* The bark or leaves have been chewed by children as a treatment for sore mouth. * An essential oil used in perfumery is obtained from the flowers. * The lilac is a very popular ornamental plant in gardens and parks, because of its attractive, sweet-smelling...
* Sambucus racemosa, commonly known as red elder or red elderberry, is a deciduous suckering shrub which typically grows to 8-12' tall with a somewhat sprawling habit. Fruits are attractive to wildlife.
* Trees, 6-20 m tall. Anhui, Guangdong, Guangxi, Guizhou, Henan, Hubei, Hunan, Shaanxi, Sichuan, Yunnan, Zhejiang. Trunk to 30 cm d.b.h. or more. Petiole 2-4.5 cm; leaf blade often purplish red when young, greenish when mature, cordate or triangular-orbicular,...
Botanical Name: Cercis glabra
Common Name: Chinese Redbud, Smooth Redbud, Yunnan Redbud
Rose of Sharon is lovely all through the growing season. Delightful red, white or purple hibiscus-shaped flowers blossom each summer for a lifetime of natural beauty. In mid-summer it bursts into bloom when little else is blooming and continues to flower...
* Knautia arvensis , commonly known as Field Scabious , is a species in the genus Knautia . * The whole plant is astringent and mildly diuretic. Europe, Caucasus, western Siberia. An infusion is used internally as a blood purifier and externally for treating...
Filipendula species are used as food plants by the larvae of some Lepidoptera species: Emperor Moth, Grey Pug, Grizzled Skipper, Hebrew Character, Lime-speck Pug, Mottled Beauty and The Satellite have all been recorded on Meadowsweet.
* The yellow rays (petals) droop downward and are arranged around a grayish-brown cone. One or several flowers, each on its own long stalk, may top a single stem. It is hardy and not easily outcompeted by other plants.
Common Name: Yellow Coneflower, Prairie Coneflower, Gray-head Coneflower, Gray-head Mexican-hat
Also effective as a shrubby ground cover for hard-to-grow areas such as dry rocky slopes and banks * Garden Uses Shrub borders or native plant gardens. Young twigs are noticeably yellow and stand out in winter.
Panicles grow up to 10'' and feature raspberry and butterscotch yellow florets beginning in summer and lasting into fall. A breakthrough in color! Bi-color is the first Butterfly Bush to feature multiple colors on each bloom.
You'll enjoy this old-fashioned favorite that bears an abundance of large, hibiscus blossoms in three different colors: red, white and blue. An excellent source for cut flowers. Rose of Sharon grows 5-10' tall.
* It tolerates a wide range of soil types and will grow in full sun or partial shade. * It is fragarnt and attracts bees and butterflies! * It is a short lived perennial or biennial but will self seed.
This plant is a main stay of the perennial border. The Mixed Butterfly Bush has fragrant 8-10'' flower spikes and grows 4-8' tall. These plants are deer and drought resistant. This keeps it manageable and promotes new bloom shoots.
* Dark green shiny leaves, yellow, bronzy, and red in fall; 1/3" bright red fruit, good bird food; large shrub, can be trained as a small tree; susceptible to fireblight; native to Japan, Korea, China.
Thrives anywhere. The Bristol Ruby Weigela is a beautiful, well-formed shrub, which grows 4-8' tall. Some repeat blooms until frost. Sun or semi-shade. This spring and each May-June ruby-red trumpet shaped flowers smother the Bristol Ruby Weigela with...
They are native to Australia. * Templetonia is a genus of flowering plants in the family Fabaceae. * Templetonia is a dryland shrub that grows 3-7 feet tall. It is covered in red flowers in the winter and spring.
It grows in sandy soils and appreciates lots of sunlight. * Asclepias syriaca , commonly called Common Milkweed , Butterfly flower , Silkweed , Silky Swallow-wort , Virginia Silkweed , is a herbaceous plant species.
* The plant looks similar to the thistles but lacks their prickly characteristics . * Centaurea americana , commonly called American Starthistle or American Basketflower , is an annual native to the southern central United States and northeastern Mexico.
* No serious insect or disease problems. * Gerbera jamesonii is a species of flowering plant in the genus Gerbera. Performs best in climates with warm summer days and cool nights. It is indigenous to South Eastern Africa and commonly known as the Barberton...
Height: 10-18 inches
Crop Year: 2017
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 29
Common Name: Transvaal Daisy, Barberton Daisy, Gerber Daisy
The glandular leaves are up to 8 centimeters long and are divided shallowly into a few dully toothed lobes. * Ribes nevadense is an erect shrub growing 1 to 2 meters tall. Each flower has opens into a corolla-like array of five pinkish red sepals with...
Butterflies Love Horizontal Shrub Buddleia Purple Haze Lo and Behold, Buddleia x 'Purple Haze Lo and Behold', creates an explosion of fragrant purple-blue flowers from summer to fall! Purple Haze is a dwarf variety that has a horizontal, low spreading,...
* Lonicera xylosteum , commonly known as Fly honeysuckle , European Fly Honeysuckle , Dwarf Honeysuckle or Fly Woodbine is a deciduous shrub. It is one of two honeysuckles native to Britain, the other being the Common Honeysuckle ( Lonicera periclymenum...
What an amazingly easy-to-own, and gorgeous plant for your yard this summer! * Fragrant, white flowers * Adaptable to a variety of conditions * Works well in containers * Drought tolerant * Works as a cut flower
* White or rosy-lilac flowers in 3-7" clusters, often several to each branch tip, in May; flower fragrance, not intense, resembles privet; very hardy; forms a dense, arching shrub with substantial branches; does well in the U.S. Midwest; native to China.