* A good hedging plant, it is very tolerant of trimming. * Syringa josikaea ( Hungarian Lilac ) is a species of Lilac , native to central and eastern Europe , in the Carpathian Mountains in Hungary , Romania , and western Ukraine .
* An annual with white, lilac, pink, maroon, and carmine flowers; easy from seed, they start flowering 6 weeks after sowing and continue until frost; native to Europe. * Easily grown in a good, well-drained ordinary garden soil in a sunny position.
* The plant is often used as a rootstock for the various ornamental cultivars of lilac. * The bark or leaves have been chewed by children as a treatment for sore mouth. * Plants can be grown as an informal hedge.
They taste somewhat like peas. It is in the genus Asclepias , making it a type of milkweed . They are used like broccoli. * The sprouted seeds can be eaten. This species is native to most of North America east of the Rocky Mountains , excluding the drier...
Excellent for attracting birds and butterflies. It is commonly grown in gardens for its showy purple flowers (pink or white in some cultivars). * This is the white flowering form. It is also used in treating kidney diseases.
* The yellow rays are strongly downturned and the disk is dark brown. Flower stalks are sturdy and straight, with solitary terminal flowers, and are smooth or slightly hairy. Echinacea paradoxa is native to Missouri , Arkansas , Oklahoma , and Texas ,...
Germination Test Type: Cut
Botanical Name: Echinacea paradoxa
Common Name: Yellow Cone Flower, Bush's Purple Coneflower, Yellow Coneflower
* This is the red flowered form. * Primula denticulata , commonly known as Drumstick primrose or the Himalayan Primrose is a species of primrose that is native to moist alpine regions and Afghanistan to China .
The flowers are dark pink with a paler base, 12–15 mm long, produced in a dense inflorescence. For these reasons, it is used as a green manure crop. Trifolium pratense is used in traditional medicine of India as deobstruent, antispasmodic, expectorant,...
* Symphyotrichum novae-angliae (formerly Aster novae-angliae), commonly known as the New England aster, is a flowering herbaceous perennial plant in the Asteraceae family. The perennial's hairy, clasping leaves are arranged densely on its stout stems.
Blooms early to mid season. This species is very susceptible to slug damage. Plants are hardy to about -25°c. * Perennial wildflower, palm shaped leaves, blooms 2nd and 3rd year and successive seasons from expanding clumps.
It can grow in moist or dry habitat. Tall, summer perennial with a somewhat branched stem. * Gray-head mexican-hat is a 3-5 ft. * This plant grows in prairies, on the margins of woods, and on roadsides.
The inflorescence is a dense raceme of up to 20 flowers hanging pendent or held erect on the branches. The fruit is an edible blue-black berry under a centimeter wide. The glandular leaves are up to 8 centimeters long and are divided shallowly into a...
However it is commonly cultivated in gardens away from its native range. * Primula denticulata , commonly known as Drumstick primrose or the Himalayan Primrose is a species of primrose that is native to moist alpine regions and Afghanistan to China .
Quantity: 0.00442 lb
Minimum Hardiness Zone: 2
Common Name: Drumstick Primrose, Drumstick Primula
The Cahuilla Indians used leaves interchangeably with other tobacco species in hunting rituals and as a poultice to treat swellings, bruises, cuts, wounds, boils, sores, inflamed throat, and swollen glands.
One of the hardiest species of passionflower, it is a common wildflower in the southern United States . * Maypops is a valuable sedative and tranquillising herb with a long history of use in North America.
Tree forms are effective along streets, in lawns, near decks/patios or in foundations. * Syringa reticulata (Japanese tree lilac; Chinese: bao ma ding xiang; Japanese: hashidoi) is a species of Lilac, native to eastern Asia: in northern Japan (mainly...
In the United States it may also be known as "Silver Dollars," also because of the seed pods. The common name "Honesty" arose in the 16th century, and it may be due to the translucent seed-pods which are like flattened pea-pods and borne on the plant...
* The seed can be sprouted and added to salads. * Hesperis matronalis grows 100 cm or taller, with multiple upright hairy stems. Typically the first year of growth produces a mound of foliage and flowering occurs the second year, plants are normally biennials...
* Helenium autumnale is a flowering plant native to North America. * The plant contains helenalin, a compound that has shown significant anti-tumour activity. Common names include common sneezeweed and large-flowered sneezeweed.
Botanical Name: Helenium autumnale
Collection Locale: MN
Common Name: Sneezeweed, Common Sneezeweed, Bitterweed, Helen's Flower, False Sunflower, Large-flowered Sneezeweed, Fall Sneezeweed