Rose of Sharon Hedge is a practical, lovely frame for your landscape. This is not an evergreen. Rose of Sharon is lovely all through the growing season. These hardy, erect-branching shrubs will grow 5-10' tall for an informal privacy screen or can be...
* The yellow rays (petals) droop downward and are arranged around a grayish-brown cone. * Ratibida pinnata is a species of flowering plant in the aster family known by the common names pinnate prairie coneflower, gray-head coneflower, yellow coneflower,...
* White or rosy-lilac flowers in 3-7" clusters, often several to each branch tip, in May; flower fragrance, not intense, resembles privet; very hardy; forms a dense, arching shrub with substantial branches; does well in the U.S. Midwest; native to China.
It is quite hardy, disease-resistant, and gives year round beauty. We send 1 to 1 1/2' plants. Later, brilliant red berries appear that last all summer and throughout the winter. In mid-May it bursts into a mass of dashing pink flowers with deep golden...
* It tolerates a wide range of soil types and will grow in full sun or partial shade. * Its height of 10-18 inches makes it ideal for the front or closer portion of the meadow. * It is fragarnt and attracts bees and butterflies! * It is a short lived...
* A biennial with pretty four-petaled fragrant flowers in loose clusters, white to purplish and everything in between; the main flowering is in May in New York state; native to Europe, but naturalized and nearly ubiquitous in the open woodlands of the...
It is somewhat waxy in texture and studded with glandular hairs. * Ribes nevadense is an erect shrub growing 1 to 2 meters tall. The inflorescence is a dense raceme of up to 20 flowers hanging pendent or held erect on the branches.
Common Name: Sierra Currant, Pink Mountain Currant, Sierran Currant
Petiole 2-4.5 cm; leaf blade often purplish red when young, greenish when mature, cordate or triangular-orbicular, * Open or dense forests, mountain slopes, along valleys near roads, on rocks; 600-1900 m.
Common Name: Chinese Redbud, Smooth Redbud, Yunnan Redbud
* An easily grown plant, it prefers an open position in a moisture retentive or wet neutral to acid humus-rich soil. Ducks and other water birds and shorebirds consume the seeds. * Buttonbush is a handsome ornamental suited to wet soils and is also a...
Rose of Sharon Hedge is a practical, lovely frame for your landscape. In mid-summer it bursts into bloom when little else is blooming and continues to flower through fall. Rose of Sharon is lovely all through the growing season.
This keeps it manageable and promotes new bloom shoots. One of the most prolific sources of massed color, blooms from July to frost. We ship sturdy ready to grow plants. These plants are deer and drought resistant.
Award winner! Black-eyed Susans have rich, golden yellow petals set off by bronze-black centers. Black-eyed Susans are ideal for sunny borders, along walls, by driveways or as a focal point in perennial bed.
America where it is considered to be especially useful as an expectorant. They are especially recommended for treating diseases of the chest and respiratory system, including asthma, and are also used in the treatment of hay fever.
* A very ornamental plant. * Succeeds in poor soils and on dry walls. Prefers a calcareous soil but tolerates mildly acid soils. * Easily grown in a good, well-drained ordinary garden soil in a sunny position.
It is used in a number of proprietary medicines for treating skin, circulatory and kidney disorders. * Aristolochia serpentaria is a species of perennial flowering plant in the Aristolochiaceae (birthwort) family.
Crop Year: 2017
Germination Test Type: cut
Seeds Per Pound: 63,560
Common Name: Virginia Snake Root, Virginia Snakeroot
This spectacular cultivar of butterfly bush is valued for its intense, deeply colored wine-red flowers. Plant in full to partial sun. The fragrant, long panicles are showy from June to September and attracts loads of butterflies and hummingbirds.Grows...
* This spring-blooming anemone features cup-shaped, 1.5-2" diameter, fragrant, 5-sepaled, often nodding, white flowers with yellow anthers in the center. It spreads rapidly by root suckers and stolons .
It produces a spike of zygomorphic flowers in the late summer. Growing up to a meter tall, it lives in zones 4 to 9 in moist to wet soils. It is an herbaceous, perennial dicot native to eastern and central Canada and United States.
Botanical Name: Lobelia siphilitica Alba
Common Name: White Lobelia, Great White Blue Lobelia, White Cardinal Flower
* Its odor is considered similar to that of the bergamot orange (the source of bergamot oil used to flavor Earl Grey tea. Beebalm is the natural source of the antiseptic thymol, the primary active ingredient in modern commercial mouthwash formulas.
* Symphyotrichum novae-angliae (formerly Aster novae-angliae), commonly known as the New England aster, is a flowering herbaceous perennial plant in the Asteraceae family. * New England American-aster is large and showy, growing to 6 or more ft.
For more on Greg's introductions from the SFA Gardens website click the "More Info" link below. This is a hummingbird's delight! A vigorous and easy to grow, long-lived perennial for full sun to part shade and is drought resistant once established.
Salt Tolerance: Moderate
Soil & Moisture: Average to moist but moderatley drought tolerant once well established. Adaptable to soil types.