* Generally grown as an annual to produce desired onions for eating. To produce seed for future years the bulbs need to be left in place and mulched heavily over winter and allowed to grow until the second summer when they will produce flowers and seed.
* Dianthus barbatus ( Sweet William ) is a species of Dianthus native to the mountains of southern Europe from the Pyrenees east to the Carpathians and the Balkans , with a variety disjunct in northeastern China , Korea , and southeastern most Russia...
It is a biennial plant usually grown as an annual. It has been used as a vegetable since antiquity and was cultivated by the Romans, although there is some confusion in the literature of the time between parsnips and carrots.
This occurrence is a popular science experiment in primary grade school. The aromatic seed is used as a flavouring in stews etc. Research conducted on mice has offered a degree of confirmation for this use—it was found that wild carrot disrupts the...
* The foliage was burned by the Cherokee as a natural insecticide, to smoke out gnats. Side effects can include sweating, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, tremors, rapid heartbeat, mental confusion, convulsions, hypothermia, coma, and possibly death.
In the vegetative phase, until May to June, the lower part of the hypocotyl, as well as the upper part of the tap root, grows in size. The majority of harvested maca is dried. It is grown for its fleshy hypocotyl (a fused hypocotyl and taproot), which...
* The much-loved foxglove of cottage gardens; flowers usually purple, but may be white, pink, or some variation, usually speckled in the throat; biennial, forming a basal rosette one year, flower stalk the next; likes part shade, moist (not wet) soil;...
* The seed contains arctiin, this excites the central nervous system producing convulsions an increase in respiration and later paralysis. * Burdock is one of the foremost detoxifying herbs in both Chinese and Western herbal medicine.
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 33
Germination Test Type: cut
Collection Locale: Genoa, NY
Common Name: Lesser Burdock, Common Burdock, Burdock, Clotbur
* Milk thistle has also been known to be used as food. Make tea by pouring boiling water over 2 teaspoons of ground seed. * Traditional milk thistle extract is made from the seeds, which contain approximately 4–6% silymarin.
Common Name: Blessed Milkthistle, Milk Thistle, Mary Thistle, Holy Thistle
* Siberian Wallflower makes a dramatic vibrant addition to a wildflower meadow. * It tolerates a wide range of soil types and will grow in full sun or partial shade. * Its height of 10-18 inches makes it ideal for the front or closer portion of the meadow.
* Covered in beautiful white flowers! * The Forking Larkspur ( Consolida regalis syn. * A strong tincture of the fresh seed is used externally to kill lice and nits in the head and pubic hair.It is also effective against aphids and thrips.
* Celery is used in weight-loss diets, where it provides low-calorie dietary fibre bulk. * Celery (Apium graveolens var. * The growing plant is an insect repellent, it repels the cabbage white butterfly so is a good companion for brassicas.
* Succeeds in a fertile well-drained soil in a sunny position. This species is cultivatedas a vegetable in China. Plants are not very cold-tolerant, but they can beoverwintered outdoors in areas where winter temperatures do not fall below about -5°c.
Common Name: Chinese Violet Cress, February Orchid
* Cynoglossum amabile is a flowering plant native to Asia , which is also called Chinese hound's tongue , or Chinese forget-me-not . * Annual or biennial; parent is dwarfish, dark blue flowers throughout summer; does well in hot, dry sun.
Height: 12 inches
Crop Year: 2017
Common Name: Forget-Me-not, Chinese Hound's Tongue
Compact 24" plants are also resistant to Tobacco mosaic virus. 85 days from transplant. One of the earliest ripening yellow marconi peppers on the market. AAS National Winner! Judges declared this a "great yellow pepper" because of the huge yield, uniform...
This flavorful and aromatic herb produces crunchy stems and feathery leaves that are great for salads, fish, soups, stews and stir fry dishes. It adds a sweet anise flavor and is commonly used in Italian cooking.
Make sure that your hardiness zone lies within the zone compatability range of this variety before ordering. A hearty, healthy blueberry. Ripens in August. Resists cracking. Enjoy abundant crops of large, light-blue berries.
Heirloom variety was developed by M.C. Ryles in the 1930's. The tomatoes proved to be so popular when he sold them that he was able to pay off his mortgage. Meaty tomato with mild flavor produces tomatoes that average 1 to 2 1/2 pounds.
A greatly improved bright yellow shallot. Snip the green tops just like chives. Matures early with nice round shape and improved skin quality. Plant 4-6'' apart. Easy to grow in your garden or indoors.
Make sure that your hardiness zone lies within the zone compatability range of this variety before ordering. Productive and decorative! A handsome bush with three seasons of interest: white, pink-tinged spring flowers; large, light blue summer fruit;...