* This is the red flowered form. * Primula denticulata , commonly known as Drumstick primrose or the Himalayan Primrose is a species of primrose that is native to moist alpine regions and Afghanistan to China .
* Primula vulgaris ( syn. Acaulis (L.) Hill) is a species of Primula native to western and southern Europe (from the Faroe Islands and Norway south to Portugal , and east to Germany, Ukraine , the Crimea , and the Balkans ), northwest Africa ( Algeria...
Grows 4-8' tall. Aptly named, the butterfly bush attracts loads of butterflies and is also a favorite of hummingbirds. Great cut flower. Drought and deer resistant. Outstanding when planted in full sun.
* Fruits are red turning dark purple, birds love them; more open and irregular than M. * Morus rubra , commonly known as the Red Mulberry , is a species of mulberry native to eastern North America , from northernmost Ontario and Vermont south to southern...
Ideal for cut-flowers. Winner of the prestigous 2005 Fleuroselect Gold Medal! Attracts butterflies. Highly drought tolerant. Deer resistant. Blooms from early summer into fall! Enjoy masses of 3'' orange-red blooms tipped with yellow.
The species is highly variable with respect to its pitchers, with plants in some localities reaching almost 1 metre in height, while in others, plants can be diminutive (such as the seldom seen 30 cm high dwarf form encountered at Garcon Point in Santa...
Collection Locale: North Carolina
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 7
Germination Test Type: cut
Quantity: 0.01 lb
Common Name: Crimson Pitcherplant, White Pitcher Plant
Leaves are obovate , simple, alternating, deciduous , and grow to 2.5-7.5 cm long. * Grows as a shrub or small tree; light gray stems, shiny dark green leaves, fall color yellow; orange to scarlet quarter-inch fruits persisting until spring; native to...
It burns with a clear, bright flame and is valued as a fuel. * Cliftonia monophylla ( Buck-wheat tree , Buckwheat tree , Titi ) is a tree native to the United States . * Requires a free-draining, light, sandy, acid soil with additional leafmould added.
Common Name: Buckwheat Tree, Buckwheat Brush, Titi, Black Tree, Ironwood
* The whole plant is astringent and mildly diuretic. An infusion is used internally as a blood purifier and externally for treating cuts, burns and bruises. * Knautia arvensis , commonly known as Field Scabious , is a species in the genus Knautia .
They grow well in sun or light shade. Will bloom again in late summer if spring blossoms are cut off. Giant Alaska Shasta Daisies make excellent cut flowers. Enjoy astonishing numbers of snowy, gold-centered blooms every June and July.
It grows in moist soil, full sun to part shade, and grows up to one meter tall. * Serratula tinctoria , commonly known as Saw-wort , is a species in the genus Serratula . * A fine yellow dye is obtained from the juice of the plant, it is very durable.
Mixed colors only. Sweet William is a popular favorite because this perennial has large clusters of small blooms that come in striking colors of red, pink, white, and bi-colors. Sweet William blooms in early summer with flowers that have a sassy, spicy...
* The boiled roots and stems are used as a cure for the itch. * Clematis vitalba is a climbing shrub with branched, grooved stems , deciduous leaves, and scented greeny-white flowers with fluffy underlying sepals .
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 178
Crop Year: 2015
Common Name: Traveller's Joy, Evergreen Clematis, Old-man's Beard
* Devil's club was widely employed medicinally by several native North American Indian tribes who used it especially for its pain-relieving properties. * In vitro studies showed that extracts of Devil's Club inhibit tuberculosis microbes.
Like many other plants in this family, they are demulcent and emollient and are used in the treatment of dysentery, lung ailments and urinary ailments. It is found in wetlands and along the riverine systems of the southeastern United States from Texas...
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 44
Height: 4-7 feet
Germination Test Type: Actual
Common Name: Common Rose Mallow, Crimsoneyed Rosemallow, Marsh Mallow
It also grows on damper ground . * Succisa pratensis Moench, also known as Devil's-bit Scabious, is a flowering plant of the genus Succisa in the family Dipsacaceae . * The tender young shoots are sometimes added to spring salads.
However it is commonly cultivated in gardens away from its native range. * Primula denticulata , commonly known as Drumstick primrose or the Himalayan Primrose is a species of primrose that is native to moist alpine regions and Afghanistan to China .
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 2
Common Name: Drumstick Primrose, Drumstick Primula
* This sedge is less prone to summer dieback and remains attractive during warm weather. * This carex is common throughout southern and central Missouri in the moist soil beside ponds, streams and spring branches and in calcium-rich swampy meadows.
Growing up to a meter tall, it lives in zones 4 to 9 in moist to wet soils. * The Great Blue Lobelia ( Lobelia siphilitica ) is a species within the Campanulaceae family. * It was believed by some native North American Indian tribes that if the finely...
The inner bark contains large quantities of a sticky slime that can be dried to a powder or made into a liquid. The perfect wind-pollinated apetalous flowers are produced before the leaves in early spring, usually in clusters of 10–20.
The layers of annual growth are hardly distinguishable. It has narrow-elliptic to elliptic-lanceolate leaves, 12-20cm long, and small flowers appear in slender greyish catkins in spring; male and female borne on separate plants.