Each mat is generously preseeded on recycled paper that promotes germination. Mats are 20"x5'.Attracts Monarchs and all other butterflies to the garden. Our seed mats contain the perfect blend of seed to create a beautiful garden and participate in recovering...
To cover steep slopes, poor soil trouble areas, stream or pond banks where erosion control is needed, there's no better and prettier ground cover to use than House of Wesley's Carefree Beauty Crownvetch.
‘Wisteria Lane's large, dense plants display an uncommon weeping habit that flourishes long, majestic rich-violet flower spikes throughout summer. This most unusual and delightful butterfly bush infuses the back of the sunny border with colorful flair.
They are sticky hairy above, and white woolly below.Atop each stem is an almost perfectly spherical inflorescence up to 6 cm in diameter, packed with blue-gray disc florets . * It grows in sunny, rocky or brushy places, with more or less mineral rich...
* The disc heads have a scent reminiscent of anise when crushed. It is hardy and not easily outcompeted by other plants. * Gray-head mexican-hat is a 3-5 ft. One or several flowers, each on its own long stalk, may top a single stem.
Common Name: Yellow Coneflower, Prairie Coneflower, Gray-head Coneflower, Gray-head Mexican-hat
It produces a spike of zygomorphic flowers in the late summer. * The Great Blue Lobelia ( Lobelia siphilitica ) is a species within the Campanulaceae family. * It was believed by some native North American Indian tribes that if the finely ground roots...
Collection Locale: Pennsylvania
Common Name: Blue Cardinal Flower, Great Blue Lobelia
It is perennial so will continue to supply fresh chives for years to come. * Used in cooking, on baked potatoes, and in salads ; flowers rose to rosy purple. * This heirloom variety matures in about 80-90 days but some stems can be cut before maturity.
* Its odor is considered similar to that of the bergamot orange (the source of bergamot oil used to flavor Earl Grey tea. The Blackfeet Indians recognized this plant's strong antiseptic action, and used poultices of the plant for skin infections and minor...
* White or rosy-lilac flowers in 3-7" clusters, often several to each branch tip, in May; flower fragrance, not intense, resembles privet; very hardy; forms a dense, arching shrub with substantial branches; does well in the U.S. Midwest; native to China.
Another of the smaller varieties creating a dense bush with loads of nectar rich flowers for the butterflies and hummingbirds. I would be surprised to find a plant that produces a more continuous supply of nectar rich flowers from summer to frost, even...
Fertilizing: Spring-frost or year round in warm, frost free conditions.
Container Size: 3.5 inch / 16 fl.oz. / 473 ml
Pruning: Not needed except to remove spent flower stems though it's not required, pinch to improve branching.
Zagreb Coreopsis may slowly spread by rhizomes. 2" wide sunny yellow daisies top the fine-textured blue-green foliage of this durable native perennial from late spring to late summer and sometimes up until frost.
Native To / Origin: US - Eastern
Grows To: 12-18''H x 18-24''W
USDA Cold Hardiness Zones: 3,4,5,6,7,8,9
Soil & Moisture: Somewhat dry to average moist soils. Tolerant of poor soils.
* The name basket flower refers to the stiff, straw-colored bracts just beneath the flower head, which are divided at the tip into long, sharp teeth. * Blooms are 4" in diameter and are held from May until June.
Minimum Hardiness Zone: annual
Collection Locale: China
Botanical Name: Centaurea americana
Common Name: Basket-flower, American Star-thistle, Basket Flower, American Starthistle, American Basketflower, Sweet Sultan, Shaving Brush
The flowers have a strong clove-like scent. It is best treated as a biennial in the garden. * Dianthus barbatus ( Sweet William ) is a species of Dianthus native to the mountains of southern Europe from the Pyrenees east to the Carpathians and the Balkans...
Buddleias are excellent for attracting pollinators including butterflies, bees, and other garden beneficials! Buddlejas are considered invasive in some regions please check with your local state offices before purchasing.
Outdoor Light: Full sun, Part sun, Part shade
Soil & Moisture: Well-drained soils, with average moisture. Does not tolerate wet feet / poor drainage but are otherwise fairly adaptable.
A mucilage from the seed coats is used as a fabric stiffener. Something that is considered to be an indicator of grazing in that area. Lanceolata has been found in western Norway from the Early Neolithic onwards.
Crop Year: 2017
Common Name: Narrowleaf Plantain, Ribwort Plantain
* Syringa josikaea ( Hungarian Lilac ) is a species of Lilac , native to central and eastern Europe , in the Carpathian Mountains in Hungary , Romania , and western Ukraine . * A good hedging plant, it is very tolerant of trimming.