fibre is obtained from the stems, it is used for making string, bags, paper etc. * A very easily grown plant, succeeding in any ordinary garden soil in sun or partial shade.
* Pinus elliottii , commonly known as the Slash Pine , is a pine native to the southeastern United States , from southern South Carolina west to southeastern Louisiana , and south to the Florida Keys .
It is native to Siberia and other parts of eastern Asia, but it is probably better known in North America, where it is a widespread introduced species and noxious weed . * The fruit is a shiny orange or red berry up to a centimeter wide.
It is a hairy, erect perennial herb often exceeding a meter in height. * Perennial wild flower, Flowers in clusters, color purple. Each palmate leaf is made up of 5 to 10 leaflets each up to 7 centimeters long.
Botanical Name: Lupinus albicaulis Hederma
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 3
Height: 2-5 feet
Common Name: Sickle Keeled Lupine, Sicklekeel Lupine
Paniculata is the most common of these, and is widespread in forest throughout the country. * Clematis paniculata (In M?ori: Puawhananga) is one of seven species of clematis that is native to New Zealand.