Sweet William is a popular favorite because this perennial has large clusters of small blooms that come in striking colors of red, pink, white, and bi-colors. Mixed colors only. Sweet William blooms in early summer with flowers that have a sassy, spicy...
Purple Coneflowers are practically indestructible because they are sub-zero hardy and withstand heat, grow in dry locations and love poor soil. Drought and deer resistant, attracts butterflies, great cut flower.
To cover steep slopes, poor soil trouble areas, stream or pond banks where erosion control is needed, there's no better and prettier ground cover to use than House of Wesley's Carefree Beauty Crownvetch.
It is quite hardy, disease-resistant, and gives year round beauty. We send 1 to 1 1/2' plants. Later, brilliant red berries appear that last all summer and throughout the winter. The flowers have same fragrance as honeysuckle vines.
* Asclepias tuberosa is a species of milkweed native to eastern North America . The leaves are spirally arranged, lanceolate, 5-12 cm long and 2-3 cm broad. * Orange flowers in late summer; grows well in dry soil; native to eastern U.S. * Pleurisy root...
A glorious addition to your garden, and beacon to passing butterflies and hummingbirds. ‘Wisteria Lane's large, dense plants display an uncommon weeping habit that flourishes long, majestic rich-violet flower spikes throughout summer.
* Considered to be an indicator of agriculture in pollen diagrams, P. * Plantago lanceolata is a species of genus Plantago known by the common names ribwort plantain, English plantain, buckhorn plantain, narrowleaf plantain, ribleaf and lamb's tongue.
* A pleasant tasting tea is made from the leaves and flower heads. * It inhabits prairies , plains, roadsides, and disturbed areas from southern Canada through most of the United States to northern Mexico .
* Plant forming huge clumps with white or grayish spherical flowers 2-3" across, in late summer; rough, thistley foliage, dark green, good for the back of a large border. * It grows in sunny, rocky or brushy places, with more or less mineral rich soils,...
Common Name: Great Globethistle, Giant Globe Thistle, Great Globe Thistle, Common Globe Thistle
Clusters of rich purple flowers are produced on sturdy stems atop the medium green foliage from spring through summer and into fall. Use Cloud Eight Verbena in the garden, landscape, or in container gardens.
Soil & Moisture: Average moist, well-drained soils
Outdoor Light: Full sun, Part sun, Part shade
Grows To: 2-3'H x 12-18"W
pH Range: Slightly Acidic, Neutral
Native To / Origin: Brazil, Argentina - Garden selection
The flowers of Pentas will attract butterflies and other nectar loving creatures to your gardens throughout summer. An excellent choice for butterfly and hummingbird gardens that will flower from summer until frost.
Container Size: 3.5 inch / 16 fl.oz. / 473 ml
Deer Resistance: Rarely Bothered
Native To / Origin: Africa
Soil & Moisture: Well-drained, average moisture, moderately fertile acid soils.
Use Blue-Violet Tapien Verbena as a groundcover, a spiller in containers, or as a beautiful hanging basket. Perennial Verbenas make wonderful additions to the butterfly garden providing nectar even in late winter for early visitors.
A perennial which may freeze to the ground in winter in the cooler portions of its range. Plant with caution as Wedelia has escaped and has become a pest in portions of Florida where it is now considered a class 2 invasive by the Florida Exotic Pest Plant...
Outdoor Light: Full sun, Part sun, Part shade, Light shade
USDA Cold Hardiness Zones: 8,9,10,11
Native To / Origin: US-FL, C and S Americas, W Indies
* Beebalm has a long history of use as a medicinal plant by many Native Americans, including the Blackfeet. The leaves are opposite on the square stems, 6–15 cm long and 3–8 cm broad, and dark green with reddish leaf veins and a coarsely toothed margin;...
For more information see our Coral Honeysuckle Growing Guide . Coral Honeysuckle or Trumpet Honeysuckle is a native vine that is vigorous and easy to grow as well as easy to control, unlike its white and yellow Japanese cousin.
Here in zone 8B they freeze to the ground in most winters and we plant them atop winter growing bulbs like Spanish Bluebells that take their place during the Ruellia's dormant period and as the Bluebells are finishing up the Ruellias are on their way...
Salt Tolerance: Slight
Container Size: 3.5 inch / 16 fl.oz. / 473 ml
Grows To: 6-12"H x 8-12"W
Soil & Moisture: Average to moist soils for the best flowering, moderately drought resistant once well-established.
This sterile hybrid from Euroamerican Propagators has garnered top marks in gardens across the US! Provide ample sunlight in a well-drained, fertile soil and stand back as this passion flower may be the star of the show!
Indoor Light: Direct sunlight, High
Soil & Moisture: Average moist, fertile, well-drained soils.
Native To / Origin: Garden Hybrid - EuroAmerican Seed
This species has a symbiotic relationship with certain soil bacteria, these bacteria form nodules on the roots and fix atmospheric nitrogen. Blooms early to mid season. * Perennial wildflower, palm shaped leaves, blooms 2nd and 3rd year and successive...
They are best used with Foeniculum vulgare seeds in order to counteract a tendency to cause gripe. The leaves area safe and effective cathartic. The seeds have been soaked in water until they are mucilaginous and then swallowed as a treatment for sore...